GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
I don’t even know why Acura is mentioned in this Lexus forum. Not hating Acura, but the brand has nothing that makes it comparable to Lexus in anyway other than some relation to Japan.
Back in the old days AcUrA was the guy that stole Mike's lunch.

Reactions
People are reporting in the TX group on FB they are getting the $7500 credit for the plug in.

Also looking at bad car good car data, the MDX only outsold the TX by 100 units in January. MDX sales dropped 33% in January.
This can't be true, Lexus TX is not in on the official IRS list of eligible vehicles for 7500$ rebate.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I wish Lexus paid little attention to this and bring the MSRP right at 80k with tech and conv package added. The lease loophole would have been perfect.
The tax credit is just another factor in the overall equation of figuring out how to set pricing. They only have capacity to build X number of PHEV TXs... they can't just double or triple the capacity of the PHEV when the contracts are set with the battery manufacturing company to build X number of PHEV batteries (and really anything else that is PHEV only, TBH).

As a company, they have to try to match that pricing to sell exactly that number of vehicles. The dealerships will do what they've been doing the past 3 years and siphon any additional available profit if Lexus priced it without considering that some people would utilize the tax credit via leasing.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I wish Lexus paid little attention to this and bring the MSRP right at 80k with tech and conv package added. The lease loophole would have been perfect.

They probably want to attract buyers who want to option out the cars and run up the margin, not people who would only use credits, etc to make the purchase. Same thing with Porsche, etc. They know they will sell every one they make, why sell to people looking for low margin base offerings, and who might not be doing a lot of follow on purchasing.

Reactions

2024 Lexus TX: $500 Conquest Bonus

It's not the largest rebate on this list, but Lexus is already offering a $500 conquest deal on their newest model, the three-row TX. Owners and lessees of 2014 or newer Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lincoln, Mercedes, or Tesla models can get $500 towards the lease or purchase of a 2024 TX.

All TX trims, including the hybrid and plug-in hybrid models, are eligible for the conquest program. The $500 conquest bonus is stackable with the PHEV's $7,500 lease bonus, bringing the total savings potential to $8,000. This program is advertised until March 4th.

Reactions
Would be awesome to be able to stack the $500 conquest with the $7500 EV credit but all the dealers around me with stock or with stock arriving soon all exceed the $80k cap because they're all fitted with 120v plug (plus Tech and Convenience packages) which means after subtracting D&H fees it exceeds the cap. I think I'm gonna have to special order one just so it doesn't have the 120v plug as that is extraneous to me compared to the packages I'd rather have.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Would be awesome to be able to stack the $500 conquest with the $7500 EV credit but all the dealers around me with stock or with stock arriving soon all exceed the $80k cap because they're all fitted with 120v plug (plus Tech and Convenience packages) which means after subtracting D&H fees it exceeds the cap. I think I'm gonna have to special order one just so it doesn't have the 120v plug as that is extraneous to me compared to the packages I'd rather have.

As I said:

They probably want to attract buyers who want to option out the cars and run up the margin, not people who would only use credits, etc to make the purchase. Same thing with Porsche, etc. They know they will sell every one they make, why sell to people looking for low margin base offerings, and who might not be doing a lot of follow on purchasing.

If you can get a dealer to take the time to special order you one let me know.

They probably have people lined up out the door for every one they can produce, without dealing with people tripping up over having to pay for things like the 120V plug.

Reactions
As I said:

If you can get a dealer to take the time to special order you one let me know.

They probably have people lined up out the door for every one they can produce, without dealing with people tripping up over having to pay for things like the 120V plug.
lol, I could give a sh*t less about the $500. But the $500 add on puts it over the $80k threshold and you literally lose $7500 in free EV money.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
lol, I could give a sh*t less about the $500. But the $500 add on puts it over the $80k threshold and you literally lose $7500 in free EV money.

I'm just saying they could sell you one spec'd to $79,500, or they could sell one fully loaded to someone else for $83-85k with extras.
That's 6.3% additional margin per unit. When your parent company is average 10-15% profit margin, that's not nothing.
I don't think they're short on buyers, but that's just my guess.

