mikeavelli

Reactions
Picked up a 300e core as a daily. Got about $19k off including the $15k from Lexus for leasing.

about $36k as the out the door price. Stellar value that I can overlook the 266 range and slower charging. I pretty much charge at home anyways and have a second gas car. The RZ is not for everyone (just like all EVs). But for the same reason there’s an ICE for every purpose, EVs are for those that will fit their lifestyle.

But for Lexus ride, quality, and Lexus was for $36k, no brainer

That’s a steal! Congrats!

Reactions
If you live in CO, there's few reasons NOT to lease one for a daily driver/beater
Unfortunately, the 2023 Lexus RZ is sold out. The good news is that Colorado residents can still get a $189-per-month lease deal, albeit not with $0 due at signing as we had seen with the 2023. Lexus is currently offering the 2024 RZ 300e Premium FWD for $189 per month over 27 months with $1,999 due at signing, for an effective monthly cost of $263. That's a pretty crazy deal for a $51,450 vehicle.

Lexus is able to offer such a low payment because they're factoring an absurd $20,350 in lease cash into the payment. This offer is good until September 3rd.

Reactions
Marqes Brownlee should stick with phones and stop doing car reviews, he's just awful when it comes to reviewing cars. For the most part watching him is basically like watching advertisements for whatever he's showing. I rarely ever click on his videos anymore even though YT suggests them to me.
He is aweful when it come to reviewing phones, he is biased and his reviews are actually promotions so his word really doesn't mean ****
Even if you don't like him, MKBHD will likely never stop reviewing cars because of his clout in the tech review world and his prominence on Youtube...like I mentioned, all the manufacturers (tech or auto) know this and will provide him with whatever product he wishes to review, including Toyota and Lexus.

Reactions
If you live in CO, there's few reasons NOT to lease one for a daily driver/beater
Unfortunately, the 2023 Lexus RZ is sold out. The good news is that Colorado residents can still get a $189-per-month lease deal, albeit not with $0 due at signing as we had seen with the 2023. Lexus is currently offering the 2024 RZ 300e Premium FWD for $189 per month over 27 months with $1,999 due at signing, for an effective monthly cost of $263. That's a pretty crazy deal for a $51,450 vehicle.

Lexus is able to offer such a low payment because they're factoring an absurd $20,350 in lease cash into the payment. This offer is good until September 3rd.

I leased an RZ450e Premium, 18" wheels with core package delete a few weeks ago. Caviar exterior, palomino interior. MSRP 56,000, dealer discount 2500, lease cash 18,500. Adjusted price 35,000. MF .00055 (1.24 APR I believe). 3 year residual 21,300. I intend to buy.

I test drove first, of course. Reviews of the RZ450e seem totally wrong. I guess the 20" wheels ruin everything, or people don't know how to adjust the drive settings? I typically run with motors in eco mode and steering in sport. AC and stereo on. Regenerative breaking at max.

I'm getting 3.9m/kWh. It is super quiet, super comfortable, handles well, and the torque will make your heart pump. I think someone here said it's the fastest Lexus that isn't a V8? They really needed to market this as a hot hatch. 4.5 0-60 puts it in Golf R territory (latest Rs are 4.1ish I think, but still).

Ask me anything.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I leased an RZ450e Premium, 18" wheels with core package delete a few weeks ago. Caviar exterior, palomino interior. MSRP 56,000, dealer discount 2500, lease cash 18,500. Adjusted price 35,000. MF .00055 (1.24 APR I believe). 3 year residual 21,300. I intend to buy.

I test drove first, of course. Reviews of the RZ450e seem totally wrong. I guess the 20" wheels ruin everything, or people don't know how to adjust the drive settings? I typically run with motors in eco mode and steering in sport. AC and stereo on. Regenerative breaking at max.

I'm getting 3.9m/kWh. It is super quiet, super comfortable, handles well, and the torque will make your heart pump. I think someone here said it's the fastest Lexus that isn't a V8? They really needed to market this as a hot hatch. 4.5 0-60 puts it in Golf R territory (latest Rs are 4.1ish I think, but still).

Ask me anything.
3.9mi/kwh is phenomenal.

Reactions
Lexus should offer eco wheels on every trim in their future EVs. Consumers shouldn't have to suffer worse range by going for a higher trim. Most of their competitors offer aero wheels and low resistance tires on dual motor performance models.

Agree. I would not have wanted to be an early buyer and enthusiastically paid for a premium or luxury with 20" wheels only to see them hobble the car.

Reactions
Picked up a 300e core as a daily. Got about $19k off including the $15k from Lexus for leasing.

about $36k as the out the door price. Stellar value that I can overlook the 266 range and slower charging. I pretty much charge at home anyways and have a second gas car. The RZ is not for everyone (just like all EVs). But for the same reason there’s an ICE for every purpose, EVs are for those that will fit their lifestyle.

But for Lexus ride, quality, and Lexus was for $36k, no brainer
is the RZ300e NCM or LFP batteries from CATL? I know 400e uses NCM battery from the joint ventures of Panasonic but wasn't sure whether the RZ300e is NCM or LFP battery? Thank you very much!!!
Congrats on the new car! thinking of buying 300e too :)

Reactions
is the RZ300e NCM or LFP batteries from CATL? I know 400e uses NCM battery from the joint ventures of Panasonic but wasn't sure whether the RZ300e is NCM or LFP battery? Thank you very much!!!
Congrats on the new car! thinking of buying 300e too :)
yeah the RZ300e uses a slightly higher cap CATL, should be lfp? seems the bz4x does too? i've read conflicting stuff. should have the same 10y/150k warranty the rxz450e does, whatever the case.

