2022 Acura Integra

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Infiniti and Acura bite the dust. Only Lexus left with new rival from Korea, Genesis. Jaguar also bites the dust, Alfa and Maserati are on life support.

mikeavelli

Reactions
They'll do fine selling base tarted Civics to the less informed crowd, but the enthusiasts? $5000 more....ehhh, ummm...nahhh

Odd normally the manuals are the cheaper cars. Not sure why they couldn’t do one base and one loaded. We are taking close to tlx base price. I don’t see any merits for it at 38k. I guess it’s to separate it from people contemplating a Civic Si.

At that price I would just 100% go for the previous Type R which is the performance fwd, manual car they are faking with the integra.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I guess they're testing shear allegiance to Acura by charging $5k for the manual...hopefully that works out for them.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
This is such a joke LOL. A fully loaded Civic Sport Touring Hatch with optional stick is cheaper than a base Integra and probably lighter and better to drive. Definitely looks better too. And I bet it's *almost* as nice inside given the Integra got a restyled Civic interior rather than something more akin to the TLX, RDX, MDX.

Would also rather spend 3k more and get the very nice and larger Accord Touring with the 2.0T and 10 speed.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Acura is really pushing their luck with the pricing of their Integra, I hope their plans backfire real badly, maybe that could slap some sense back into them.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
I don't particularly understand the spite, still. Having actually gotten in the seat of it (and the rest of their lineup for that matter) it legitimately feel nicer than something such as a fully loaded Honda Civic, and a fully loaded Accord.
Even with the interior design cues of the Civic in mind there's more than enough to make things feel different, even if they are small in all regards like interior color choices, small aesthetic changes to the technology end, and seats. It's kept the great ergonomics of the Civic, while adding its own sense of flair to it on the inside and out. The shifter, like the Si is fantastic, and everything I imagined an manual feeling like. ELS Audio has always done a great job with their sound systems on these cars and I have no doubt that it'll be great on this vehicle as well. Even as a liftback the space is still absolutely cavernous, and I'd argue as far as usability is concerned is on par with something like the Accord. Even as a vehicle shared with the Civic platform it does differentiate in the right areas to make it warrant the price difference, just like its predecessors. It's no Type R. Even as a FWD vehicle I gander it'll end up being more interesting pick than the German sedans it's actually competing against, rather than the hot-hatches that people want to put it against, I imagine, the same is true as to why folks like you or me would take a ES any-day of the week over a 3 series, even if fundamentally, an Avalon would also do the job. Or, maybe it's the other way around for other folks here. It's all flavors of ice cream, my friends. I just so happen to like this one.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Acura is really pushing their luck with the pricing of their Integra, I hope their plans backfire real badly, maybe that could slap some sense back into them.

The awful ILX sold and sales actually increased with the third refresh. A civic from 2 generations ago. Their cars aren’t cross shopped and aimed for their fans. And they will justify this. Most are older anyway so a CVT doesn’t mean anything bad.

Ironically the Integra will be the car for older people who want an Acura for 32k. $299 lease. What knowledgeable young person would actually drive this? Hyundai Elantra N anyone?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The awful ILX sold and sales actually increased with the third refresh. A civic from 2 generations ago. Their cars aren’t cross shopped and aimed for their fans. And they will justify this. Most are older anyway so a CVT doesn’t mean anything bad.

Ironically the Integra will be the car for older people who want an Acura for 32k. $299 lease. What knowledgeable young person would actually drive this? Hyundai Elantra N anyone?
@$299 the line will be extremely long. In this market there is absolutely nothing that comes close in the premium/entry luxury market (would be UX from lexus usually). However I assume either there is a lot of DAS required to get to that number (end user cost) or Acura is essentially footing the bill on folks lease (incentives).

