16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Not for LC. LC sold more in 2021 than in 2017 when it debuted. I admit 2017 was coupe only, 2021 was coupe and convertible combined. I did not look up how it compares to other coupes/convertibles, but I doubt it is top seller, despite how good and liked it is.
I don’t think you are understanding me.

They are building them as fast as they can.
LC production capacity likely doesn’t exist for them to match any segment leaders.
I needed a part and they said they would need to source one from Japan for it, and the factory was shut down briefly recently.

Days on lot is a better indicator for demand than volumes.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
This isn't about opinion, this is the response dealers have got and the dealers have said when 15th gen came initial response was good but then it stagnated due to customers feeling it to be too European, whereas 14th gen was a success

reality in JDM and everywhere else is that sedans are less popular than before. You can see that in selling charts in Japan anyway.

Yes, 15 years ago JDM car market looked very different but the customer tastes changed, and it is not because old Crown, old Corolla, old Vitz were best cars ever, but rather because people want Cross, Raize, Roomy, Noah, Alphard and all that not sedan stuff.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
p.s. Toyota Land Cruiser is #16 best seller in Japan for June 2022. 10 years ago it was not even sold in Japan.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
True but the front looks a bit too much like the corolla and since it is not a complete crossover those plastic claddings need to go

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Oh and if you zoom in on the dash the screen is an integrated design amd not a floating tablet

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Agree on the plastic cladding, but front has some Mirai vibes and this will be a positive point, regarding of the interior screen , this will be another positive point to be integrated in dash

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Theyshould have given more character to the headlights rather than have it shared across the whole lineup now we know this is cost cutting

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Ali, bro, I am thinking you just hate it for nothing, from my view it's better for crown to have Mirai vibes, maybe the next Mirai will be under Crown sub brand

It's definitely not the same headlights of Corolla or Camry or any other Toyota, it's more like a revised Mirai with ICE instead of H2

We don't know what the top guys are thinking but if they're turning Lexus to EV maybe they wanted Crown as a brand by time to be the H2 and Toyota is the Synthetic fuel

Anyway, we need to know the car dimensions, engines and see it better before the final feedback,

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Headlights are shared with bz models i'm saying the previous crown looked better and different all companies are trying to make slimmer headlights but they don't always work out the best

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Ali, bro, I am thinking you just hate it for nothing, from my view it's better for crown to have Mirai vibes, maybe the next Mirai will be under Crown sub brand

It's definitely not the same headlights of Corolla or Camry or any other Toyota, it's more like a revised Mirai with ICE instead of H2

We don't know what the top guys are thinking but if they're turning Lexus to EV maybe they wanted Crown as a brand by time to be the H2 and Toyota is the Synthetic fuel

Anyway, we need to know the car dimensions, engines and see it better before the final feedback,
I really love the mirai it would need to be a bit different but i am still waiting for tomorrow since all unofficial images had it's rear quarter proportions wrong and just that has made a huge difference here and just make it look that much better

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
It's not ugly but it also doesn't look special. Almost all past Crowns have looked, imo, rather executive and imposing in some ways.
Yea, this car doesn't have that executive upscale look to it. Maybe they will keep the current S220 with the Crown Crossover coupe thing.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
I like it (at least from this angle). There is a reverse-looking family resemblance, in the shape of the grille. There is also a forward-looking resemblance, with the slim headlights and "eyelids" (that may be body-coloured or contrasting 2-tone, with the hood) that resembles the bX and RX (and how the hood may be in a contrasting colour); I don't think it reuses the headlights from the bX, but so what?

As for the black wheelwell cladding, that has become the uniform of the crossover -- all new crossovers seem to require it as a sign to the buyer: "I am a crossover". At least it is not as bad as on the bZ4X. And, with luck, there will be a trim level in which the cladding comes in body colour.