Status
Not open for further replies.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Any chance this will be a PHEV?

The 2021 RAV4 PHEV will do 0-100 in 5.8s. I think it only needs to lose weight, height and have torque vectoring to surpass the current IS300h performance.

Will1991

Reactions
Any chance this will be a PHEV?

The 2021 RAV4 PHEV will do 0-100 in 5.8s. I think it only needs to lose weight, height and have torque vectoring to surpass the current IS300h performance.

Current 300h performance is...well...adequate (?) for a sports sedan... 0-100km/h:
6,2seg -> RAV4 Prime
8,1seg -> RAV4 HSD AWD
8,4seg -> IS300h/Rav4 HSD 2WD
8,9seg -> LandCruiser V8 TurboDiesel/ES300h

So, a IS Prime with the exact same powertrain would be killer. This being said, I'm starting to get really curious about what's coming...

I already stated my powertrain "wish-list", but, when I think about it:
->A25A-FXS/PHEV, it's a FWD powertrain, would they made it RWD with longitudinal engine just for one car?
->8GR-FXS, it would touch the heals of the big brother (LS500h), even Crown's size it's quite bigger than the IS (GS size), would be a lot of fun a IS500h...

Hoppefully, they won't turn IS to FWD... Even this redesign/new platform debate, all option makes sense (financial/technical/offer)...

I always loved the IS, every single iteration of it, even being as old as it is I still think why I'm waiting for something better when it's so uncertain if there will be another sports sedan (BEV/PHEV even more uncertain) at current prices (It's cheaper than a UX...)

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Current 300h performance is...well...adequate (?) for a sports sedan... 0-100km/h:
6,2seg -> RAV4 Prime
8,1seg -> RAV4 HSD AWD
8,4seg -> IS300h/Rav4 HSD 2WD
8,9seg -> LandCruiser V8 TurboDiesel/ES300h

So, a IS Prime with the exact same powertrain would be killer. This being said, I'm starting to get really curious about what's coming...

I already stated my powertrain "wish-list", but, when I think about it:
->A25A-FXS/PHEV, it's a FWD powertrain, would they made it RWD with longitudinal engine just for one car?
->8GR-FXS, it would touch the heals of the big brother (LS500h), even Crown's size it's quite bigger than the IS (GS size), would be a lot of fun a IS500h...

Hoppefully, they won't turn IS to FWD... Even this redesign/new platform debate, all option makes sense (financial/technical/offer)...

I always loved the IS, every single iteration of it, even being as old as it is I still think why I'm waiting for something better when it's so uncertain if there will be another sports sedan (BEV/PHEV even more uncertain) at current prices (It's cheaper than a UX...)

Same here. I will wait for the 4IS specs, what BEVs will be available out there (and their pricing) and see if I have to revert to picking a used 2017+ (includes adaptive cruise control) 3IS350 AWD F Sport. We don't have the 300h here in Canada or even the States.

Double wishbone front suspension on the IS is a plus, except when it comes to suspension repairs and replacement. We have it on our 11 Accord coupe and it handles decently well on stock tires/suspension. Only found out about the advantages after going through a few youtube videos such as this. Most race cars have either double wishbone or some multi-link set up up front.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
FWD IS, no need to bring it, the ES covers both IS and GS in that case.

A turbocharged I4 HEV or PHEV would be enough if no V6 HEV (500h). Of course nothing can be more reliable than IS XE10 or XE20 with 3GR-FE, but Lexus still does fine with high-tech, not that I am interested in it. I wish cars came with just electric windows and mirrors and a/c. Don't need more.

Will1991

Reactions
I’m expecting to see what’s coming up, but a Atkinson cycle engine does have lower exhaust pressure which isn’t a good thing for turbochargers... Miller cycle perhaps makes more sense?

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
FWD IS, no need to bring it, the ES covers both IS and GS in that case.

A turbocharged I4 HEV or PHEV would be enough if no V6 HEV (500h). Of course nothing can be more reliable than IS XE10 or XE20 with 3GR-FE, but Lexus still does fine with high-tech, not that I am interested in it. I wish cars came with just electric windows and mirrors and a/c. Don't need more.

Tell me all about it. My 02 Civic is my daily driver and it doesn't even come with power mirrors or windows and the a/c compressor just died last summer (it was already replaced a few years ago). It doesn't even have ABS and comes in manual transmission. Engine and transmission reliability (some suspension components about to give due to age and neglect) are paramount to me. That's why I would rather get a nice Lexus for my next car.

I know in a newer car I want better safety features like higher crash safety rating, electronic stability control at the very least, but auto high beam and BSM? Just turn the high beam on when necessary and adjust the side mirrors so there is very little to no blind spot and of course shoulder checking will be helpful too.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Most interesting/useful normal car for me. Can't wait to see what it gives.

A lifted wagon version (a la Audi Allroad), called IS SportCross, is too much to ask for.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Sedan, coupe (something like BMW 4 GC) and wagon?

What I was thinking about is
1) why not making the RC as a true IS coupe.
2 why not switching the NX to FR and make it from the next generation IS family.

this will make the "I" family a total full family
sedan
coupe
4dr coupe
wagon
may be high wagon "allroad" style
cuv

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
Well NY auto show is cancelled so obviously lexus will need to do some sort of online reveal.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Rumor seems to be the next full model refresh for the IS is out a ways, so another model refresh is to be expected, maybe punctuated with a new IS F to replace the GS F to give people something to hold them over until a full refresh?

Courtesy of Google Translate:

LEXUS / IS F
■ Expected to appear around October 2020

51fcedfdf2bb371427082b585c7cb06b-600x329.jpg
The IS F that was in the predecessor model is scheduled to be finally added by a minor change in 2020 (CG illustrations were created by the best cars)
The current IS, which is about seven years from its debut, is getting information about a full model change, but it is planned for 2023 or later, with a major minor change planned for 2020.

At this time, it was found that ISF that was not set in the current model was added. Just an evolution. The power train demonstrates 481ps / 54.6㎏m with V8 and 5LNA installed on GSF.

e7216bc13091f48972e746e5855b165b-600x572.jpg

5L and V8 for GS F will be installed on IS F

Will1991

Reactions
So... Lexus is supposed to have waited 7 years with enthusiasts asking for a new ISF every single year since launch... To do it in a SUV-hungry world with an outperforming powertrain on a really old chassis?

M7XE3Lt3RAeOBH6xHjdnymf18Xg6DoYNHXBSafg26lYHXNNngE_M1H-uQreGwUN5NZQWFRBFu7hoj9FIrbUkL6l7lp4l

Status
Not open for further replies.