5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

Nights

Fan
Reactions
We took delivery of a 500h last weekend; wife is very pleased with her new car (as are the kids). Interesting there were quite a few ordered in the new copper colour; dealer said that white and copper were the most popular colours so far in the RX.

RAL

Reactions
We took delivery of a 500h last weekend; wife is very pleased with her new car (as are the kids). Interesting there were quite a few ordered in the new copper colour; dealer said that white and copper were the most popular colours so far in the RX.
Congratulations! ... happy trails

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Congrats! I like the copper color myself, and it seems to be trendy right now, so good job Lexus in anticipating that.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Congratulations I hope you’re happy with your purchase.

Reactions
So today I went to the local dealer because the new RX finally arrived. It was an RX450h+ and I'm not impressed at all. I drive a previous gen, pre-facelift RX450h and I think it's simply better.
The first impression was rather mixed, I like the front and I really love the rear, but the car seems smaller and overall, the design is less striking.
The powertrain felt good at lower speeds, but when I got out on the highway, it immediately became insufficient (battery had a rather low charge).
Interior quality is good, -although not outstanding and definitely not miles better than the outgoing model- but it somehow felt cheaper and bland, something I was definitely not expecting. (It was a base Elegance trim so higher trims might be better on that front.) Another thing I was definitely not expecting was the tire and wind noise. I don't know what kind of tyres the test car had, but it definitely felt louder and at around 115 km/h (around 70mph) a very obvious noise coming from the side mirrors became audible.
Ride quality was definitely improved though, it's a lot smoother than my current car, but overall, I was expecting a lot more.
Also, the 95,000 USD price tag didn't help either.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Been seeing a lot of these. The rear end is way too plain. I know what theyre going for it but just looks half baked to me. The front is growing on me.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

No, it’s not a hot hatch. The Lexus RX 500h F Sport is plenty warm - like molten copper, perhaps? - but drives exactly as one would expect a Lexus RX should. I’m not sold on the steering wheel controls, but it’s otherwise yet another winner from the Lexus hit factory.

Reactions
RX buyers, do you genuinely think the new RX is an upgrade over the previous version? It has the new UI system, which seems like a huge improvement and I think overall it looks slightly better on the exterior, but not that much since it's evolutionary. But the interior material choices and engine lineup (except for the top plug in/500h) are objectively not improved in terms of performance, NVH, smoothness, etc.

If I am wrong about these, I would love to hear more

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
I think the interior material choices are pretty good, especially the suede on the door panel and the side of the seat

Nights

Fan
Reactions
RX buyers, do you genuinely think the new RX is an upgrade over the previous version? It has the new UI system, which seems like a huge improvement and I think overall it looks slightly better on the exterior, but not that much since it's evolutionary. But the interior material choices and engine lineup (except for the top plug in/500h) are objectively not improved in terms of performance, NVH, smoothness, etc.

If I am wrong about these, I would love to hear more

From my wife’s perspective, she’s found the new one to be an improvement over the previous gen in terms of material and finishes. Tech is clearly improved. Ride is a little firmer given the wheels. Handling is much improved in her opinion, with much better body control on the latest model.

She’s gone from a previous gen rx450 to the current rx500.

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
From my wife’s perspective, she’s found the new one to be an improvement over the previous gen in terms of material and finishes. Tech is clearly improved. Ride is a little firmer given the wheels. Handling is much improved in her opinion, with much better body control on the latest model.

She’s gone from a previous gen rx450 to the current rx500.
how about the fuel economy?

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Lexus may not have delivered on the outright "Performance" aspect of the RX500h F Sport's moniker, but it produced a product that will simultaneously feel familiar and significantly upgraded to RX loyalists. And shoppers new to the brand should be satisfied with this luxury SUV that deftly blends comfort, driving engagement, and efficiency. The 2023 Lexus RX500h Direct4 F Sport Performance isn't just poised to be a fan favorite, it's in a good position to win fresh followers as well.