Reactions
LC-F with V10 And Lightweight Hybrid Technology like Mclaren P1, LaFerrari (Small Battery + Recovery System)

600 HP is Fast , i don't need stupid turbine , i need hi revving NA Engine for Sharp Engine Response , and F1 engine sound

not 9000 but 8500 rpm is enough , keep the cost of v10 down and make it in to the production

100,000 $ or lower for LC500 <same as 991> , 170,000$ for LC-F <same as a GT3 , 991 Turbo>

LFA Sound is ONE OF THE BEST ENGINE SOUND IN THE WORLD , Better than Maserati , better than the Ferrari , Better than the Lamborghini

LEXUS shound make it happen again

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/w...-sound-tests-on-a-lexus-lfa-video-101541.html

Turbo isn't everything , see the porsche GT3RS no turbo but it so fast , and sound so good too.

Last edited:
Reactions
LC-F with V10 And Lightweight Hybrid Technology like Mclaren P1, LaFerrari (Small Battery + Recovery System)

600 HP is Fast , i don't need stupid turbine , i need hi revving NA Engine for Sharp Engine Response , and F1 engine sound

not 9000 but 8500 rpm is enough , keep the cost of v10 down and make it in to the production

100,000 $ or lower for LC500 <same as 991> , 170,000$ for LC-F <same as a GT3 , 991 Turbo>

LFA Sound is ONE OF THE BEST ENGINE SOUND IN THE WORLD , Better than Maserati , better than the Ferrari , Better than the Lamborghini

LEXUS shound make it happen again

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/w...-sound-tests-on-a-lexus-lfa-video-101541.html

Turbo isn't everything , see the porsche GT3RS no turbo but it so fast , and sound so good too.
there is many wrong things in your comment...
first...using the same technology as the P1....you do know that the P1 costs more than 800,000$? you want that technology in a 170,000$?
and they can't use the LF-A engine...it won't work...the LC-F is too heavy....it's not built to be like the LF-A, it's not a super car.....
and the LC-F will never cost 170,000$ if the normal LC500 costs 100,000$....no one will pay 70,000$ more to get another 100 HP....the LC-F will cost about 120-130k $...no more....because then people will start complaining.....
you can't compare the LC-F with the GT3RS...the porsche is stripped down....there is nothing in the car....the LC-F is a luxury performance coupe...not to break records.....they have to develop a new engine for the LC-F...v8 with TURBO....or even use the 5.0L currently in the RC-F with that TURBO....this is the only way they can compete in the numbers game....

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am expecting a twin-turbo V8 with 600+hp for LC F, personally.

mikeavelli

Reactions
tumblr_nzius3Piwu1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

hahahah, exactly

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
That rendering in molten pearl looks great! Hope to hear something concrete from Toyota/Lexus on this in the future

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Is nobody thinking that maybe the engine in the LFA project X could be used in the LC F?
In theory, it should be the best engine possible for the LCF. 5.3 Liter stroked version of the LFA V10. It makes easily 645 - 650 HP while retaining the same HP/Liter as the LFA (116 HP/Liter for LFA and 118 HP/Liter for LFA NE). Revs up to 9500 rpm like the LFA 4.8 Liter V10.

Problem is, LCF might still be took heavy for LFA V10 since it is built for power at high revs. LCF is not supposed to be too expensive. The LFA V10 due to its exotic construction and F1 DNA (it was partly built in the Toyota F1 facility), it is too expensive to put in a car that will cost less than $150,000. Therefore, I think Lexus might be looking at putting a cheaper twin turbo V8 to get 600+ HP. That will give the low end torque a 4100 HP car needs and also the horsepower at the top end. Albeit, with much lower rev limit.

