16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I like it. I doubt that I'll be willing to spend the $50k that a Crown with the 2.4T hybrid will cost, though. C'est la vie.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The crown is also launching in uae and also
-crown have always had some form of cladding up till the 11th gen where it was a two tone colour scheme the top was any colour and the bottom half was grey, gold or brown plastic whereas before that all crown had cladding like the one coming but inatead of plastic it was chrome

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I like it (at least from this angle). There is a reverse-looking family resemblance, in the shape of the grille. There is also a forward-looking resemblance, with the slim headlights and "eyelids" (that may be body-coloured or contrasting 2-tone, with the hood) that resembles the bX and RX (and how the hood may be in a contrasting colour); I don't think it reuses the headlights from the bX, but so what?

As for the black wheelwell cladding, that has become the uniform of the crossover -- all new crossovers seem to require it as a sign to the buyer: "I am a crossover". At least it is not as bad as on the bZ4X. And, with luck, there will be a trim level in which the cladding comes in body colour.
The industry is spending too much time getting inspired by these i assume?
2023-subaru-outback-refresh-front-angle.webp

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The design is alright they just need to make small tweaks to that front grill and side claddings to make it look more premium, fingers crossed for the interior

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
With Toyota having this and the Mirai why can’t Lexus have some sort of GS… makes me sad….

nt01

Fan
Reactions
With Toyota having this and the Mirai why can’t Lexus have some sort of GS… makes me sad….

If the sedan is RWD and available in America, I do personally buy it over the GS.

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
I really want to like the Crown the folks in the U.S. (including me) will be getting but I'll be damned. I like the Mirai-like interior and the 340 hp hybrid max powertrain but I don't know if I'm ready for this raised-height sedan. I think some angles look great but it feels like other angles were disregarded entirely.

Any chance the hybrid max powertrain will go in the next-generation Camry? I think the hybrid max powertrain would be sweet in a more conventional sedan like the Camry, though I doubt Toyota will allow it so buyers are forced into the Crown. I don't think the V6 will be around by then so I'm most likely assuming the non-hybrid 2.4-liter turbo will replace it.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So best car was right about the 4 body types as well as was right that the sedan will stay FR is there any videos or photos about the sedan and hatch and SUV styles ?

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
If I was to get this it might be the first car I do a drop on. Other than that it looks nice. The sedan is just the hybrid Mirai which is a good thing since hydrogen infrastructure isn't up to par yet

340hp. A glimpse into the future of the next ES and IS. This might be the setup that actually replaces the 3.5L 2GR, unless they will tune the 2.4t above 300hp.