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

Acura fanboys will always be Acura fanboys, and there's plenty of them in the US, I really don't get why quite a lot people are so blindly loyal to certain car manufacturers, some car manufacturers pretty much rely on this sort of blind loyalty to stay alive rather than producing high quality, reliable, well priced and well engineered vehicles.

mikeavelli

Reactions
@$299 the line will be extremely long. In this market there is absolutely nothing that comes close in the premium/entry luxury market (would be UX from lexus usually). However I assume either there is a lot of DAS required to get to that number (end user cost) or Acura is essentially footing the bill on folks lease (incentives).

I don’t doubt at that hypothetical price it will sell but it won’t hit the market they are wishing for. Young people are ripping it apart. Older guys like myself who remember the old Integra are laughing. So that leaves it for ILX owners wanting a new car.

All the marketing is showing is the car drifting and speeding and blah blah blah. That’s fun until you get smoked by their own Accord or even a MDX lol.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Makes me wonder why Lexus is so hesitant to making a successor to CT/HS. The base is already there (Corolla LWB).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Makes me wonder why Lexus is so hesitant to making a successor to CT/HS. The base is already there (Corolla LWB).
Because a Coralla Lexus has always been a bad idea. The HS was actually Avensis based which was premium in Europe. It just looked meh.

The fact is a civic based acura is exactly what is wrong with acura the past 35 or so years. Technically they should have never done it to be taken seriously as a luxury brand. Lexus never went past the Camry with the ES when it debuted.

I guess i’m retrospect none of us should be surprised.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Because a Coralla Lexus has always been a bad idea. The HS was actually Avensis based which was premium in Europe. It just looked meh.

The fact is a civic based acura is exactly what is wrong with acura the past 35 or so years. Technically they should have never done it to be taken seriously as a luxury brand. Lexus never went past the Camry with the ES when it debuted.

I guess i’m retrospect none of us should be surprised.
Works very well for Audi which is a VW, Mercedes which is cheap, and BMW which is another cheap FWD. They have nothing more premium than a Peugeot 308.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I don’t doubt at that hypothetical price it will sell but it won’t hit the market they are wishing for. Young people are ripping it apart. Older guys like myself who remember the old Integra are laughing. So that leaves it for ILX owners wanting a new car.

All the marketing is showing is the car drifting and speeding and blah blah blah. That’s fun until you get smoked by their own Accord or even a MDX lol.
One cannot bake the integra cake and have it too. Their Marketing folks probably know this hence turning up the smoke and performance upto 11 in their ads. If they can redo the magic Mercedes used to introduce and force customers to salivate for the original CLA they could save face. Pure marketing genius to get top trim Accord/Camry money customers to jump to essentially a smaller corolla with a 3 pointed badge.

Works very well for Audi which is a VW, Mercedes which is cheap, and BMW which is another cheap FWD. They have nothing more premium than a Peugeot 308.
But it doesnt work for them hence why almost all of the big three Gs are exiting that segment pretty soon. The lowest the big 3 Gs and can go is a low budget/lease specific setup like say the BMW 320i, Lexus IS200t, Mercedes C300 etc (but even then they have cost overruns).

mikeavelli

Reactions
One cannot bake the integra cake and have it too. Their Marketing folks probably know this hence turning up the smoke and performance upto 11 in their ads. If they can redo the magic Mercedes used to introduce and force customers to salivate for the original CLA they could save face. Pure marketing genius to get top trim Accord/Camry money customers to jump to essentially a smaller corolla with a 3 pointed badge.

But it doesnt work for them hence why almost all of the big three Gs are exiting that segment pretty soon. The lowest the big 3 Gs and can go is a low budget/lease specific setup like say the BMW 320i, Lexus IS200t, Mercedes C300 etc (but even then they have cost overruns).

Yup it will sell just not to the target market as the target market has called it out for being lame AF. #fixtheintegra

mikeavelli

Reactions
Saw this at “the Drive” and i can’t take these people serious. The disconnect from
what people want and are saying vs the media is insane. Also no performance times are being mentioned.

“As a long-time Honda and Acura enthusiast, and someone who grew up with the Integra as a staple of the import-tuning scene, just seeing the Integra name on a new car feels like a victory.”

All these fanboys/girls need to stop. Call a spade a spade. shame on the media

Last edited: