Toyota to Debut Next-generation Century at Tokyo Motor Show 2017

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
wow
Crown have a lot much more presence, for my taste more than the LS , the S class is the less of the bunch

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly not only Toyota, me also
Crown is Toyota, it was the first international name under Toyota with the Land Cruiser and Corolla, those 3 are the main core

Last edited:

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
Honestly not only Toyota, me also
Crown is Toyota, it was the first international name under Toyota with the LamCruiser and Corolla, those 3 are the main core
I also think Crown stands in between Century and Lexus flagship.

I have also found on youtube a second (?) GRMN Century with a license plate. It was displayed at Tokyo Auto Saloon

This is not an ordinary plate. It looks like a teasing!
Because, the number 1867 is not deliberately unplanned!
It is the year Japan opened up its sights to the West.
What do you think? Maybe some pieces of this machine might end up overseas?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This is not an ordinary plate. It looks like a teasing!
Because, the number 1867 is not deliberately unplanned!
It is the year Japan opened up its sights to the West.
What do you think? Maybe some pieces of this machine might end up overseas?

Isn't 1867 the year Sakichi Toyoda was born? The original 1967 Century was named to commemorate this. This here shouldn't be much different.

The Black Ships arrived in 1853, and the Meiji restoration started in 1868. I don't see how this is related to bringing the Century overseas.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions

Motor

Expert
Reactions
One-Off Toyota Century Convertible Is Fit For An Emperor
The Toyota Century is closely associated with Japanese royalty and it appears the company has made a one-off convertible in honor of the new emperor’s coronation ceremony on October 22nd.

According to Japanese Nostalgic Car, the model is officially called the “royal parade car” and will be used to transport Emperor Naruhito on a 2.9 mile (4.6 km) route through the streets of Tokyo to the Akasaka Palace.
f96778ba-toyota-century-convertible-1.jpg

It looks amazing.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Gorgeous. It also looks like it flux capacitor'd right out of 1985, but that works in this instance.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I drove the previous generation Century the V12 and I was astonished of its fit & finish although the handling and the road feeling

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
To be honest, that body kit accentuates the "late 80s GM product" vibe that I get from the Century's exterior. I prefer the stock car in this case.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
Almost every single day we're around here requesting to Lexus be more special than a "improved" Toyota and now we're requesting a Century rebadge ahahah

Also, I'm not seeing how Lexus would sell this... As direct competition for Rolls Royce and Bentley?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
"Lexus Century" is an awesome name for a car.

I personally really like the idea of models having names and not model designation e.g. RX, or at least for certain, special models.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think in the US people would negatively associate that with the Buick Century, but maybe I'm underestimating the auto-buying public.