Will1991

Reactions
I love Lexus, but they deserve what's happening to the UX300e... ChaDemo in 2024 in Europe...

mikeavelli

Reactions

So we have a guy who got popular for tech reviews. Decides to make more money and do car reviews.He is not a car guy. Not the first time he has hardly any idea what he is talking about.

Overall likes the RZ but most of his hang ups are on its low range. Which we knew about 18 months ago.

Reactions

So we have a guy who got popular for tech reviews. Decides to make more money and do car reviews.He is not a car guy. Not the first time he has hardly any idea what he is talking about.

Overall likes the RZ but most of his hang ups are on its low range. Which we knew about 18 months ago.
He gets the clicks with as much the bait in the title...all the manufacturers see that, including Toyota/Lexus PR

mikeavelli

Reactions
This is probably the only used BEV I will consider buying if I need a replacement car before 2028.

Battery will likely last 14 or more years easily with all the safeguards.

I’m hearing updates coming too. So yeah range is meh for a first (technically second the UXe precedes it) but excited on how much better it can get.

I would like to see stuff like a red interior and digital mirror and adjustable glass roof option toegether. Maybe a luxury package for the rear as it’s decently spacious

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I’m hearing updates coming too. So yeah range is meh for a first (technically second the UXe precedes it) but excited on how much better it can get.

I would like to see stuff like a red interior and digital mirror and adjustable glass roof option toegether. Maybe a luxury package for the rear as it’s decently spacious
Good to know.

TBH, because my next car purchase will be a BEV, it will likely be a Lexus. I think Toyota will get the software right much sooner than the competition.

The only feature that I would really like in a BEV that isn't mass-marketed is torque vectoring and hopefully 50/50 or slightly more RWD-biased AWD dynamics.

ES300h

Fan
Reactions
Marqes Brownlee should stick with phones and stop doing car reviews, he's just awful when it comes to reviewing cars. For the most part watching him is basically like watching advertisements for whatever he's showing. I rarely ever click on his videos anymore even though YT suggests them to me.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Good to know.

TBH, because my next car purchase will be a BEV, it will likely be a Lexus. I think Toyota will get the software right much sooner than the competition.

The only feature that I would really like in a BEV that isn't mass-marketed is torque vectoring and hopefully 50/50 or slightly more RWD-biased AWD dynamics.

I did have a premium demo for a few months #lexuspartner (i have to say that in instances like this now it’s not to brag) and it drove fantastic. I mean shockingly solid. Direct-4 is torque vectoring so it just takes corners at will. Premium is super under tired. It is the fastest Lexus not a V-8.

With a bit more power, some larger wheels and michelin pilot sport tires it could be quite interesting. The issue is NONE of these reviewers are pushing the car. All they do is complain about the range

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Marqes Brownlee should stick with phones and stop doing car reviews, he's just awful when it comes to reviewing cars. For the most part watching him is basically like watching advertisements for whatever he's showing. I rarely ever click on his videos anymore even though YT suggests them to me.
He is aweful when it come to reviewing phones, he is biased and his reviews are actually promotions so his word really doesn't mean ****

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I did have a premium demo for a few months #lexuspartner (i have to say that in instances like this now it’s not to brag) and it drove fantastic. I mean shockingly solid. Direct-4 is torque vectoring so it just takes corners at will. Premium is super under tired. It is the fastest Lexus not a V-8.

With a bit more power, some larger wheels and michelin pilot sport tires it could be quite interesting. The issue is NONE of these reviewers are pushing the car. All they do is complain about the range
Direct 4 is torque vectoring from front to rear axle and back but not from one side of the axle to another. Surprisingly, I watched an older BMW xDrive clip yesterday and noticed brake-based torque vectoring was being featured through some illustration as the vehicle didn't come with the M Sport Differential.

I think with many modern vehicles, brake-based torque vectoring is included. Ssun pointed that out to me that for Toyotas, it's ACA while on Hondas, its called AHA.

In any case, Direct 4 is still significantly better than the eAWD on Toyota and Lexus hybrids for sure. Just want one step further and have like the TVD from the RCF or eTVD for BEVs from the likes of BorgWarner and Schaefer.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
To be fair.. if they push the car that's just going to reduce it's range even more

U know I think Range is worse than HP lol. We don’t drive much daily. The RZ made me analyze habits which was kinda cool. Driving ICE, never really thought about it .Wife drives about 4 miles most days .I drive maybe 10-20 miles most days on average. RZ can easily be plugged into the office and they actually pay for the charge. So range for us wouldn’t be an issue especially since we have other cars.

Now on unexpected days where I might be driving all over Atlanta and I can’t charge it, it can give anxiety or I have to plan for a charge. It did happen to us one Saturday when plans went from hanging around our side of town to driving all over Atlanta and after dinner I told the wife we have to go immediately home or find a charging station. Now part of this is not only on the RZ, I couldn’t charge the vehicle at multiple stops including the NEW restaurant and complex.

The other attributes of the RZ are great. It’s quiet inside, it’s spacious ,it’s well built, the tech is easy to use and the cargo room is solid.

I think I said it before but as a daily for people who don’t drive much it’s a really solid vehicle ESPECIALLY with all the rebates and credits today. We are talking a loaded RZ for what 50k?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Direct 4 is torque vectoring from front to rear axle and back but not from one side of the axle to another. Surprisingly, I watched an older BMW xDrive clip yesterday and noticed brake-based torque vectoring was being featured with illustration as the vehicle didn't come with the M Sport Differential.

I think with many modern vehicles, brake-based torque vectoring is included. Ssun pointed that out to me that for Toyotas, it's ACA while on Hondas, its called AHA.

In any case, Direct 4 is still significantly better than the eAWD on Toyota and Lexus hybrids for sure. Just want one step further and have like the TVD from the RCF or eTVD with BorgWarner and Schaefer manufacturers for BEVs.

Thanks for the clarification!

Reactions
Picked up a 300e core as a daily. Got about $19k off including the $15k from Lexus for leasing.

about $36k as the out the door price. Stellar value that I can overlook the 266 range and slower charging. I pretty much charge at home anyways and have a second gas car. The RZ is not for everyone (just like all EVs). But for the same reason there’s an ICE for every purpose, EVs are for those that will fit their lifestyle.

But for Lexus ride, quality, and Lexus was for $36k, no brainer