Reactions
I can't see too many people buying the 4 banger with options. $47.4k 😆🤣😆🤣😆

2021 Toyota Supra 2.0

VEHICLE TYPE
front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door hatchback

PRICE AS TESTED
$47,430 (base price: $43,945)

ENGINE TYPE
turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, direct fuel injection
Displacement
122 in3, 1998 cm3
Power
255 hp @ 6500 rpm
Torque
295 lb-ft @ 1550 rpm

TRANSMISSION
8-speed automatic

CHASSIS
Suspension (F/R): strut/multilink
Brakes (F/R): 13.0-in vented disc/13.0-in vented disc
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport, F: 255/40ZR-18 (95Y) ★ R: 275/40ZR-18 (99y) ★

DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase: 97.2 in
Length: 172.5 in
Width: 73.0 in
Height: 51.1 in
Passenger volume: 51 ft3
Cargo volume: 10 ft3
Curb weight: 3179 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 4.7 sec
100 mph: 12.1 sec
130 mph: 18.8 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 5.8 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.2 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 3.6 sec
1/4 mile: 13.3 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (C/D est): 155 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 151 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 302 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 1.02 g
Standing-start accel times omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.

EPA FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST)
Combined/city/highway: 27/24/32 mpg

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
^Yeah, it’s DOA. The 4cyl Zupra should’ve been called the Celica Supra IMO.

By Toyota's own logic, it isn't a Supra.

By Toyota's own logic, Supra's only have inline 6s.

By Toyota's own logic, that means the A90 is not a Supra.

While I do think it is most definitely a Supra, they shouldn't have forced the "it must have an inline 6" narrative down our throats while simultaneously putting something other than an inline 6 in the car. This is also the same company that was going to call the FT-HS a Supra with an N/A V6 hybrid.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
By Toyota's own logic, it isn't a Supra.

By Toyota's own logic, Supra's only have inline 6s.

By Toyota's own logic, that means the A90 is not a Supra.

I have yet to test drive it, but I’m looking forward to it one day. My local dealer says no unless I’m buying. Toyota should have called it the 96.

Reactions
Idk what y'all are thinking but people are praising the crap out of this car knowing how good it will be with a little bit of upgrades. The 2.0 Supra is a great alternative to the base Porsche 718 Cayman and the BMW Z4 30i.

Still, the lack of a LSD and a manual is idiotic and makes this car a stupid buy with only just 8 grand less than the badass GR Supra 3.0. This car reminds me of the V6 or 4-cylinder Mustang/Camaro. The six-cylinder GR Supra is an order of magnitude better in every single aspect bar weight, and it's way more fun in all the right ways. Even then, the GR Supra 3.0 is still a very light car.

Despite how meh and ridiculously overpriced the GR Supra 2.0 is (should have been at least ~4k cheaper), it is miles better than anything else that Lexus is putting out right now bar the LC and LS. Everything else Lexus offers is straight-up trash.

If the LC and LS weren't a thing then it would be Toyota > Lexus all day any day.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Idk what y'all are thinking but people are praising the crap out of this car knowing how good it will be with a little bit of upgrades. The 2.0 Supra is a great alternative to the base Porsche 718 Cayman and the BMW Z4 30i.

No one has made a single comment about how good or bad the car is, just questioning the idea of a 4 cylinder in a Supra.

Reactions
No one has made a single comment about how good or bad the car is, just questioning the idea of a 4 cylinder in a Supra.

I just said "idk what y'all are thinking" in response to how people are responding to this car on LE but it does sound negative. So there's nothing that I've said that you should be criticizing right now.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
I just said "idk what y'all are thinking" in response to how people are responding to this car on LE but it does sound negative. So there's nothing that I've said that you should be criticizing right now.
Nothing is being criticized, I’m purely clarifying

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Supra GRMN: Limited to 200 units, 520ps Monster FR of 12 million yen class!

Supra has recovered for the first time in 17 years in May 2019. Of course, it is expected that the GRMN model will be set up, but in the spring of 2020, the 3L, straight 6 turbo car drastically improved its power, and on the contrary, its existence was questioned.

However, Supra GRMN will definitely appear. Of course the base is the straight 6, 3L turbo model.

The maximum output is 520ps and the maximum torque is also increased to about 62kg. The transmission is planned to be combined with the 7-speed DCT used by BMW's current M2 and M4.

Supra GRMN, which is expected to appear at a price of 12 million yen in 2023. There is a story that it is limited to 200 units, so if you want it, let's save money now.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/190283

b0b3bd3617c964d9f35195161a670d76.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys

Do anyone of you hearing about a rumour for MR mid engine rear /all wheel drive sports car with a new 3.0 TT engine band hybrid combo to go head to head with the NSX & GT-R and slot above the Supra but below the hyper sport ???

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Guys

Do anyone of you hearing about a rumour for MR mid engine rear /all wheel drive sports car with a new 3.0 TT engine band hybrid combo to go head to head with the NSX & GT-R and slot above the Supra but below the hyper sport ???

Its just another reason why the "we had to partner with BMW because sports cars are expensive" narrative is ridiculous. While they are obviously expensive, clearly they are dedicating so much money to sports cars at this time so I don't understand why the Supra gets the short end of the stick. They squandered an opportunity to resurrect this car as a true 911 competitor and now the MR2 successor will leap frog the Supra in the lineup. Imagine if the Camaro was positioned higher than the Corvette.

Also $100,000 is far above the "Toyota money" they pitched when referring to the Supra's cost cutting.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I will believe the rumor when I see a test prototype. Then I can know it's still five years away.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions

I just found it here at best car
They are saying the same as what I heard
And they have a sketch for it, its more lambo than yota for my taste

They are saying that it will be appeared in 2025

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
With Supra, 86, RC, IS, and whatever else they want to cook up - MR2 resurrection, etc - Toyota has plenty of cases for their own light weight, RWD chassis. Especially if you factor in the Mazda partnership.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Agree
Add to this that the rumour said 3.0 TT instead of the current 3.5

So maybe this 3.0 is the inline 6 of Mazda!