MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
tbh the choice of layout, suspension and x other factors have been transformed into marketing buzzwords to create a sense of need and want. Anything less is considered sacrilege by the status quo

Levi

Expert
Reactions
tbh the choice of layout, suspension and x other factors have been transformed into marketing buzzwords to create a sense of need and want. Anything less is considered sacrilege by the status quo

Maybe, but the marketing of suspension setups and engine characteristics and other technical aspects is over. Now it all is about the screens/phone integration and 'safety' tech.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Why does the hood appear out of alignment on every Supra? The gap wouldn't look so bad if the side didn't have so many body and panel lines.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
A Toyota USA Newsroom release includes this 2021 MY pricing information:

The GR Supra 2.0 (4-cylinder) grades will have an MSRP starting price of $42,990.

The 2021 GR Supra’s inline six-cylinder gets a major power boost, but with a minor price increase. The 3.0 grade starts at $50,990, up just $1,000 from MY20. The 3.0 Premium grade has an MSRP increase of just $500, with a starting price of $54,490. The A91 Edition has an MSRP starting price of $55,990, which is $740 more than the Launch Editions offered for model year 2020.

The Safety & Technology Package is new for MY21 and will be available on the 2.0 and 3.0 grades. It will cost $3,485 on the 2.0 and $3,155 on the 3.0 and include:

• Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Full speed)
  • Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Parking Sensors with Emergency Braking Function
  • Navigation
  • 12-speaker 500-watt JBL Audio System
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay® compatible (iOS only)
  • Supra Connected Services: up to four-year trial includes Remote Services, Remote Maintenance, Automatic Emergency Call, Real Time Traffic Information, Concierge, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, and Map Updates.
The Driver’s Assist Package will still be an available option on the 3.0 Premium and A91 Edition. That package costs $1,195 and includes:

• Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (Full speed)
  • Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Parking Sensors with Emergency Braking Function
https://pressroom.toyota.com/2021-t...ion-and-first-ever-four-cylinder-turbo-model/

Reactions
We know now that there was a fair amount of invisible-to-us rot inside Toyota over the last decade+ that Akio had to fix. It's likely that the only way he could get an A90 was by co-development, and it's also likely given his interest in motorsports that they're using A90 to collect data for future 100% Toyota cars once the bean counting has died down a bit.

Wild guess: maybe the rumored major changes delaying the LC F are because of coordinating it with A100 development?

Regardless, I'd love to see a hybridized V35a in the LS refresh and a bunch of other cars. It's practically the poster child engine for hybridization, given it's 100% computer-controlled and has a responsiveness hole off the line where electric motors are at their best.

You're correct by the way. The A100 Supra is supposedly in the concept and pre-production phase right now and A70TTR (the Toyota/Lexus insider) from SupraMKV.com has implied that it will either be an all Toyota project or it MAY be slightly codeveloped with Mazda. Personally, this upsets me as I prefer the BMW partnership a lot more. I think the A100 Supra should just have the BMW engine become more of a Toyota inline-six and use the ZF auto as the automatic transmission option and have essentially everything else as all Toyota.

Also this is for those who do not know, the A90 Supra will end production in 2025/2026 and the A100 Supra will be a hybrid. The Z4 will be axed forever but the Supra will live on.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly,

I prefer Mazda for 2 reasons

1) Mazda major shareholder is Toyota, so it will gain by time the Toyota Quality

2) I have no faith in any BMW engine durability after a lot of history from my friends and family members

Reactions
Honestly,

I prefer Mazda for 2 reasons

1) Mazda major shareholder is Toyota, so it will gain by time the Toyota Quality

2) I have no faith in any BMW engine durability after a lot of history from my friends and family members

The B58 is one of the most stout engines that has ever been built. Toyota ran over 700 horsepower in shakedown testing, and it also reliably pushes out 1000 horsepower too, as seen by Stephen Papadakis from Papadakis Racing in Formula Drift. BMW's inline-six engines have always been solid power units. Their V8's, V10's, and 4-cylinders? Sure, they were average at best. But their inline-six engines are their bread and butter, and the B58 is absolutely legendary.

Last edited:

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Also this is for those who do not know, the A90 Supra will end production in 2025/2026 and the A100 Supra will be a hybrid. The Z4 will be axed forever but the Supra will live on.

Does this mean that “the three brothers” might be making a comeback? I hope Toyota kills the 86 after the next generation and brings back the Celica. Looking forward to the A100!

Reactions
Does this mean that “the three brothers” might be making a comeback? I hope Toyota kills the 86 after the next generation and brings back the Celica. Looking forward to the A100!

Why should the 86 get axed though? The 86 fills in the role of the Celica. The three brothers are the Supra, 86 and MR2. Rumor has it that Toyota wants to codevelop the MR2 with Porsche. They may even make it on their own.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
From my history no single BMW passed the 40K mark

My brother got a brand new X5 in 2014 and just around 30K it started

I saw a lot of 5s / 3s in the same condition, and always need a continuous care

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Why not put a Toyota engine in the Supra? They can share platforms with whoever and I think most will be happy if the engine is Toyota's, like the Miata and Fiata.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
The B58 is one of the most stout engines that has ever been built. Toyota ran over 700 horsepower in shakedown testing, and it also reliably pushes out 1000 horsepower too, as seen by Stephen Papadakis from Papadakis Racing in Formula Drift. BMW's inline-six engines have always been solid power units. Their V8's, V10's, and 4-cylinders? Sure. But their inline-six engines are their bread and butter, and the B58 is absolutely legendary.

Their inline 6s are great, I have owned several and currently daily one. But Toyota needs to make their own changes to the motor instead of using an off the shelf version (even if they did help with the motor before it was put on the shelf) to convince people the Supra isn't just a BMW and that they have control of the production process.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
You're correct by the way. The A100 Supra is supposedly in the concept and pre-production phase right now and A70TTR (the Toyota/Lexus insider) from SupraMKV.com has implied that it will either be an all Toyota project or it MAY be slightly codeveloped with Mazda. Personally, this upsets me as I prefer the BMW partnership a lot more. I think the A100 Supra should just have the BMW engine become more of a Toyota inline-six and use the ZF auto as the automatic transmission option and have essentially everything else as all Toyota.

Does that mean A100 gets transaxle?

supra93

Expert
Reactions

T1.jpg