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

Ask me anything.
Will you be on the hook for software-related issues (that render your vehicle undrivable or in limp mode) after the factory warranty ends? Or will Lexus make sure the BEV is drivable while yhe battery warranty is in force?

BEVs seem much more software reliant and their software do get more updates than ICEVs or HEVs. Good thing that Toyota takes a conservative approach and doesn't really do frequent OTA updates until updates are fully tested.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Will you be on the hook for software-related issues (that render your vehicle undrivable or in limp mode) after the factory warranty ends? Or will Lexus make sure the BEV is drivable while yhe battery warranty is in force?

BEVs seem much more software reliant and their software do get more updates than ICEVs or HEVs. Good thing that Toyota takes a conservative approach and doesn't really do frequent OTA updates until updates are fully tested.

Everyone everywhere is on the hook for fix costs after the warranty ends, unless it is an recall.

It is not good that TMC is not used to do changes often in BEV world - it is new technology unlike trusted old that works well for them. With new technology, you want to be able to change it. In 10 years, you might want less changes but not now.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Everyone everywhere is on the hook for fix costs after the warranty ends, unless it is an recall.

It is not good that TMC is not used to do changes often in BEV world - it is new technology unlike trusted old that works well for them. With new technology, you want to be able to change it. In 10 years, you might want less changes but not now.
Thanks for confirming. There's the gray area period between the end of the factory warranty and the battery warranty especially when it comes to software and EV drivability. I think for ICEVs and HEVs, it's taken for granted that unless the engine or transmission fails, the vehicle will still be drivable no matter what.

I think if a BEV BMS or system software is done properly from the ground up, there will be no need for very frequent OTA updates.

With new technology comes new BEV software/systems anyway, hopefully they will think about ease of performing upgrades without having to visit the dealership network.

With BEVs, I'm definitely opening up to BMW or Audi (Porsche pricing is too much now) down the road (likely going used 2-3 years old) but still have Acura and Lexus at heart. I was driving to work today and was telling myself why is it that only Acura offers torque vectoring differential across most of its products. Most other manufacturers try to reserve TVD for performance vehicles when it's really the safety aspect that would be a good sell towards prospective buyers.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Thanks for confirming. There's the gray area period between the end of the factory warranty and the battery warranty especially when it comes to software and EV drivability. I think for ICEVs and HEVs, it's taken for granted that unless the engine or transmission fails, the vehicle will still be drivable no matter what.

I think if a BEV BMS or system software is done properly from the ground up, there will be no need for very frequent OTA updates.

With new technology comes new BEV software/systems anyway, hopefully they will think about ease of performing upgrades without having to visit the dealership network.

With BEVs, I'm definitely opening up to BMW or Audi (Porsche pricing is too much now) down the road (likely going used 2-3 years old) but still have Acura and Lexus at heart. I was driving to work today and was telling myself why is it that only Acura offers torque vectoring differential across most of its products. Most other manufacturers try to reserve TVD for performance vehicles when it's really the safety aspect that would be a good sell towards prospective buyers.

well, OTA means no dealership but very few manufacturers do it. I think BZ update to add support for showing % state of charge in display was in the end a dealer visit, despite them mentioning OTA everywhere in PRs.

OTA is mandatory for BEVs, it is a software driven vehicle. BZ had complaints about charging for instance, not being compatible with some sites, fixing it is via software.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
well, OTA means no dealership but very few manufacturers do it. I think BZ update to add support for showing % state of charge in display was in the end a dealer visit, despite them mentioning OTA everywhere in PRs.

OTA is mandatory for BEVs, it is a software driven vehicle. BZ had complaints about charging for instance, not being compatible with some sites, fixing it is via software.
I probably don't care if it's done through an OTA update or requires a dealership visit unless of course it's a Tesla where OTA updates may come on a weekly basis, I'm presuming, so I definitely don't want to drive to the dealership every week unless they have free food and drinks.

Also better to package the updates once they've all been tested instead of fire fighting one after another if some fix breaks something else.

There are probably a few categories: minor (infotainment), medium (performance, additional features) and high (safety/recall)

You are right, brake issues can be fixed via OTA updates lol:

In any case, by the time I start shopping for a used premium to luxury BEV with torque vectoring, Lexus will be on the third gen, Honda on the second and BMW/Audi likely on the third as well and of course, I'm definitely waiting for battery chemistry advancement. The prices for battery packs are absurd I'd rather wait for packs with 20+ year longevity rather than jump in and have to pay a fortune to keep my BEV in service.

How are you still liking your TM3P?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Who knows what will happen by then, TMC should get its act together or they will lose all of their Chinese sales, which are substantial (was biggest market). So there is hope.

However, they do have to make engineers drive these daily and compare them to good BEV competition. Otherwise nothing will work.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
With any new hardware, longevity is driven by software and well we know how far most oems are willing to support their software:until the warranty is over. From there its all about the aftermarket. Small volume evs will suffer if the oem does a bad job of keeping aftermarket communication channels closed source. I would say owning a large volume ev like a tesla will have it perks, with parts and aftermarket community.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Who knows what will happen by then, TMC should get its act together or they will lose all of their Chinese sales, which are substantial (was biggest market). So there is hope.

However, they do have to make engineers drive these daily and compare them to good BEV competition. Otherwise nothing will work.
That's why I have to step up to an Acura or Lexus BEV, I am doubtful Honda or Toyota BEVs will best a comparable Tesla.