mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I think these rumors are making the rounds because of the LC being withdrawn from the Nurburgring 24 hour race this year. The LC was going to be in it with the new TTV8 but Covid hysteria hit and shut everything down so they had no chance to develop it. So the reason for the withdraw of racing it is the covid and lack of testing. They also said that they would race it next year. The engine is already running in the car so why cancel it? These rumors make no sense at all to me. I think it's stemming from the lack of racing the new engined LC this year at the 'Ring.

Pandemic hasn't stopped Toyota from racing Supra GT4.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Maybe TTV8 is cancelled, but it gets TTV6 hybrid? Maybe LF C is cancelled, but it turns into LFA II called LBX?

supra93

Expert
Reactions

In addition, the F model will be on standby for LC and LS next year. This is even more intense, with the newly-developed V8 and 4L twin turbo installed, and because it demonstrates high power of 670ps/66.3kgm, it will be a full-fledged premium sport that will be a direct rival to Benz AMG and BMW M.

20200910_SCOOOOP_LEXUS_D.jpg

Lexus LC F (scheduled to appear in November 2021, image is best car expected CG)

supra93

Expert
Reactions
When our inside man was asked if the LC-F is still on the table he replied with a simile face.

Reactions
When our inside man was asked if the LC-F is still on the table he replied with a simile face.

Ahh my boi A70 came back. I really was worried about the dude LOL. He's just busy that's all. :^)

Will1991

Reactions
This third lockdown is killing me, but I've too much time and Lexus isn't helping since we already reviewed has much as possible from the latest Direct 4 publication...

This being said, I've been looking at the old LC F information, and from the spied racecar motorauthority talked about (https://www.motorauthority.com/news...r-first-taste-of-the-new-lexus-twin-turbo-v-8), I've just now realized:

image.png

image.png

Look at those headlights, they don't look like the current LC headlights! Not even that front grille!

rxwq-ugAfPF9_E6nxN9fKdqlNqY-QqP9M13ao1nciM-mAmFJJ9ibUdIy6XhPVyjb__uekY1uoNox05P81j-sJX17qAO9hIWRC6NFSxwDejzp2Cp6yIJ0lnxr7en-YsnA3GH1WIhv4WfICep-JLAVDqKw-kerQp4rBoxUKvKXNQ

Current one uses 3 projectors arranged in a triangle but there isn't space for the 3rd projector on that one... Even those 2 projectors position seems different... The prototype also seems to have a headlight in line with what we see in the 2021 LS, moving for a single unit and loose the divided combination first seen in the 3IS.

Perhaps the rumors about Lexus killing the LC F and the V8 TT are wrong and both will come with the LC facelift?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
between rc and facelifted rc i like both as much and cant decide. will it be the same with lc or will prefacelift be better?

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
between rc and facelifted rc i like both as much and cant decide. will it be the same with lc or will prefacelift be better?

I have a feeling that facelift will be all about cost saving. If these spyshots are the real deal then both light clusters are cheaper than the current ones.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^Yes. I think those headlights must be race/proto spec running gear. Ditching the three, slim profile LED projectors in favor of two, large basic round ones just does not seem realistic.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Wait are we back on with Lexus is bringing a TTV8...cause I can't handle being disappointed again by them with this TTV8...

Levi

Expert
Reactions
so the rumors of LC-F gone over board might be true, thus the delay?

Will1991

Reactions
Lexus is back at the Nurburing 24h, but it comes with a new front bumper.

This was the one that raced in 2019:

image.png

Similar to the production version:

lexus-lc-500-convertible-c123625032022165756_1.jpg

Now, Gazoo Racing is showing a different front end to race at the 2022 Nurburing 24h:

01.jpg

It has a wider front grill, with two extra smaller air intakes "inside", similar to what we see in the RC F:

Lexus-RCF-design-agressivestyling-mobile-750x448-LEX-RCF-MY22-0022

Much closer to that spied prototype with the TT V8:

2020-Lexus-LC-24-hours-Nurburgring-prototype-3.jpg

In the press release it says:

"The LC will be refined through the investment of a significant amount of advanced technology that will be used in future production vehicles, centered around body rigidity, aerodynamic development, and suspension technology"

Source: https://toyotagazooracing.com/nurburgring/release/2022/0623-01/

We all remember that special announcement about a new V8( https://newsroom.lexus.eu/lexus-lc-to-compete-in-the-24-hours-of-nuerburgring-2020/ ), but this time they don't talk about it...

Maybe for the facelift we will have:
-New front end
-Improved suspension
-Higher body rigidity (more spot welds?)

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
How rigid should the LC yet be? Would be so much better of the focus was on it being lighter.