spwolf

Expert
Reactions
If the 2NX looks like a mini LF-1, and then it takes them another 1.5-2 years to actually launch the LF-1 and it comes out looking like what everyone has come to know by that time as a $40k compact crossover...

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s800-c85.jpg

.... I might really want one.

Terrible thing - NX looks awesome.

:)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-06-04-lexus-nx-next-generation.jpg

According to Japanese magazine Best Car, the next-generation Lexus NX crossover will be released in 2022 with three powertrains.
Breaking down the rumor, the next-gen NX is said to be bigger inside while maintaining roughly the same exterior proportions — the wheelbase will grow 30mm (1.18 inches) while the overall length will shrink 10mm (0.4 inches).
20-06-04-lexus-nx-rear-next-generation.jpg

Along with the same 2.5L hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains offered with the Toyota RAV4, the new NX could also get a newly developed 2.4L four-cylinder turbo with an estimated 295 horsepower and 325 lb.ft. of torque.

Continue reading...

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
6 years later and the rendering doesn't look as good as the outgoing model?

No way its going to look like that.

It is a rendering wih the LF1 back and some weird snout in the front. I hope it doesnt look like the actual NX

Reactions
nx350h. why buy a hybrid... cheaper to run right? . then don't buy this Lexus because it fails miserably. consumption at 7.6 litres gasoline to 100km is very high these days. Any other car gives lower consumption. e.g. The top of the range Mercedes SUV gives 5.2 ltr/100 km and its massive. MUCH faster and more comfortable and quieter ... and its diesel ! The NX has the added expensive addition of a battery which serves absolutely no useful purpose and will cost a fortune to replace.
Navigation system stalled is HORRIBLE. Inaccurate, and difficult to use, in fact so bad that Lexus embarrassingly are offering to UPgrade it to free Google maps. However Lexus in Europe are so disorganised that they cant supply the upgrade until October . maybe , and then its a cheapo connect your smartphone via a messy USB cable to make it work. Would i buy or recommend Lexus . ABSOLUTELY NOT.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
nx350h. why buy a hybrid... cheaper to run right? . then don't buy this Lexus because it fails miserably. consumption at 7.6 litres gasoline to 100km is very high these days. Any other car gives lower consumption. e.g. The top of the range Mercedes SUV gives 5.2 ltr/100 km and its massive. MUCH faster and more comfortable and quieter ... and its diesel ! The NX has the added expensive addition of a battery which serves absolutely no useful purpose and will cost a fortune to replace.
Navigation system stalled is HORRIBLE. Inaccurate, and difficult to use, in fact so bad that Lexus embarrassingly are offering to UPgrade it to free Google maps. However Lexus in Europe are so disorganised that they cant supply the upgrade until October . maybe , and then its a cheapo connect your smartphone via a messy USB cable to make it work. Would i buy or recommend Lexus . ABSOLUTELY NOT.

What top of the line Mercedes are you comparing to the NX if you don't mind me asking?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

You are referring to the current gen NX300h, with the outdated hybrid system. Sorry to hear your struggles. Next generation will surely be better.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly guys
With full truth we all knew that this NX was Dead from beginning

With the current new gen of both RAV4 & Venza and with new gen of all of its competitors , the NX already facing termination of the next generation will be Evolution of the current, they need to revolution not evolution

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Honestly guys
With full truth we all knew that this NX was Dead from beginning

With the current new gen of both RAV4 & Venza and with new gen of all of its competitors , the NX already facing termination of the next generation will be Evolution of the current, they need to revolution not evolution

This may be surprising coming from me, but I have a hunch the 2NX is going to be awesome and just as big of a leap over the 1NX as the 5th gen RAV4 was over the 4th gen. Especially with the Venza and RAV, I think Lexus knows they have to get the NX right (even if it's hard to have hope after some of their recent decisions).

If NX and RX are botched or not full-scale, 100% effort model changes, Lexus is fucked.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

LEXUS NEW NX (scheduled to appear in May 2022)
● Evolved on the latest platform that is well-established in Harrier

A little longer than RAV4 and a little shorter than Harrier. Overall width is wide and dignified (CG image of best car expected)

The main focus of the Lexus lineup enhancement is SUV for the time being, as the trend has been. The full model change of the mid-sized NX, which is a hot selling item, will be put into power.

The base is RAV4 and Harrier. The newly developed TNGA platform is highly evaluated for its safety and quietness.

According to the information currently available, the total length is 4630 mm, the total width is 1870 mm, and the total height is 1630 mm. The power train is a PHV that has been added to the 2.5L hybrid and RAV4. A 2.4L turbo is also available.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly if the RX or NX or any of them got the TNGA-K as a more unneeded luxurious vehicle, it will be dead on the first day period!

And honestly if the NX is anything on this attached rendering, it will be even more failure

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
May 2022?! Are they serious?! Lexus' 2NX seems is outdoing the 4th-gen Toyota Sienna for "most-delayed and postponed vehicle" status. When @Carmaker1 started discussing prospective new-generation launch dates, 2NX was originally set to enter production in July 2020 and go on sale 4th-quarter 2020 as MY 2021. The first delay pushed it to autumn 2021 CY on-sale as 2022 MY. Now Best Car is saying May 2022 (2023 MY)?! If true, does it also mean a delayed 5RX? 😠😡

I hope @Gecko is right and that 2NX turns out to be enough of a stunner to make the interminable delays worthwhile.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
May 2022?! Are they serious?! Lexus' 2NX seems is outdoing the 4th-gen Toyota Sienna for "most-delayed and postponed vehicle" status. When @Carmaker1 started discussing prospective new-generation launch dates, 2NX was originally set to enter production in July 2020 and go on sale 4th-quarter 2020 as MY 2021. The first delay pushed it to autumn 2021 CY on-sale as 2022 MY. Now Best Car is saying May 2022 (2023 MY)?! If true, does it also mean a delayed 5RX? 😠😡

I hope @Gecko is right and that 2NX turns out to be enough of a stunner to make the interminable delays worthwhile.

there is always something wrong... now NX is most important, we dont care about V8 and F models coming out :)

Who knows if BestCar is exactly right on timing, they are not always... for instance LX will not have old V8 either while LF gets new V8tt.

NX is car they can most afford to delay, as it is still selling like hotcakes. But again, not sure if timing info is correct.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Joaquin Ruhi , in same article it was rumoured that the V8 TT won't be killed and it will appears in at least 4 Lexus vehicles LCF, LSF!, LFF!!!, LCF

So if this part of the rumours is true, that means Lexus wanting the very high end