16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Looking at these four new models it is very obvious that imposter here is the US model, it carries very little design resemblance with the other three. It was probably designed by US Avalon team or as US large sedan replacement in mind. It looks too US Toyotish compared to the others (unless others are concepts I couldn't tell from the video). I think others are a homerun design wise if they stay the way they are shown. Yellow one seems like RX based, red is certainly reskinned NX/RZ and sedan is successful Mirai facelift.

If I had to pick it would be the Crown Mirai for sure.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
If toyota put the 3.5 v6tt hybrid in this crown sedan it could take on the top e class grades in the us

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The USDM version, as expected, has the lamest interior color you can possibly put in a press release.

All of these actually look better than expected. The Crossover is obviously too americanized but the sedan is great. I prefer it over the S220.

I wish the sedan is available in US. Even if it's a S220 refresh I would gladly take the 3.5 multistage hybrid.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys from the video of the 4 Crowns I got the following

1) the sedan is the only FR and it will be the tallest, wider and shortest in height
2) they said in the video they will complete the whole 4 lineup in year and half so if we are 7.22 this means 1.23, 7.23, 1.24 with the Sport very much be in 1.23 then the S230 aka Sedan in 7.23 then finally the Estate in 1.24
3) the sporty is little longer than the NX nearly Venza dimensions but more sporty towards more the AlfaRomeo Stelvio, Porsche Macan and Maserati Grecale

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
If you want some reference point for price: JDM ES300h is ¥6M-7.2M, S220 3.5 hybrid is ¥6.2M-7.7M, S235 2.4T hybrid is ¥6M-6.4M,

So the flagship model will be priced similar to an ES300h? It's an even more overwhelming value advantage than the Avalon vs ES scenario.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I am surprised the sedans are not hatchbacks.

I like the ICE RWD Mirai. It is even better than the lifted FWD sedan. It just seams strange to not have a Lexus GS version of it, if it already exists (unlike new platform IS). The CUV looks amazingly good.

Surprised there are really so many new Crowns and this brand is going global.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So as there's a Estate, which looks like a midsize SUV is that means the Crown Kluger in china will go and be replaced with this ???

larryren

Follower
Reactions
So as there's a Estate, which looks like a midsize SUV is that means the Crown Kluger in china will go and be replaced with this ???
It hard to say "Estate"version will replace the Crown Kluger...in China. I suppose FAW-Toyota will not introduce that one..

Because early of this year in FAW-Toyota Dealership Meeting, new Crown are confirm for fully imported... so it maybe just introduce the Cross start at this year later, and introduce the traditional Sedan future..

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I know I doubt it also to see this replacing the Kluger, but on paper they have nearly identical dimensions out of the height the length and width seems identical

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Damn we got jipped with our Crown compared to the other models revealed. Is there any chance of those coming here? I really like the Sport Type and the Estate Type, and the lines of the Sedan Type are nice too.

With that said, the shape of the "crossover" is honestly nicer than I expected and I like it. This might be what mainstream "sedans" have to become to survive, and Toyota, if anyone, would have insight on that. I think what I struggle with are the details... the front end isn't particularly elegant or good looking and it mimics elements of the BZ-4X and Corolla, neither of which feel premium.

The interior is a bit of a letdown to me. I see a lot of black plastic trim and seams between trim pieces which is very "mainstream toyota." Black being the only interior on the Platinum is disappointing too - I want something Caramel too, and people really liked that on the Avalon.

The Sport Type looks hungry for Macans with an Aston Martin DBX booty.

20220715_01_06_s.jpg

20220715_01_07_s.jpg20220715_01_09_s.jpg20220715_01_10_s.jpg

GoHuskers

Follower
Reactions
Damn we got jipped with our Crown compared to the other models revealed. Is there any chance of those coming here? I really like the Sport Type and the Estate Type, and the lines of the Sedan Type are nice too.

With that said, the shape of the "crossover" is honestly nicer than I expected and I like it. This might be what mainstream "sedans" have to become to survive, and Toyota, if anyone, would have insight on that. I think what I struggle with are the details... the front end isn't particularly elegant or good looking and it mimics elements of the BZ-4X and Corolla, neither of which feel premium.

The interior is a bit of a letdown to me. I see a lot of black plastic trim and seams between trim pieces which is very "mainstream toyota." Black being the only interior on the Platinum is disappointing too - I want something Caramel too, and people really liked that on the Avalon.

The Sport Type looks hungry for Macans with an Aston Martin DBX booty.

View attachment 6120

View attachment 6121View attachment 6122View attachment 6123
The only one I like and would buy is this Sport Type, others are meh to me.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
How are they going to price the US Crown is the million dollar question? The crown is Toyota+ and a outside US legend, but what does this mean for Toyota USA?

Side note Toyota has finally named and launched more EV concepts day models:

Remember these:
20211214-bev-20-1639491054.jpg

20211214-bev-11-1639491023.jpg

Levi

Expert
Reactions
How are they going to price the US Crown is the million dollar question? The crown is Toyota+ and a outside US legend, but what does this mean for Toyota USA?

Side note Toyota has finally named and launched more EV concepts day models:

Remember these:
20211214-bev-20-1639491054.jpg
So is the Crown Sports a BEV?

It is funny how Toyota revealed so many cars years ahead, and still with every model reveal everyone is surprised.