Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Sign me up please. That is awesome. Hope that price is correct but I'm thinking more at start at 130k and 150k loaded.

Agree. A loaded LC 500 is $103k or so... price hike is going to be more than $15k for 150 more horsepower, carbon fiber, turbos, suspension, etc.

That engine doesn't make sense, it's a 5.0L V8, and I'm assuming that it's the same engine in all the other F cars and the LC F, with a higher tune. But I don't think that squeezing out 150 more ponies from the engine is possible, since I read somewhere that 467 was already really high output for an NA V8. So it would have to be forced induction, but I heard somewhere else that there's not enough space to fit a turbo into the LC body with the 5.0 V8. So the 5.0 V8 rumor is most likely false.

Turbo, for sure. There's enough space to fit at least one of them under the hood.

Reactions
All the scoops and air intake/outlet and the bare carbon fibre nonsense totally ruins what is the LC design language. They should really instead try to hide that it's a performance version, and I suspect they actually will. They should also hybridize it, use electricity to benefit performance sort of like the Porsche 918 spider.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
my loaded LC was $106k, it seems to me that the F versions of other models run about $20 - 25 k more than the standard. So, my guess would be that the LC F would be about $125 - 130 K. However, a 5 l V8 doesn't make any sense to me (as noted above). It really has to be a TTV8 to get the kind of power that would make it competitive. Can't see a NA 5l V8 getting 600 HP..... To really break out, they need even more than 600 HP (maybe 650) and the torque must be upwards of 550 at about 3,000 rpms. The rendering of the LC F looks nice, but I think it will look more distinctive. It still looks a lot like a LC500. I also can't believe that it will be debuted in march

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Updated: New Rumors on the Lexus LC F Coupe

17-12-11-lexus-lc-f-rendering.jpg

Final testing in Fall 2018, released in 2019.
View the original article post

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
So, its curb weight will be around 4000lb (4280*0.07). Still, on the hefty side compare with the likes of AMG GTR and 911. But on the flip side, replacing 5.0L with 4.0L will save some weight at the front which means better weight distribution.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
So do you think we will see an LC F introduced without seeing LC 500 and 500h F-Sport vehicles? Seems kinda odd, but maybe they don't plan on bothering with the F- Sport version of their flagship coupe. If they did, it would certainly account for 2 more models in terms of their 14 new models introduced in 2018.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
So, its curb weight will be around 4000lb (4280*0.07). Still, on the hefty side compare with the likes of AMG GTR and 911. But on the flip side, replacing 5.0L with 4.0L will save some weight at the front which means better weight distribution.

The LC500 is very heavy, even the trim with the most carbon fiber. Reducing it to ~ 4000lbs is not much. I would like to hear what is being done with the suspension, rear steer. ; I assume that they will dramatically improve on engine cooling at prolonged high revs.

Agreed that the 4L engine will shift a little more weight balance to the rear, which will be good!

I'm curious about other performance specs, including times at Nurburgring.

My bet is that the USA price will be closer to $160k. It will still be a Grand Touring Lux Coupe, but faster and a perhaps a little more nimbler than the LC500, which is a superb GT Lux coupe.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
4,000 lbs is about the same weight as an early R35 GT-R. That's actually quite reasonable if it had AWD.

I respectfully yield, the GTR NISMO weighs 3911, so 4k is not much more. Does seem heavy, but ultimate performance will rely a lot on suspension for a car that heavy, braking too, but the LC500 has fantastic braking

Reactions: RAL

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

with this much HP. the car will be very fast.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
No doubt about being pretty fast. But it needs state of the art AWD system to win a drag race against something like a GT-R NISMO.

agreed, but I think drag races are boring;

what's really interesting and telling is how it does on corners,; challenging corners and curves. It will need better suspension than the current LC at a high HP to really meet high track performers in its price range like the AMG GTR and 911 GT3

Levi

Expert
Reactions
agreed, but I think drag races are boring;

what's really interesting and telling is how it does on corners,; challenging corners and curves. It will need better suspension than the current LC at a high HP to really meet high track performers in its price range like the AMG GTR and 911 GT3

I think it is a lie to claim drag races are boring, when every company is obsessed with 0-100/0-200/0-300 km/h times, because that is what sells, while the lightweight sportscar market is dwindling away, the newest comers being the Alfa 4C and the Alpine A110. There are no corners and curves with a car much more than 1.000 kg.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I think it is a lie to claim drag races are boring, when every company is obsessed with ......

Really now, perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word "lie." You just called me a liar, inadvertently or not.

Just because you or a number of others, such as car companies, apparently think drag racing is interesting, or at least more than boring, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that way