Flagship1

Follower
Reactions

These figures are not surprising, Toyota cant seem to get pure evs down right. The beta testers/consumers that Lexus has shelling out money whats their end game? Will they just chalk it up to being a beta tester for the greater good or do they actually like the product?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
These figures are not surprising, Toyota cant seem to get pure evs down right. The beta testers/consumers that Lexus has shelling out money whats their end game? Will they just chalk it up to being a beta tester for the greater good or do they actually like the product?
I am seriously considering a UX300e (200 hp). Used it is very cheap.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
hows the battery performance used?
I have no idea, but I trust TMC more than others. Internal data (I was told, don’t know if true or not) has a 5% degradation every 20.000 km for European Stellantis BEVs. Lots of reliablility problems too. And if the main use of the car is urban, range and charging are not an issue, if the car will work for the next 15 years.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions

i see battery degradation vary from mfg to mfg. But used evs tend to have their bright points. avoid reading the title, the tesla turns out pretty dang good

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I have no idea, but I trust TMC more than others. Internal data (I was told, don’t know if true or not) has a 5% degradation every 20.000 km for European Stellantis BEVs. Lots of reliablility problems too. And if the main use of the car is urban, range and charging are not an issue, if the car will work for the next 15 years.
UX300e battery is air-cooled or liquid-cooled?

I'm waiting for Lexus or Acura BEV. My wife got her ICEV but when it comes time to change my CT200h or Accord, definitely going BEV. Will wait for better battery technology from Toyota or Honda first though.

Buying used is great especially if Toyota/Lexus will put in a new battery pack. Tesla reman packs leave a lot to be desired.

pacman1

Follower
Reactions
I’m starting to see quite a few of these on the road, great looking cars. Tired of a lot of EVs looking like suppositories. Hopefully word of mouth spreads that they’re fantastic for city driving.

sl0519

Admirer
Reactions
That, or used bars of soap.

022976a768bed8c2ac0516335e0e0f6a.jpg

7f434b089a6e7a2d1f4f3c79e8250386.jpg

0cf59a990087476af8abf83467fa7fa8.jpg

0d4526cc8a4c2a16e049e053c6ded9ae.jpg

how about this?

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I’m starting to see quite a few of these on the road, great looking cars. Tired of a lot of EVs looking like suppositories. Hopefully word of mouth spreads that they’re fantastic for city driving.
So far taxi fleets seem to be the highest registration rate in cities for the bz/soltera and rz platform.

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
022976a768bed8c2ac0516335e0e0f6a.jpg

7f434b089a6e7a2d1f4f3c79e8250386.jpg

0cf59a990087476af8abf83467fa7fa8.jpg

0d4526cc8a4c2a16e049e053c6ded9ae.jpg

how about this?
The AVATR 12 looks fantastic! But it does have some weird quirks interiorly. Like the front window controls for example...are under the screen. The door opening control is that little silver slit you see on the purple. Push button and electric of course. But the funny thing is, the window controls for the rear doors are on the actual doors.

pacman1

Follower
Reactions
The AVATR 12 looks fantastic! But it does have some weird quirks interiorly. Like the front window controls for example...are under the screen. The door opening control is that little silver slit you see on the purple. Push button and electric of course. But the funny thing is, the window controls for the rear doors are on the actual doors.
I think the oversized wheels take away attention from the exterior. When I focus on the exterior it’s easier to say that I’m not a fan of the headlights and I’m not sure about the I-pace style back, wish it was a little more sportier. Interior is awful. They really need to stop calling this “minimalistic interior” approach luxury, and I hate that it’s a thing right now. Not a bad looking car. Overall a good looking…bar of soap.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I think the oversized wheels take away attention from the exterior. When I focus on the exterior it’s easier to say that I’m not a fan of the headlights and I’m not sure about the I-pace style back, wish it was a little more sportier. Interior is awful. They really need to stop calling this “minimalistic interior” approach luxury, and I hate that it’s a thing right now. Not a bad looking car. Overall a good looking…bar of soap.
Yeah keeping everything constant, given the minimalistic interior (BMW iDrive 8-9) vs. Lexus UX or Toyota Crown interior or Prius, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat.

My wife picked up a 2023 CPO X3 M40i because we knew the upcoming all-new 2025 X3 will come with a curved display and because the CPO was about 20% less after tax than had we configured our own 2024 (and window may have already closed anyway) although we aren't against it, we prefer to iDrive 7 overall design/layout with binnacle and a separate infotainment display.

The single or dual display where most settings are embedded is a cost-cutting measure (fewer wiring, fewer buttons), and nothing more. Most are not even integrated into the dashboard.

More glare and less aesthetically pleasing. One reason I would have never considered a Mercedes, with its tacky two display set up that looks like an afterthought.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions

Hopefully the UK hybrid loan program is better directed. The current us version only exists when a sales person is trying to close a prospective RZ buyer. Every story I have heard from owners is dealers simply state we dont have one to sell, so we obviously cant just loan you one.