12th Generation E120 Toyota Corolla Thread (Hatch, Sedan, Cross, GR)

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Still wish they did better with the rear fender treatment. Everything looks so good, until it comes to that tacked on piece on the rear door, instead of molding it in.

Reactions: MrT

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions

You're more likely to get a better deal on a pre-owned QF than a GR C at this point since you know dealers are going to trying out dealer each other with those adjustments
You're probably right which saddens me. But at the same time I'm a sucker for the Giulia so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if I get that chance lol
Either way seeing the ADMs on most of these new cars has me like this-

Attachments

• 6C1A24A3-BD57-4C31-95D1-B0D247EA9758.jpeg
    6C1A24A3-BD57-4C31-95D1-B0D247EA9758.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5

Motor

Expert
Reactions

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
A lap time of 1:14.66 around TH's test track is pretty damn good, considering that their track was cold, slightly damp and covered in goose poop🤣, and the GRC is running on just Pilot Sport 4 tires, not the 4S or the other tires of the same category, unlike its main competitors. The Continental SC6 tires on the FK8 belong in a category higher than the PS4 in terms of performance, and are much grippier and sharper than the PS4. Being able to be competitive while running on less grippy tires shows how good the GRC's chassis is, it also means there are plenty room left for Toyota to easily improve its on track performance to keep it competitive against any upcoming competitors.

Reactions
Either way seeing the ADMs on most of these new cars has me like this-
Beyond the Toyota GR Supra, the upcoming 2023 Toyota GR Corolla has to be one of the most highly awaited performance vehicles from the Japanese automaker. The hot hatchback is America’s consolation prize for not getting the GR Yaris. Toyota recently announced pricing for the GR Corolla, and it’s not exactly cheap with a price that ranges from $36,995 (with destination) up to $50,995. Furthermore, it looks like dealerships are planning to place markups on the hatchback, making it even more expensive.

The kind folks at GR Corolla Forum have gone out of their way to compile a list of Toyota dealerships that offer vehicles at MSRP and others that will be placing a markup on the 2023 GR Corolla. At the moment, the forum has roughly 27 dealerships across the country that sell Toyota’s at MSRP and 33 that tend to have a history of marking up cars or are planning to add a markup to the GR Corolla. For clarification, dealers with a markup of under $1,000, some of which hide these as must-have packages, are considered to be an MSRP dealer. Anything over $2,000 is a dealer under the markup category.

A few forum members went above and beyond to create a GR Corolla dealer spreadsheet outlining the different dealerships and the expected price of the markup for the hatchback. Most dealers appear to be offering a markup of around $5,000. Quite a few dealerships have an expected markup of over $10,000, though Ramsey Toyota in New Jersey takes first place with the highest markup of $20,000 to $25,000 for the Circuit trim.

We contacted Sparks Toyota in South Carolina to get some information on its markup for the 2023 GR Corolla. The dealer is allegedly charging a $20,000 markup based on a post in the forum thread. The salesperson we spoke with wasn’t able to confirm if the GR Corolla would actually have a markup that high when it goes on sale.

In an ideal, just world, markups wouldn’t exist. But they do. The best way to avoid a markup, is to order a vehicle or purchase a car from a dealership that sells cars at MSRP. Thanks to GR Corolla Forum, consumers looking to avoid a markup on the hot hatchback can do so by using the forum’s list to work with an MSRP dealer. It might require some travel, but going to a different state to purchase a car could be the best way to save money.

We expect to see more insane markups on the 2023 Toyota GR Corolla shortly as forum members get more information on dealerships that are getting ready to sell the hatchback.