What's wrong with Infiniti?

Gecko

Connoisseur
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even if it's FWD/AWD or a turbo 4 + hybrid, I think the first step here is weaning off Mercedes' outdated hardware. What's an Infiniti needs to at least be a Nissan.

mikeavelli

Connoisseur
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if it's FWD/AWD or a turbo 4 + hybrid, I think the first step here is weaning off Mercedes' outdated hardware. What's an Infiniti needs to at least be a Nissan.
I don't think they know what it stands for. For 3-5 years it was the "Japanese bmw" and I used to joke they are the "Japanese jeep". Look today, all SUVs. If they decide to sell some nicely equipped maxima/altima based cars and SUV's and the styling is not weird, it could keep its niche. The thing is people are so used to getting them on fire sale and its hard to combat that. You would need years of truly compelling product.

I still can't believe they stopped the FX. This car, for Infiniti is more important than the GS for Lexus.
Crazy how in retrospect how ahead of its time it was. This pre-dates the X6 by what 5 years at least? But they never marketed it as a SUV coupe, BMW got the marketing right and has the badge. Infiniti did right with the first gen but the second gen looked too weird and the price went way up. Then they dropped the V-8. Then they drop the entire car.

They should have figured the FX out, it had a decent fan base and it was a positive for the brand.

suxeL

Follower
Reaction score
I still can't believe they stopped the FX. This car, for Infiniti is more important than the GS for Lexus.
its apparently on its way back in some new form. But I doubt the new FX can really relight the sector after stepping away for so long. The QX60 is also on its way back, which by local parking lots seems like the best seller (or shall I see best lease) for infiniti

Joaquin Ruhi

Expert
Staff member
Reaction score
its apparently on its way back in some new form.
The some new form? Picture the current QX50 FWD-platform crossover with a different "arching" roof reminiscent of the original FX, badged QX55 and "sold" as a crossover coupe version of QX50 and that's what we're getting.

suxeL

Follower
Reaction score
The some new form? Picture the current QX50 FWD-platform crossover with a different "arching" roof reminiscent of the original FX, badged QX55 and "sold" as a crossover coupe version of QX50 and that's what we're getting.
Haha for sure but better then nothing.