Lexus Enform going away in 2022- Angry

Reactions
GOHUSKERS,
I would be very interested in this assuming it will work for a 2017 RX450h? Could you please give me any extra details to put me at ease regarding installation, I'd be very appreciative. I assume my wife's RX is the same as any other Lexus that only had Enform to use remote start. I live in MN and my wife is NOT happy to say the least. Many thanks my man!!

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
I've responded to all the PMs with a quick 2-minutes notes. if you're installing for '16-'19 RX or '14 - '19 GX then I can walk you through from my memory (it's that easy). For other models you just have to follow the installation videos but almost all Toyota and Lexus with Push Start Button use the same methodology.

Reactions
GOHUSKERS,
I would be very interested in this assuming it will work for a 2017 RX450h? Could you please give me any extra details to put me at ease regarding installation, I'd be very appreciative. I assume my wife's RX is the same as any other Lexus that only had Enform to use remote start. I live in MN and my wife is NOT happy to say the least. Many thanks my man!!
I ended up buying the Compustar remote starter from Best Buy a few weeks back for my NX. It's on an early black Friday deal for $229 - total with their team installing is about $350. I'm having it installed in about 3 weeks or so....so that's also another option 👌🏼

Reactions
You are over-reacting. It is not completely Lexus' fault that your vehicle's Enform services are being phased out.

Your Enform services run on a 3G cellular network. As the letter says, more and more cellular providers are dropping 3G networks (to evolve and support 4G and new 5G networks). As more 3G networks are phased out, Lexus will not be able to offer your particular Enform services nation-wide; and in the foreseeable future, as 5G networks become the norm, 3G networks will likely be dropped altogether, by all providers.

Instead of having your knee-jerk reaction kick a dent in your beloved Lexus, have you researched what options there are to continue with similar services in 2 years time (October 31, 2022), when the cancellation becomes effective? The cancellation is NOT immediate, so you still have time to find another service. Perhaps Lexus itself will offer something.
Over-reacting?
So can Lexus refund my money for those features?

Key fob remote start is tied to the paid wireless services too. So no remote key fob start either.

Why Lexus installed 3G module with no update alternative in a 2016 vehicle?
4G was available in 2009!

The 5GTF work helped accelerate the release of the 3GPP 5G New Radio (NR) standard in December of 2017. On April 3, 2019, was introduced 5G mobile service in parts of Chicago and Minneapolis. Some Lexus 2018 vehicles also have 3G modules.
Here's where the outdated Lexus design comes in and bites us in the but again! Yeah don't change something that works is how most people defend the brand for the outdated look and feel, but the tech is old and outdated too!

Back to 3G wireless - many automakers offered services like the Lexus Enform suite. Some, like Lexus, chose to wind them down as 3G networks disappeared.

Others upgraded older cars to 4G and 5G networks.

General Motors, for instance, upgraded many cars through over-the-air software updates to OnStar-equipped vehicles, which should keep most vehicles connected.

Early 2010s Subaru vehicles require a physical upgrade to keep their STARLINK system operating. Subaru dealers install the upgrade for free.

Most Teslas currently on the road are already equipped with more modern systems. But some Model S cars built before 2015 still use a 3G connection. Tesla sells an upgrade to keep those cars up to date but requires owners to pay for installation.

Where's Lexus' solution?
That just devalued super-expensive vehicle tech that's now useless...

For you maybe those safety features don't matter or you don't want to pay, whatever the case, but for me they do!

I for sure am with SLADEROBERT! I won't be buying another Lexus.

Reactions
You are over-reacting. It is not completely Lexus' fault that your vehicle's Enform services are being phased out.

Your Enform services run on a 3G cellular network. As the letter says, more and more cellular providers are dropping 3G networks (to evolve and support 4G and new 5G networks). As more 3G networks are phased out, Lexus will not be able to offer your particular Enform services nation-wide; and in the foreseeable future, as 5G networks become the norm, 3G networks will likely be dropped altogether, by all providers.

Instead of having your knee-jerk reaction kick a dent in your beloved Lexus, have you researched what options there are to continue with similar services in 2 years time (October 31, 2022), when the cancellation becomes effective? The cancellation is NOT immediate, so you still have time to find another service. Perhaps Lexus itself will offer something.
Serously? It's not like they haven't had time and all of a sudden the carriers decided to just cut off 3G. They have been aware of this issue for two years and have done NOTHING at all to even try and figure out a solution. You know what the solution is? Yeah spend several hundred dollars on an aftermarket system that needs to be installed so that you can get remote start back. You will also lose all the other services that came along with it. It is complete BS. I have a 2017 ES350 with about 35K miles on it. Now I am stuck debating which system I want to put in my car so I won't have to carry ANOTHER key fob just to start the car. The ones that use the app are at least $100 more just for the system. Is Lexus going to offer something like that? Nah, just buy a new one with an updated cell antenna so we can sell you our subscription "service". I would expect more from such a huge company other than just leaving your legacy owners in the dust. Do better Lexus.

Reactions
I ended up buying the Compustar remote starter from Best Buy a few weeks back for my NX. It's on an early black Friday deal for $229 - total with their team installing is about $350. I'm having it installed in about 3 weeks or so....so that's also another option 👌🏼
Only bad thing with installing a third party remote start is it voids your warranty if you have one which I do! This is crap. My daughter worked at corporate office and told me that and my son in law works at corporate office for Toyota. So not only does this luxury company turning us to a third party which is total crap, but they don’t tell you it voids warranty. But for those of us that live in Chicago try going out in minus degree weather and not having any way to warm up your vehicle. Pisses me off

Reactions
I am in the same boat as MIMI5 - I would get a remote starter installed but I am concerned wit the warranty - something that is of significant cost/value.

Reactions
Amazing. months and months have gone by with NO SOLUTION in sight and it is very apparent that Lexus just wants to sell you a new vehicle to get the new features that it KNEW were going away. This is nothing more than an underhanded sales tactic. Shame on you Lexus.

Reactions
I agree!!! I’m done with this so called high end company!!!! We shouldn’t have to go without because they can’t keep they technology up to date!!! That’s crap.