Lexus LX Lexus Enform going away in 2022- Angry

Reaction score
I just received a letter informing me that Lexus is doing away with all 3g Enform services in 2022. This includes remote start, safety, destination, and road side services. I’m pissed. A 100K vehicle and they’re just going to delete a major feature of the vehicle? This is absolutely asinine. I won’t be buying another Lexus ever. It’s a service that I pay $300 for and I use it.1CBBB1A0-DBE4-4321-8094-A12C95591C81.jpeg

Sulu

Follower
Reaction score
You are over-reacting. It is not completely Lexus' fault that your vehicle's Enform services are being phased out.

As wireless technology continues lo evolve, telecommunications providers in North America are making significant changes to their legacy communications infrastructures and network capabilities. Certain telecommunication providers have elected to terminate 3G wireless services which will impact available services for motor vehicles.
Your Enform services run on a 3G cellular network. As the letter says, more and more cellular providers are dropping 3G networks (to evolve and support 4G and new 5G networks). As more 3G networks are phased out, Lexus will not be able to offer your particular Enform services nation-wide; and in the foreseeable future, as 5G networks become the norm, 3G networks will likely be dropped altogether, by all providers.

Instead of having your knee-jerk reaction kick a dent in your beloved Lexus, have you researched what options there are to continue with similar services in 2 years time (October 31, 2022), when the cancellation becomes effective? The cancellation is NOT immediate, so you still have time to find another service. Perhaps Lexus itself will offer something.

mikeavelli

Connoisseur
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, this is on the wireless end canceling 3G. Such is technology today..

Reaction score
You are over-reacting. It is not completely Lexus' fault that your vehicle's Enform services are being phased out.

Your Enform services run on a 3G cellular network. As the letter says, more and more cellular providers are dropping 3G networks (to evolve and support 4G and new 5G networks). As more 3G networks are phased out, Lexus will not be able to offer your particular Enform services nation-wide; and in the foreseeable future, as 5G networks become the norm, 3G networks will likely be dropped altogether, by all providers.

Instead of having your knee-jerk reaction kick a dent in your beloved Lexus, have you researched what options there are to continue with similar services in 2 years time (October 31, 2022), when the cancellation becomes effective? The cancellation is NOT immediate, so you still have time to find another service. Perhaps Lexus itself will offer something.
I wouldn't say our anger is an overreaction. Lexus has known for several years that the networks were moving towards 5G. Any technology geek (which Lexus employs quite a few) would know that as new technology is introduced, old technology must go by the wayside. To have a 2017 vehicle not even be equipped with at least 4G is negligent. We paid thousands $$ more for this technology in our sticker price, and now our vehicles will probably be devalued by thousands $$ upon trade-in.

Rydo

Follower
Reaction score
Lexus has known for several years that the networks were moving towards 5G.
This was my thought immediately as I read your post - Lexus were/are still putting 3G chipsets into a 2017. Oh my god, that is just...unforgivable.

But then it is Lexus as we all know their navigation experience is a mile behind competition.

I bet in Japan, where they have a system that rivals Mercedes MBUX, there won't be this issue.