MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
With Supra, 86, RC, IS, and whatever else they want to cook up - MR2 resurrection, etc - Toyota has plenty of cases for their own light weight, RWD chassis. Especially if you factor in the Mazda partnership.

Makes you wonder what intellectual property they have the rights to from the Supra/Z4 platform. I know it is technically CLAR but it is still much different from the rest of CLAR cars, a quick example is the 4 cylinder Supra is front-mid engine but the 3 series is not.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Agree
Add to this that the rumour said 3.0 TT instead of the current 3.5

So maybe this 3.0 is the inline 6 of Mazda!

An alternative theory is that the rumored 3.0 TT V6 diesel will also have a gas version built on the same block like how BMW's gas and diesel engines share the same block.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0 fuel economy rating is in

epa1-jpg.31522

Motor

Expert
Reactions

1st Place: Toyota Supra 2.0
Highs: Lovely engine, eager chassis, youthful looks.
Lows: Trans tuning could use a hackathon, only two seats, even more expensive than the Ford.
Verdict: The four-cylinder BMW coupe we've dreamed of since the '90s.

2nd Place: Ford Mustang 2.3L High Performance
Highs: Manual trans, useful chassis upgrades, timeless look.
Lows: Creaky interior, engine lacks character, it costs how much?
Verdict: Ford's hi-po version of its entry-level pony is missing a few years of development.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
this made me very sad
i hope the MK6 comes soon and to be a real Supra again
“Tada San this,” “inline 6 heritage that,” and “A70 said this” aside, this is a clear example of the MKV not living up to prior Supra’s. This car doesn’t compete nearly at the same level as prior models and doesn’t represent the best Toyota’s development.

I’m very pro BMW partnership and I feel like they could have achieved those things even with the partnership.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
“Tada San this,” “inline 6 heritage that,” and “A70 said this” aside, this is a clear example of the MKV not living up to prior Supra’s. This car doesn’t compete nearly at the same level as prior models and doesn’t represent the best Toyota’s development.

I’m very pro BMW partnership and I feel like they could have achieved those things even with the partnership.
BMW is a cheap brand now, but still with high prices.

Reactions
this made me very sad
i hope the MK6 comes soon and to be a real Supra again

Well be glad that this partnership happened because codeveloping is what's giving way to Toyota building a new A100 Supra by themselves only. Realize that there would be no way that the project would be green-lit if it wasn't for BMW joining in the partnership.

It's a car with quite a few flaws I must say, but the fact that it's here, makes me so happy.