Toyota to Debut Next-generation Century at Tokyo Motor Show 2017

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
^that could make sense because there are reports that the TX550h+ will have a V6. Not sure about that myself, but we could definitely see a V6 in those vehicles you mentioned. I also don't see a TX having a V6 and a Taco/4R doesn't.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Looks hideous from the side with that FF proportion. It will have very large interior space considering the back row occupies the entire 2nd and 3rd row of TX. Also, no hidden rear wiper on a ¥15M SUV? Hope production version has hidden wiper. And indeed the V6 hybrid powertrain is exclusive to Century SUV (i.e. no V6 for TX) but will be a temporary solution until a BEV variant comes out.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Reactions
Just when I thought there may be a shred of hope with Toyota building a new RWD platform for cars that aren't just sports cars (and maybe sports sedans). :(

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
3-png.6594

🤣🤣🤣

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
This wont replace the sedan version, i cant imagine.

Respectfully, the new 63 series AMG are 4 cylinder hybrids, as well, and on an SUV im more forgiving of modest power.
Remember that V12 wasnt some high power beast.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

The publication notes that the SUV won’t be as stately as the sedan since it lacks a V8, but it also claims that Toyota will sell the Century SUV for personal use. Apparently, the V8 is overkill for personal use, and Toyota wants to push buyers up from the Crown to the Century SUV, so a V6 is a better choice.

Best Car Web estimated a surprisingly reasonable price tag for the Century SUV. They think it will cost between 10 million Yen (around $76,000) and 15 million yen (just shy of $114,000).

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The man rolled with the undertaker can we have some respect?

And it should play the undertaker music when you start the car