Toyota GR GT3 Concept

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
A racing prototype will be ready end 2022. Should give plenty of time for testing before RC-F retirement.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

ToyotaGRGT3Concept-MazdaRXVisionGT3-768x528.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions
That would confirm what @A70TTR said about the next gen A100 Supra. It will be an in-house V6 hybrid.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
It has nothing to do with Mazda, please stop spreading misinformation, I can't stand these trash car websites.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
What a shame. The B58 is such a great engine. Modify the dang thing!
Considering what they were able to do with the GT4 Supra, I'm hoping we could see some of the results from that program feed back into the street car, particularly engine tuning. Some sort of factory 'GR tune' that gives crazy power would be really cool

Reactions
Considering what they were able to do with the GT4 Supra, I'm hoping we could see some of the results from that program feed back into the street car, particularly engine tuning. Some sort of factory 'GR tune' that gives crazy power would be really cool

Yes!

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
So no one thinks this could be rehashed now defunct LC-F? Besides the concept stretched wheelbase it sure looks like thay to me.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The weight of GA-L alone would probably be a no-go for racing projects.
The GA-L platform atleast from the outside seems like its going to go EOL earlier then any other TGNA chassis. Doubt they'd be using this going forward for anything.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Is it possible that the GR GT3 will be powered by the twin turbo V8 from the scrapped LC F?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Race cars tend to use the smallest and lightest engine configuration possible especially in a heavily BOP class like GT3. If given the choice between V6 and V8 most teams will go for the V6. If I4 does the job they will go with an I4.

Reactions
Race cars tend to use the smallest and lightest engine configuration possible especially in a heavily BOP class like GT3. If given the choice between V6 and V8 most teams will go for the V6. If I4 does the job they will go with an I4.

That doesn't seem to be the case for Ferrari, Porsche, BMW (for the longest time), Mercedes, and almost everyone else that isn't Honda or Hyundai.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
That doesn't seem to be the case for Ferrari, Porsche, BMW (for the longest time), Mercedes, and almost everyone else that isn't Honda or Hyundai.
You mean Honda or Nissan, Hyundai have never participated in GT3.

But for real though, the lower powered but lighter cars seem to get dusted by the more powerful but heavier cars most of the time even though their low curb weights make them seem more competitive than they actually are, despite the organisers trying even things out with BOP. The last time a racing team went racing in the GT3 class with a really lightweight 4 cylinder powered car, things went badly for them.