Reactions
I just feel they decided to go super aggressive with TX pricing. It likely helps it’s built in the USA as well
I'm new to the forum but have been researching 3 row PHEV suvs extensively for an upcoming purchase. Is the TX pricing actually aggressive? For what Lexus is offering it seems to be in line with competitor pricing (XC90, X5, etc). The Aviator Grand Touring is in the same ballpark too (though the Black Label GT PHEV version is significantly more). The CX-90 seems to be among the most aggressively priced for what it offers (though I know Mazda isn't a luxury brand, they are challenging with the CX-90 and what it offers).

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
It is aggressive .. none of the brands you mention (Lincoln, BMW, Mazda) have reliability even close to what Lexus offers. Features don't matter that much when you start to spend thousands in repair costs. I am not a fan of the TX, as I wanted an SUV that offered significantly more luxury and space that what the TX offers (ie was looking for an SUV that was equivalent to the LS, but not BOF like the LX/GX). However for the price, I believe the TX is very aggressively priced.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm new to the forum but have been researching 3 row PHEV suvs extensively for an upcoming purchase. Is the TX pricing actually aggressive? For what Lexus is offering it seems to be in line with competitor pricing (XC90, X5, etc). The Aviator Grand Touring is in the same ballpark too (though the Black Label GT PHEV version is significantly more). The CX-90 seems to be among the most aggressively priced for what it offers (though I know Mazda isn't a luxury brand, they are challenging with the CX-90 and what it offers).
Welcome.

I think the TX starts out aggressive so maybe I should clarify. At the 70/80k range I think the price is worth it.
A MDX Type S is 75k which I think is nuts so a TX 500/550 around that price to me seems aggressive.

And while the GLS and X7 is rarely mentioned they are the same size. They both are about 20k more than a 500h. They are more luxurious even in base spec so there is that.

In the end it’s all relative to the person I guess.

Reactions
Two of my local dealers are showing 550h+ PHEVs being delivered soon. Estimated arrival dates are showing 2/9-2/14 and 2/10-2/16 respectively.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I saw some of these at a local dealer.

They look fine, better than I thought. It's a bit "generic Lexus SUV" to me design wise, but it's also not necessarily targeted at people like me. It's a big SUV, I have a feeling it'll be popular with families around here.

Last edited:
Reactions
I think that's a fair take, there isn't a lot special on the exterior about it. It really isn't that much different than the even more generic Grand Highlander. Which is unfortunate. I like a bit bolder styling like the new GX and LX but I don't want their respective MPGs just for a bolder look. :LOL:

RAL

Reactions

They look fine, better than I thought. It's a bit "generic Lexus SUV" to me design wise, but it's also not necessarily targeted at people like me. It's a big SUV, I have a feeling it'll be popular with families around here.
the interior looks more premium than I expected, than pictures do it justice ... But yeah, the exterior looks too Grand Highlander-ish

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Just my .02, but outside of the 500h, the wheel options are absolutely horrendous. They all look cheap and downmarket. Lexus needs to do better here - it will help the appearance a lot.

960x0.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 1.42.31 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-06 at 1.42.40 PM.png

:sick:🤮

Reactions
Agreed, really wish there were at least SOME wheel options. Personally like an all black option with my white painted vehicles.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Just my .02, but outside of the 500h, the wheel options are absolutely horrendous. They all look cheap and downmarket. Lexus needs to do better here - it will help the appearance a lot.

960x0.jpg

View attachment 8685View attachment 8686

:sick:🤮
I have a feeling they know who these will sell to, and these wheels are going to have curb rash and be dirty constantly in parking lots at malls. Still, i don't disagree.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don’t even know why Acura is mentioned in this Lexus forum. Not hating Acura, but the brand has nothing that makes it comparable to Lexus in anyway other than some relation to Japan.

Reactions

The black TX I saw on the Maplewood, Minnesota dealer's lot looked fabulous. Despite having been aware of the launch of this new TX, I found myself saying, "Whoa, what is that?" The black paint makes the TX look very sleek.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The black TX I saw on the Maplewood, Minnesota dealer's lot looked fabulous. Despite having been aware of the launch of this new TX, I found myself saying, "Whoa, what is that?" The black paint makes the TX look very sleek.
I will admit in a dark color it does look much better.

Reactions
People are reporting in the TX group on FB they are getting the $7500 credit for the plug in.

Also looking at bad car good car data, the MDX only outsold the TX by 100 units in January. MDX sales dropped 33% in January.
So if the TX actually qualifies, you have to get an out the door price of $81,350, because the $1,350 destination fee is excluded from the $80k allowable, correct? So really you're looking at the base package, plus Convenience and Technology packages and that is about it (total would be $81,095).

I'm assuming cargo/floor liners, PPF, edge guards, etc are excluded from the total because those are dealer installed options? I'm new to the $7500 credit game so trying to figure out specifics.