Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Well, another vote of confidence as to the future of TMC's infotainment systems, they seem to be doing quite well for a first outing with a completely new system. I know there's the journos who still didn't quite like it because it wasn't iDrive (which is still a great system in its own right mind you), but it seems very intuitive, and stable.

Reactions

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
Has anyone had a chance to drive or seen a review of the NX 250? I'm curious how it drives compared to the rav4.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Mostly say little more atheletic than the RAV4 but not X3, GLC, Q5, XC60, F pace yet
Even steering is precise as them, but little more body roll than them

If I find this article I will pass it here

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m in a 50k NX 350 AWD now. Obviously I’ve driven it before but not in real world conditions. I had a Corolla Cross right before this. Key take aways
- Feels substantially upgraded over the last gen. The interior is a huge step up in feel and materials before we talk tech.
- 14” screen. What a huge difference than the last gen
- Even on 20” wheels it rides better than the last one on 18”
- front end is way better. Rear seems pinched tho. Nice wide hips.
- this isn’t fully loaded and loving the usb-c front and rear with a usb-a and wireless. Sometimes I use 3 phones (I know I know) and today this came is handy.
-nice ride. Steering here is light in the non F SPORT which is fine for this car.
- the family noticed the better interior room. Cargo space is better and obvious.
things I’m meh about
- acceleration feels better but still feels adequate. Maybe needs a break in (only 500 miles)
- the tech seems to get in my way sometimes. I guess I need to get used to it. My family not used to the new way to get in and out. Getting out seems more of an issue. Not a fan of the auto stop and start. Noticed some iPhone slowness connected to the lexus interface
-this isn’t an F Sport and it looks nice but not IS beautiful

68196FDF-0BBB-407B-975F-26D0CA1F2F31.jpeg68196FDF-0BBB-407B-975F-26D0CA1F2F31.jpegB123054D-C802-405A-83DC-B78E9C9DE8F2.jpegF54B947F-22ED-4449-B10D-95CBA2FA0688.jpegBC2C3EF5-92DE-437A-8D0A-45DB128F2FCD.jpeg78CE9027-01BD-4035-8565-8BED47BD7A73.jpeg91A97C7D-8F73-4A27-9F3B-0CBAB15ADC67.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
driving IS 500/RC F, could you just be spoiled?

same engined ES 350 AWD could make me forget IS/GS.

I was mainly driving a Corolla Cross the week or so before. It’s substantially faster than that so I think my reference point is good. When I drive or review cars I don’t judge them against cars or expectations they don’t compete against. The 4 cylinder turbo 4 always looks more powerful on paper to me. Again the car is new so might need more of a break in. It certainly isn’t slow but it also didn’t surprise me. Thus the general “okay” feeling.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mazda CX-60 Interior Teased, Rear-Wheel-Drive Platform Confirmed

Inline 6 + RWD confirmed. Mazda is starting to match the Germans while the NX......is still in its comfort zone :sleep:
I think you mean whatever Cadillac and aCuRa is doing. Let’s not forget the NX offers the 450h+ which no one has an answer for.
I commend Mazda here. Definitely separates them into the sportier camps.
Edit- didn’t realize this will also be a PHEV. Interesting!

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I'll have to check mine, but they didn't offer me any additional customization like that I think.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I don’t know why he always hate Lexus…
1st yr packaging is always weird for car companies. I bet his options concerns will be addressed slowly in upcoming MYs

That being said, him owning a R4Prime really comes into focus throughout the review for better or worse.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
I don’t know why he always hate Lexus…
Sofyan used to be my go-to for car reviews a couple of years ago, but I think he's reached a level of success where he has become entitled evident by him complaining Lexus didn't send him a version with all the best options. Some of his complaints are valid, but he consistently overlooks the same issues with Honda and Acura. With car YouTubers, I feel like I'll get attached to a couple, watch their reviews for a couple of years, and then cycle to a newer car reviewer that is still in a phase that they can still appreciate the base models. My favorite reviewers currently are Driving Sports TV and TheTopher.