The new BMW 5 Series and i5

mikeavelli

Reactions
G8 was beautiful especially the GXP.. but I think he’s saying the bmw reminds him of a pontiac.. what a fall from grace

mikeavelli

Reactions
It really completely lost all the presence that 5ers used to have. What's even the point of buying a big luxury car that blends into the background like an econobox?

If it didn’t have bmw badges it could have been an old buick. Or an acura/honda. Hell an old Toyota. It was spectacularly blah.

So disappointed

Och

Admirer
Reactions
This is to be expected. European automakers are being strong armed into spending all the design budget on emissions compliance, and with record high energy/labor prices expect more and more cost cutting when it comes to the design.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I might not fully that sentence, but seeing PT Cruiser and Aztek in it when talking about design certainly isn't a good sign 💀

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
I might not fully that sentence, but seeing PT Cruiser and Aztek in it when talking about design certainly isn't a good sign 💀
You may not like the styling but there can be no arguing that both the PT Cruiser and the Aztek had unique, cannot-be-missed styling.

It may not have been Pontiac's intent to have such polarizing styling but, as I recall, Chrysler did want that unique language.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
You may not like the styling but there can be no arguing that both the PT Cruiser and the Aztek had unique, cannot-be-missed styling.

It may not have been Pontiac's intent to have such polarizing styling but, as I recall, Chrysler did want that unique language.

Sulu, ladies and gentlemen.

1714329290553.png
1714329305145.png

1714329355038.png

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The refresh Aztek pictured here wasn't outrageous aside from the front end. The original version with the cladding was terrible from every angle though. I don't know why GM put that on everything back then.

And I can't hate the PT Cruiser. I think it was a reasonable-for-the-time modernization of the Chrysler Airflow, and super useful for hauling stuff at a low cost and better MPG than a van or the SUVs of the time. Like Chrysler's other modern-retro cars they never developed it further though. It could've easily morphed into a small CUV and been very competitive.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The refresh Aztek pictured here wasn't outrageous aside from the front end. The original version with the cladding was terrible from every angle though. I don't know why GM put that on everything back then.

And I can't hate the PT Cruiser. I think it was a reasonable-for-the-time modernization of the Chrysler Airflow, and super useful for hauling stuff at a low cost and better MPG than a van or the SUVs of the time. Like Chrysler's other modern-retro cars they never developed it further though. It could've easily morphed into a small CUV and been very competitive.

We live in a society, Ian.

1714407749968.png
1714407881297.png