16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Bad idea. Won't sell because Mirai is associated with FCV, buyers won't know nor inquire if it is ICEV.
Oh i'm assuming the Crown sedan will only come here if it's an FCV.. no way it would sell better as an ICEV Toyota more than a potential 5GS for a business proposition.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
From previous show in China:

The car looks like a Lexus in quality/luxury/presence. Hopefully it gets more than 2.4 Turbo Hybrid, because again, it will be too close to a potential ES 500h, unless ES 350h will be the highest power model and will not even have an ES 450h+ version.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
ES will never be turned to FR

Don't worry
ES killed the GS. Crown Sedan needs more than "T24A 500h" powertrain, at least "T24A 550h+" or simply the great "8GR-FXS 500h".

And I don't see how Direct4 of T24A hybrid will fit in FR layout.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
ES killed the GS. Crown Sedan needs more than "T24A 500h" powertrain, at least "T24A 550h+" or simply the great "8GR-FXS 500h".

And I don't see how Direct4 of T24A hybrid will fit in FR layout.
ES not only killed GS
ES killed the Avalon, Mark-X, longer IS
ES killed Crown itself before it came back like a phoenix
ES killed Toyota soul for long time

But I think the new Crown sedan dimensions set it apart from the ES
The 2.4 T hybrid maybe found under the sedan but not as the top engine
TMC needs to spread the R&D cost
So I think it will get the 2.4T hybrid and the 3.4TT hybrid for all hybrid car

Will1991

Reactions
Most probably is the 3.5 V6 Hybrid that’s found on the LC/LS500h and on current Crown.

This seems to be a heavy refresh rather than a all new model.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I mean that 2GR/3.5 V6 is being phased out in everything right now, I don't see that happening. But I'd like for it to stay, but with the newer hybrid systems.

Reactions
With EU keeping ice alive with e fuels toyota really needs a straight 6 in the fr and bof lineup, relegate the v6 to fwd crossovers

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's the perfect time for Toyota to develop a perfect inline-six. If anything if it's super successful it will prompt the other FWD-based cars to switch platforms.

There is a vast swath of the buyer base that do not want full EVs yet. Look at BMW with their mild-hybrid options with the inline-six, they're selling real well because those engines not only perform well, but have spectacular fuel efficiency.

Toyota could do so well in this segment, their reluctance to get back in the game confuses me.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Inline 6's have such a smooth wonderful amount of torque. I have a couple of older I6 vehicles (AMC/Jeep). If I had to have a straight up gas engine that's naturally aspirated, I would always pick an I6 as my first choice.