CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Timelines to delivery are like Q1 slipping optimistically it seems like.

brutal.

Will1991

Reactions
I went to a Lexus dealer this weekend, and it's expected to go something like this for Portugal:
- Mid December to receive some units to display
- Mid January to get first units to perform test-drives
- Costumer deliveries for March / April

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
They need to start bringing more mid, higher end products to remind people that they are still the tier 1 luxury brand to compete with the Germans. For instance, F-product line just like how they promised not too long ago, or luxury four-door coupe / RWD based SUV. Until then, Lexus remains more of a value brand with a range of FWD cars and low maintenance costs.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I agree with SG, while it fails to bowl over media journalists and true performance enthusiasts who have sat in the competition, it will impress paying customers; and at the end of the days that all that matters.

Lexus core demo are more impressed with the show and the lease value then 0-60 times

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Media journalists are not the target audience for the NX. Media journalists (especially American ones, in my opinion) have but one obsession -- zoom-zoom-vroom-vroom.

I was surprised, though, about how well they talked about the "cruiser" Lexus ES.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
For Portugal, due to different taxations, there’s only a 2.000€ difference between the 350h and 450h+!

Reactions
Has anyone been able to get more info on the “new” awd system specifically on the 350? I know it’s not going to get the dynamic torque vectoring like the RAV4 (this still boggles my mind!!!) but Is it able to use brake torque vectoring to improve on road / off road performance by transferring power from side to side? If so what % of power can be distributed?

Reactions
NX 250 has the Dynamic Torque Control AWD System which the AWD system has a constantly variable front/rear driving force distribution ranging from 100:0 to 50:50

NX350 has a new Electronically Controlled Full-Time All-Wheel Drive (AWD) more information on this link: AWD Link
The electronically controlled full-time AWD constantly varies the front/rear driving force distribution from 75:25 to 50:50 (depending on situation), and uses unique technology to achieve both an optimal contact patch and linear steering feel.

NX350h: AWD E-Four has a constantly variable front/rear driving force distribution from 100:0 to 20:80 percent modes.

NX450h+: AWD (E-FOUR) with constantly variable front-to-rear torque distribution between 100:0 and 20:80 percent modes.

Does not look like there is side to side distribution. I guess they don't think you will heavily bring the NX off-roading.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It is quite disappointing that the NX 350 has an AWD system that debuted in 2013 whereas the RAV4 and Highlander get a better torque vectoring system as of 2018. Yes, the "full time AWD" system on the NX is supposed to be better but it seems the tech is actually old(er) school than some of the newer Toyota products.

Full time dynamic torque vectoring AWD would be really great.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The "new" AWD system on NX350 is just DTC that is constantly engaged and strengthened to handle the extra heat. It can also be viewed as the GR-Four system without rear-axle overspeed gearing. All three are variations of the Haldex-style AWD which is what everyone else is using for transverse systems.

As the Toyota club post mentioned, the DTV system is unreliable and cannot operate in full-time AWD mode. It remains unclear whether Toyota will improve it for use on more vehicles or just leave it as is.

Brake torque vectoring is a standard part of VSC and ACA. So almost every TNGA product now has this functionality.