2022 Honda Civic

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Civic is a whopping 184 inches long. As long as an IS. It’s massive. What people really don’t understand is Honda is pretty American at this point. So those small quirky car days are gone. It’s about big and wide. The Accord is huge and so are the Pilot etc..

The HR-V is really the only JDM inspired product they sell.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I didn't know these were for sale already... or are they? I went up to my parents house this weekend (Father's Day) and their neighbor had one parked in the driveway. Silver. The car is very bland looking... I thought it was an Accord but figured something was off by the tail lights.

Reactions
I didn't know these were for sale already... or are they? I went up to my parents house this weekend (Father's Day) and their neighbor had one parked in the driveway. Silver. The car is very bland looking... I thought it was an Accord but figured something was off by the tail lights.
They're out...some YTers are filming the ones at the dealers, not just the ones handed to the press. I spotted two on the road over the weekend. TBH, I only care what the Si and Type R will be. They're bland looking outside (I actually think the interior is a big improvement ergonomically), but its out for the appliance buying public.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The Civic is a whopping 184 inches long. As long as an IS. It’s massive. What people really don’t understand is Honda is pretty American at this point. So those small quirky car days are gone. It’s about big and wide. The Accord is huge and so are the Pilot etc..

The HR-V is really the only JDM inspired product they sell.
Most people in my country still think the 10th gen Civic is some godsend from Japan lmao, they don't even know most of Honda's global models are now developed by Honda's US division, if I'm not mistaken the 8th gen FD Civic sedan is probably the last Civic developed by Honda Japan. Kinda sad that all Honda Japan does right now is develop tiny econoboxes and MPVs tailor made for their home market and compact crossovers, S660 will be discontinued in March 2022 without any successor.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
This Civic is almost as large as the Allion. It's no longer a compact sedan but firmly midsize.
Is it large enough inside to be classified as a mid-size sedan or is it all bulk on the outside.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
that is not a hatchback, but a fastback, a cheap Honda Panamera.
Agreed, that is absolutely a fastback.

I wouldn't say the exterior is ugly (in the rear three-quarter view it looks a bit like a shrunken Nissan Z, which is a plus for Honda) but it's super generic. Gecko noted yesterday in another context that a lot of recent cars look like they threw a set of trendy styling cues into a blender, and this is that same thing again.

On the plus side, the interior punches well above its class. The dashboard gives me 5LS vibes, which I wasn't expecting.

mikeavelli

Reactions
that is not a hatchback, but a fastback, a cheap Honda Panamera.

It’s not fast tho.. lol

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Now this is a sporty hatchback.

Attachments

• Toyota-Corolla-XSE-Hatch-Review-gear-patrol-lead-feature.jpg
    Toyota-Corolla-XSE-Hatch-Review-gear-patrol-lead-feature.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 9

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The sides of the new Civic are so flat though, look at those fenders, no curves, no flares, no muscle, just flat and straight like a chopping board.