meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
No canards and the regular F hood, and it would be perfect. Maybe the canards for a Performance Package.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus' strategy with F cars hasn't ever really been about numbers, but rather about how they make the driver feel. I assume the LC F will be similar.

This is true. However from what I've gathered from multiple sources, internally Lexus was told "if it doesn't have at least 600hp don't bother" in regards to the LC F....and now 600 seems to be growing to a bit more :)

If a potential LC F tightens up suspension, handling and adds more speed it really should be a hit with the press. I do wonder will they keep run-flats or go with a real Super Sport tire....

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Really now, perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word "lie." You just called me a liar, inadvertently or not.

Just because you or a number of others, such as car companies, apparently think drag racing is interesting, or at least more than boring, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that way

Maybe not a lie, but then hypocrisy? I, just as you claim, am not that much interested in drag times, but for that reason I prefer light weight, something Lexus is not really good at. I do not think the LC-F will be light-weight. Well handling because of good engineering? Quite likely, but how fast it will accelerate will have (almost) no effect on handling.

Lexus' strategy with F cars hasn't ever really been about numbers, but rather about how they make the driver feel. I assume the LC F will be similar.

There is no disagreement that Lexus F models make the driver feel good. But as good as its rivals? How to measure Lexus F's success, and compared to what?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't think drag times are all that influential. After all, the Mustang was widely considered a joke for decades vs. European competitors because "it only goes fast in a straight line".

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don't think drag times are all that influential. After all, the Mustang was widely considered a joke for decades vs. European competitors because "it only goes fast in a straight line".

And still the LFA is considered a failure by most Germancarfans.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus LC Convertible Reportedly 2 Years Away, LC F Still LIkely

This pair of models would give Lexus challengers against BMW and Mercedes' grand tourers.
Lexus is close to having a convertible in its lineup again because the Japanese premium brand intends to slice the roof off the LC. The prospects look quite good for a more powerful variant of the coupe, too.

An unnamed insider tells Auto Express the LC convertible is a "done deal" and already has a green light for production. However, the model is still around two years from actually arriving at dealers.

Company execs aren't ready to confirm the drop top officially, though. "I hope that we will have a convertible in the near future. We know the luxury market requires a convertible," Yoshihiro Sawa, Senior Managing Officer of Lexus, told Auto Express.

The LC convertible's most direct competition would likely be BMW's recently spied 8 Series drop top. However, its more adventurous styling might lure a few customers away from the S550 Cabriolet, too.

Contrary to previous reports, Auto Express' insider claims that the rumored LC F doesn't yet have production approval, but execs are seriously considering building one. Prior rumors out of Japan indicate that the LC F would use a new biturbo 4.0-liter V8 with 621 horsepower (463 kilowatts) and make extensive use of carbon-fiber reinforced polymer to lower the coupe's weight. Despite the high performance upgrades, the interior would allegedly remain quite luxurious.

Judging by these reports, the LC F would be a closer competitor to AMG-tuned variants of the Mercedes S-Class, rather than a hardcore followup to the LFA supercar.

Lexus filed for a trademark on the LC F moniker in February 2017, indicating the company has been mulling over this idea for quite a while. Rumors even hinted that the model might have debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in November, but it didn't show up there.

https://www.motor1.com/news/227557/lexus-lc-convertible-confirmation-rumor/

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Is the LC-F Turbo V8 decided? Or could it also be a 700PS with hybrid or plug-in hybrid like Porsche and AMG GT4? And AWD or RWD? And if AWD, also with AWS? Could there also be LF-1 Limitless as F model later?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus LC F Prototype Spotted in California?

18-02-21-lexus-lc-f-prototype-front-1024x590.jpg

Mystery mule cruising Studio City.
View the original article post

Last edited:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
humm, not sure if this is the LC F. I thought it would have more venting on the hood and a spoiler.... but it could be an early stage version with the new engine. My experience on the track with the LC says that they need better cooling / venting for the LC to become a serious trackable car.. It certainly looks mean

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
humm, not sure if this is the LC F. I thought it would have more venting on the hood and a spoiler...
Besides that, previous full-on Lexus F models (IS F, RC F and GS F) have been distinguished by 2 major traits: large vertical/diagonal front fender vents just forward of the front doors and quad diagonal exhaust tips out back. Since the 2 photos in question unfortunately fail to show the rear end, it's anybody's guess what the exhaust tips look like. The lack of front fender vents implies an F Sport, as opposed to full-on F. On the other hand, given the "regular" LC's large side vents aft of the doors, perhaps the LC F will be an exception to the "F front fender vent rule".

Even though my first impression was "LC F prototype", upon looking at these pictures more closely, I share PeterF's skepticism that this is the LC F. More likely a potential LC F Sport variant.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
humm, not sure if this is the LC F. I thought it would have more venting on the hood and a spoiler.... but it could be an early stage version with the new engine. My experience on the track with the LC says that they need better cooling / venting for the LC to become a serious trackable car.. It certainly looks mean

My feeling is that there's enough surface area of vents on the current LC for it to be made trackable (I mean, even those of us that like the spindle agree it's a big honking thing), they just aren't taking advantage of them properly.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
My feeling is that there's enough surface area of vents on the current LC for it to be made trackable (I mean, even those of us that like the spindle agree it's a big honking thing), they just aren't taking advantage of them properly.

perhaps, but it appears critical that more air is vented over the engine and transmission. It's possible to use those front vents and grill more efficiently to do the venting, so maybe you're right there. While I'm not entirely sure of the engineering, but I was reading a bit on the transmission engineering in the RC F and GS F and it suggested to me that those transmissions are engineered differently to allow for more fluid flow and transmission cooling as well. The LC's transmission may not have been engineered in the same way. The GM at my dealership spent some time recently with Sato and he told me that the car was being engineered to make it entirely track ready. It will be very interesting to see what they come up with.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
What gearbox does the LC 500 have? If the LC-F will not be AWD, but RWD only, I think it is important for it to have a transaxle, either in front or behind the rear axle does not matter much. Aston Martin and AMG GT do have it. Worse is if the new BMW M8 will get transaxle, because BMW has never done it before, and it will make the M8 a very good car.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
What gearbox does the LC 500 have? If the LC-F will not be AWD, but RWD only, I think it is important for it to have a transaxle, either in front or behind the rear axle does not matter much. Aston Martin and AMG GT do have it. Worse is if the new BMW M8 will get transaxle, because BMW has never done it before, and it will make the M8 a very good car.

The LC 500 has the new 10 speed RWD gearbox (from supplier Aisin) that it shares with the LS 500. IDK if the transmission includes a transaxel (I'm not an expert here)