Tokyo Auto Salon 2024

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
All of Kirk Kreifels stream was hoping for a LFR during the first Gazoo Racing livestream šŸ˜…

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think the LBX concept is pretty cool but I can see why their isn't a "fun" UX. It moved 12k units last year. The GX almost outsold it 3:1. I just don't think many people are dying to spend $50k on a Lexus the size of a Corolla. Acura can maybe make a case because there is some pent up demand for the Integra nameplate, but even then, I think they will struggle to keep sales high.

IMO, the UX needs more of an overhaul on packaging than anything else. The 5th gen hybrid update will be quite the improvement and I think make it a really great car*. Finding some way to make use of the entire cargo area would be a big step forward. Right now the non-hybrid battery is parked back there and that limits the space. The sloped rear glass also hurts.

*mainly because my wife has decided that she wants a UX 300h to replace her Clubman S haha. Should be here in May.

Well said and not disagreeing. I will say UX wasnā€™t meant to be a volume car. I just sat down and paid attention to the video and Aikio confirms itā€™s coming in casual conversation.

For me as an enthusiast I would entertain this. The Integra just isnā€™t moved far enough from a Civic. I look at the LBX inside and out and it doesnā€™t scream rebadge tho it shares the GR bits, What is confusing is this has zero F anything on it. That might be another thread conversation.

Last edited:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Me personally as much as I love the UX what is missing for me is what they are doing with the LBX. With that being said I'm sure they can move more UX if they sprinkle some of the GR sauce on it.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The new 8DAT was able to beat the shift time of the legendary ZF8HP and almost half the time of their standard 8AT (they kind of admitted their current 8AT sucks in this chart). Impressive. Please bring this transmission to more products!

1705102925709.png

Last edited:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
The new 8DAT was able to beat the shift time of the legendary ZF8HP and almost half the time of their standard 8AT (they kind of admitted their current 8AT sucks in this chart). Impressive. Please bring this transmission to more products!

View attachment 8598

If they have such amazing engineering why are they still insisted using those outdated 6AT and 8AT?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The are 2 things that bug me a little bit with the updated GR Yaris:

1. The new dashboard while no longer having its touchscreen stick out like a sore thumb, looks like a design from the 1980s or from small pick-up truck, it's just so boxy and rectangular.

2. The top of the side intakes on the front bumper slope downwards, would've preferred it to be straight or sweep slightly upwards instead.

Other than that, love what they've done to improve the GR Yaris.

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

View attachment 8598
Wait until they say something like ā€œthis transmission is exclusively for their proper GR and F (and whatever they are going to call that hopped up LBX) cars that are powered by TMC's own enginesā€.

Reactions

View attachment 8598

The fact that they put the GR Supra in its own category shows how well the (Toyota-tuned) GR Supra's ZF 8HP51 transmission performs, and for the GR Yaris' new automatic to even be better than that is something else. Well done.

BoziT

Fan
Reactions

View attachment 8598
Cool graphic. Is this part of a spec sheet somewhere?

Reactions
I have the full press kit that's in English but could not locate this chart. Is there another that might be out there?

I think it was shown to the reviewers in Jarama circuit! If it's not already optimized for you, go to 18:11 on this video.