Reactions
I'm just saying they could sell you one spec'd to $79,500, or they could sell one fully loaded to someone else for $83-85k with extras.
That's 6.3% additional margin per unit. When your parent company is average 10-15% profit margin, that's not nothing.
I don't think they're short on buyers, but that's just my guess.
Maybe not. I was just complaining because all the ones around me in SoCal are like $82,100 or something and just barely miss the cutoff after removing D&H.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
I am so sorry that I was skeptical about the design of TX. I am going to defend myself by saying that it may have been overshadowed by sharing the spotlight with the GX on debut and maybe not debuting it with best paint color. I’ve seen quite a few TXs roaming in my area now and they TURN HEADS. This thing has phenomenal presence and looks fantastic. I’ve started scouring YouTube reviews and started to look into putting my own order down

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Recently took a road trip with family and relatives. 6 people in total. We brought a lot of luggage and we needed to rent an Expedition Max to fit everything. I checked the TX's interior space is similar to the SWB Expedition, so it's not quite enough if you are really taking 6 people on a road trip. The overall length and wheelbase are shorter than the Sienna. So I wonder why they didn't make it even bigger to have enough cargo room in the back (similar to Sequoia in length and similar room to Sienna).

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Recently took a road trip with family and relatives. 6 people in total. We brought a lot of luggage and we needed to rent an Expedition Max to fit everything. I checked the TX's interior space is similar to the SWB Expedition, so it's not quite enough if you are really taking 6 people on a road trip. The overall length and wheelbase are shorter than the Sienna. So I wonder why they didn't make it even bigger to have enough cargo room in the back (similar to Sequoia in length and similar room to Sienna).
We road tripped to the northeast with 6 people 2 summers ago in a Pacifica. We still needed a roof box. We didn't bring a ton of camping gear, either. It just gets crowded with that many people.

IMO, comfort for 6 people on a random day trip to junior's travel sports ball tournament or a road trip for 4-5 people is probably the typical buyer need for something the size of the TX. People wanting 6-7 people AND gear are probably looking at long wheelbase BOF SUVs anyway. Being able to fit in standard size garages probably also factors into that calculus.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
We road tripped to the northeast with 6 people 2 summers ago in a Pacifica. We still needed a roof box. We didn't bring a ton of camping gear, either. It just gets crowded with that many people.

IMO, comfort for 6 people on a random day trip to junior's travel sports ball tournament or a road trip for 4-5 people is probably the typical buyer need for something the size of the TX. People wanting 6-7 people AND gear are probably looking at long wheelbase BOF SUVs anyway. Being able to fit in standard size garages probably also factors into that calculus.
True. I think we are approaching the limit of packaging in an ICEV design with the TX/GH. Transporting 6 people comfortably with luggage in a garage size package requires a cab over design like HiAce.

Maybe the upcoming EVs can be a lot better. Not just bigger passenger cabin but also frunk for extra storage. The RZ already provides the space of RX with the size of NX.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
True. I think we are approaching the limit of packaging in an ICEV design with the TX/GH. Transporting 6 people comfortably with luggage in a garage size package requires a cab over design like HiAce.

Maybe the upcoming EVs can be a lot better. Not just bigger passenger cabin but also frunk for extra storage. The RZ already provides the space of RX with the size of NX.
I was honestly pretty impressed with how airy the RZ felt inside. Certainly preferred it to the NX and RX. It had that general spacious feel that my '12 Prius v had. Big greenhouse, low floor, IP and console not encroaching on the driver and passenger personal space.

mikeavelli

Reactions

Road tripped with 6 people in the LX wirh luggage from Atlanta to Washington DC area. Tight but we were overall fine. Yes a TX or Expedition would have offered more room.

It just reminds me of mcmansion syndrome of thinking you need all these rooms you never really use.

I also remember road tripping as a kid in a 2 door Nissan Sentra so just about anything else is spacious lol.

I get the whole Suburban/Navigator etc etc class tho. Absolutely tons of room inside. Great for a road trip i just wouldn’t want to drive a bus around town everyday. I guess Toyota and Lexus just don’t want that market.