supra93

Expert
Reactions

Lexus LF (scheduled to appear in June 2021)

Launch with full LS level luxury SUV!

Fully launched in the Lexus brand is the crossover SUV "LF" developed using the LS GA-L platform.

SUVs based on high-class saloons and supercars such as Porsche Cayenne, Lambo Urs, and Bentley Bentayiga are now essential genres for premium brands.

The base of LF is LS, so it's a premium crossover SUV. Like the LS, the power unit will be a hybrid with a V6, 3.5L turbo, and as a more advanced model, a newly developed V8, 4L twin turbo equipped model planned to be installed in the LS F etc. will be set as well .. The price is 15 to 20 million yen, which is also a premium!

The LF debut is planned for June next year!

20200910_SCOOOOP_LEXUS_02.jpg

Rydo

Follower
Reactions

20200910_SCOOOOP_LEXUS_02.jpg

If it looked like this and Lexus surprised us all with TTV8, I think everyone on here would be desperate to cuddle Akio and Koji!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Idk what to say I was just getting over the fact that my next car wasn't going to be a Lexus...let's see if they do the LF correct or if it will be another disappointment...we know the V8 is dead tho so let's not start that again.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
BMW is now running prototypes for the X8, which will be out next year. Mercedes is rumored to be working on a GLS coupe to rival it. Lexus has issued a number of new trademarks - RX 350h, RX 500h, TX 500h, TX 350, NX 450h+, RZ 450e, etc. Dec 5 (3 days ago) was 3 years since we saw the LF-1 Limitless concept, and in that time, we've had almost nothing to go on with spy shots or rumors. The world has continued to move forward and it seems to me that the LF-1 has been left behind, and perhaps that makes sense. Looking at Lexus' future with new AWD systems, Direct4, bigger batteries for hybrids, eTNGA and more, I think it's possible that the LF-1 has been squeezed out of the portfolio.

My personal opinion is that an all-new 2 row, upgraded RX, all-new 3 row TX CUV, new GX, new LX and then RZ as speculated to be a midsize CUV coupe have probably not left a space in the lineup for the LF-1. If anything, I think the RZ will take a lot of cues from the LF-1 and come to market as a premium product, but under the midsize "R" name instead of "L" for flagship as we have expected.

With no trademark filings and no prototypes, I think it is hard to see how anything will come of the LF-1 as it was originally shown and as we expected. COVID is not really much of an excuse - every other automaker, Toyota included, has been pumping out new models at an incredible rate.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Well @Gecko that just sucks. Every time I try to be like yes I will give Lexus a chance next year I feel like they just say blah don’t care...maybe it’s time to just not care anymore

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Back in 2017 Lexus envisioned the LF-1 as their future flagship. Three years later the vision has become LF-30. A lot happened in that time period.

With the recent announcement of all their electrification technology, it should be very clear what they originally planned with LF-1 does not fit in their future plans.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Back in 2017 Lexus envisioned the LF-1 as their future flagship. Three years later the vision has become LF-30. A lot happened in that time period.

With the recent announcement of all their electrification technology, it should be very clear what they originally planned with LF-1 does not fit in their future plans.

Are we sure the LF-30 is a flagship vehicle? I never saw it referenced as such when revealed and it seems.... small and ugly?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Are we sure the LF-30 is a flagship vehicle? I never saw it referenced as such when revealed and it seems.... small and ugly?
It's 5.2m long and weighs 2400kg with 400kW of power and 500km range. Yes these are flagship specs.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Gecko, I still believe that the LF-1 will be the next generation GX

RZ is not a coupe CUV, it will be more like the HPX / LFX high estate

Last edited:

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
LF-1 as RWD flagship SUV is probably dead because Lexus is done with GA-L. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything above RX when it comes to RWD crossovers in any near future. They might do few RWD BEV CUVs instead. They haven't had X5/GLE/RRS competitor all these decades and they for sure won't have one now. They've filled that spot with Prado to GX reskin and it kind of worked out for them.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
LF-1 as RWD flagship SUV is probably dead because Lexus is done with GA-L. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything above RX when it comes to RWD crossovers in any near future. They might do few RWD BEV CUVs instead. They haven't had X5/GLE/RRS competitor all these decades and they for sure won't have one now. They've filled that spot with Prado to GX reskin and it kind of worked out for them.

Agree. LX + GX + 3 row TX + RX + RZ = LF-1 not needed. And now with Direct4, does it make sense to keep investing in RWD/GA-L? Probably not...

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
I think this is a shame. The Lf-1 or something similar whold have kept me as a Lexus customer. Is there anything like it to hope for?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah the Murai has that option and black. The trim option color is that copper.

Considering how long it took to bring the LC, if this is coming I assume next year is right.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Is Lexus fine not competing with Levante, Cayenne, event. Bentayga, GLE, X5, Ranger Rover /Sport? RX and LX are very different products. I doubt many would crossshop between LX and LF1, if as @spwolf says LX buyers want a luxury BOF Landcruiser.

From what I see in European capital cities, Cayenne, X5, GLE and Rang Rovers are the cars at the top, and there are many, every other CUV from a social point of view if wannabe, also the RX.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree Levi the LF1 is exactly what I am looking for and as much I want to love the LX or GX it's not the sportier SUV I'm looking for and I'm truly amazed we don't have the LF1 yet...like wtf Lexus you were the leader of the SUV market what happened?