16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Hence the /3.5 V6. Even though it's modified and better fuel efficiency I still consider it gone. I'd love to still have it in the Crown don't get me wrong.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
If they do develop one last generation of ICEs for the future, the logical next step will be standardized displacement inline series from 3 to 6 cylinders. I think packaging efficiency is no longer a valid argument for the V6 because almost no new transverse FWD car is produced with V6 in the near future. Toyota was very stupid to develop the V35 to be as compact as possible but then not use that compactness to its advantage, in typical Toyota fashion.

We should be prepared to be disappointed by the Crown sedan because it will very likely be a simple S220 refresh.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It's a little more than just a refresh, structurally bigger.. 3 inches longer wheelbase, 5 inches longer length, and 3 inches wider (no longer the magical 1800mm width)

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
It's a totally new gen
With update GA-L and newly to crown engines
It's not just the powertrain though interior quality was downgraded in 14th and 15th gen compared to 13th and the 16th crossover isn't even worth mentioning so let us hope they don't f*** that up

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
So according to this article shared by predict cars the timeline of release is
Sport: August
Sedan: October
Estate: January

shizhi

Follower
Reactions

Levi

Expert
Reactions
HEV should be 8GR-FXS. No way anything else, too much development otherwise. T24A hybrid from BOF platform will not fit cheaply.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Since 8gr is still available with the lc/ls500h it isn't impossible though they should make changes to the electric powertrain as for the t24a hybrid it may be available too

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
HEV should be 8GR-FXS. No way anything else, too much development otherwise. T24A hybrid from BOF platform will not fit cheaply.
No way they will use 8GR. They will just use two hybrid options from Crown Crossover.
For plug-in, it will be the same as RAV4 Prime/NX/RX system. As for FCEV, maybe third gen system? Doesn't make much sense to just reuse the same one as Mirai, considering the sedan is basically a Mirai with Crown badge. Maybe the FCEV version is just for the government fleets.

EDIT* - My bad, it says FR. So pretty much Hybrid is multistage (8GR) and FCEV is from Mirai. Another interiesting point; It has a huge tunnel in the middle. (I think it is even bigger than Mirai's tunnel?)

1681299249698.png

Last edited:

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
IIf they used a downgraded t24a hybrid and 8gr that would be great but we know the 8gr and a25 will be used in this but to me it looks too big for a25

Last edited: