2022 Honda Civic

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Lol do they really think someone not in their right mind was going to pay 100K for a civic.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Can’t trust Honda fanboy youtubers…he’s owned 14…..comments are killing what looks like a paid ad.

53k for a Civic… I paid 45k for my GS 400 in 2000…wild. (i know inflation blah blah blah)

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Can’t trust Honda fanboy youtubers…he’s owned 14…..comments are killing what looks like a paid ad.

53k for a Civic… I paid 45k for my GS 400 in 2000…wild. (i know inflation blah blah blah)
Back then he said he was pretty done with how Hondas these days have become, but now all of a sudden he pulls a 180, bought the new CTR at a ridiculous price and is now jizzing over it even though in his past videos he openly states he is against paying for markups lol. If this video ain't him shilling I don't know what is. At 53k, one might as well buy a 3.0 Supra instead.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions

GS2 the best car ever made man! Was worth every penny. What a momentum for a whole premium midsize market at the time! God I hate living in the past but look where we are now. Honestly as soon as I saw GS3 I knew it was over, something was just missing couldn't tell you what. I was young back then and I was thinking Lexus got lazy while in reality managment has put the handcuffs on the GS development team.

Anyway OG GS450h is still the fastest Lexus hybrid to date, faster than FL5 Type R from the line. Sedan made 15 years ago.

mikeavelli

Reactions
GS2 the best car ever made man! Was worth every penny. What a momentum for a whole premium midsize market at the time! God I hate living in the past but look where we are now. Honestly as soon as I saw GS3 I knew it was over, something was just missing couldn't tell you what. I was young back then and I was thinking Lexus got lazy while in reality managment has put the handcuffs on the GS development team.

Anyway OG GS450h is still the fastest Lexus hybrid to date, faster than FL5 Type R from the line. Sedan made 15 years ago.

Don’t get me started on the GS. A serious sore spot with way too many of us on what could have been. 😔

mikeavelli

Reactions
Back then he said he was pretty done with how Hondas these days have become, but now all of a sudden he pulls a 180, bought the new CTR at a ridiculous price and is now jizzing over it even though in his past videos he openly states he is against paying for markups lol. If this video ain't him shilling I don't know what is. At 53k, one might as well buy a 3.0 Supra instead.

Yeah the comments see it plain as day. I mean part it it seems like a dealership commercial.

Reactions
Yeah the comments see it plain as day. I mean part it it seems like a dealership commercial.

That's because it is. I didn't watch the video but apparently the dealer manager was like "we don't do markups" but recanted later in the video. Because they're known for doing markups by the boatload.

They sold it to Mark only with MSRP.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s sad really.. every thing they make copied the civic interior. Their only interesting and best performing car is a civic. The only honda or acura sold in the usa made in japan is the civic type r. Now it’s replacing a nsx as a sedan to race lol.

How utterly lame and boring. Their flagship is a Civic lol.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
They can't be serious? Right?

The car that will replace NSX-GT in GT500 category is four door Civic.

Honestly when I heard they were releasing the next gen Super GT car, I thought.. hmm maybe they'll finally have a modern S2000 successor!

Honda literally does ANYTHING to not make a damn sports car.. going as far as saying the Civic Type R is the homologated sports car for Super GT.. come the **** on! So sad.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly when I heard they were releasing the next gen Super GT car, I thought.. hmm maybe they'll finally have a modern S2000 successor!

Honda literally does ANYTHING to not make a damn sports car.. going as far as saying the Civic Type R is the homologated sports car for Super GT.. come the **** on! So sad.

It’s hilarious. Civic is the flagship for both brands. It’s crazy Acura still doesn’t exist in Japan. Only the Civic becomes an Acura. Toyota doesn’t do that with the Corolla, nor Infiniti with the Sentra or Toyota with the Corolla.

A new S2000 done right would light people on fire!

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It’s sad really.. every thing they make copied the civic interior. Their only interesting and best performing car is a civic.

All this screams is MAJOR cost cutting at Honda. Removing entry level trim for the Civic. Removing hi-po Accord options. Shared general interior across Civic, HRV, CRV, Accord, Integra.. and to a certain extent the Pilot as well. Not to mention all of their major EV projects are with either GM or Sony. Things aren't doing well I think for them.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Toyota had plans to make new Prius Prime a GT300 competitor but someone at Toyota had sense and put stop to it. Instead new Toyota GT300 challanger will be Lexus LC500h with a V8 engine. LC is back in SUPER GT finally. If we are going to nitpick LC should have remained GT500 instead of current GR Supra.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Toyota had plans to make new Prius Prime a GT300 competitor but someone at Toyota had sense and put stop to it. Instead new Toyota GT300 challanger will be Lexus LC500h with a V8 engine. LC is back in SUPER GT finally. If we are going to nitpick LC should have remained GT500 instead of current GR Supra.

Cmon not even close. Replacing the LC with Supra is understandable. Both RWD coupes and the Supra is much more a sports car. Replacing a NSX with a 4 door Civic? That is beyond lame.

It would be like the LC 500 being replaced by a Corolla in Super GT.