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
As much as I'd love to see the V10 in the LC-F I personally think the LFA V10 was a one time, exclusive "see what we can do" engineering masterpiece. I think Lexus will keep that exclusive to the LFA and develop the twin-turbo V8 we've all been hearing about. Additionally, with all the engine downsizing initiatives by automakers, I doubt Lexus will put such a large, thirsty engine into the LC-F, but considering Lexus likes to go against that mind-set (V8 in GS-F/RC-F vs TTV6 in most rivals) I may be proven wrong. Overall, I highly highly doubt we'll ever see the V10 again, even though I'd pay anything to get an LC with it or even the new LS whenever it comes out. Oh, I also have to say the only gasoline car luring me to test drive it (after getting my Tesla) is the LC, which is really saying something about what Lexus has done.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
New render looks nice. I just personally hate those wheels and never want to see them again on anything :)

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
i think 1LR-GUE V10 is Exclusive for LFA , it is master piece , but i want to see that again

they already have know - how , why other company like Audi , BMW can make v10 to mass production (look at the price of the R8 v10)

Porsche has a track monster 911GT3 , Lexus Should have LC-F v10

or lexus do like the porsche do >>>> do it both

>> "Turbo" for the people who love to said about the number geek nerd or something , "NA Hi Revving" for People who love to drive , people who love something old school "Sound , Throttle Response , Cornering , Feeling and Fun" or something like AKIO said in Detroit autoshow

---------
if they put that V10 engine in the LC

the engine is more lower (Due to dry sump v10) and much lighter engine will make the LC-F lighter than the LC500

combo with weight reduction component (1.5 -1.6 ton) and great sound ( turn my face smile :) everytime i turn the key ) i think LC-F will be the great Track machine and great luxury car

but i not sure the 10 speed transmission can handle 9500 rpm engine

========
, i like some word in NSX Motortrend review

leave the over complexity to german , but do thing that (Honda) japan can do so well

SIMPLE and FUN

Lightweight , NA , Handling

NSX is disappoint for me , OK it fast , it corner well but lack of passion , lack of something to be a supercar like the LFA

Supercar is about FUN , make you smile , make you feel special every time you drive it , if AKIO (LEXUS) TOYODA want the LC to be a future classic car , the LC should be special. it should be a supercar

i think the "one lexus" now i am sure it will be the future classic supercar is the LFA , the LC500 the v8 is great but v10 is more Exotic , more special i think

i don't want to see "NO" they will not put V10 in LC, i want to see "Yes" :D

Last edited:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Looks great just like they rendered it, but I agree with Krew's comment that a production LC F should probably have a more distinct and aggressive front end versus the regular LC.

Also interesting are some of the comments in the Motor.es article accompanying the renderings. They expect the regular LC and LCh to go on sale in Spain in May 2017 (echoing Motor Trend's recent prediction for its sales debut in the U.S.), and suggest that the LC F will have a torque vectoring differential (not sure if this has been confirmed for the "regular" LC and LCh as well). They waver on what engine will power the LC F, whether it will be a tweaked (to 500 hp) version of the LC 500 V8 or (more likely, they reckon) a twin turbo version producing 550-600 hp.

Finally, they predict a 2019 (calendar year, presumably) arrival for the LC F.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
The exhaust tips from the GS F don't work on this car. Only works on sedans. For coupes use the RC F tips.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Whatever they decide to do with the LC F has to be something out of this world! They are aware of what the competition has to offer so I'm expecting a killer coupe wearing the F badge!

Engineering Amazing!

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Is nobody thinking that maybe the engine in the LFA project X could be used in the LC F?

The 5.3 Liter V10 race motor was derived from the LFA 4.8 Liter V10 (stroked version). It would be an awesome dream to have this engine in a production Lexus, but realistically the engine is too exotic and costs too much. A standard LFA engine has an MSRP tag of $156,000 because of the exotic and bespoke construction (and that it is also tested in F1 facility). I believe the LCF would be no more expensive than $175,000 - $190,000. That V10 masterpiece would probably never be seen in a production Lexus.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
The 5.3 Liter V10 race motor was derived from the LFA 4.8 Liter V10 (stroked version). It would be an awesome dream to have this engine in a production Lexus, but realistically the engine is too exotic and costs too much. A standard LFA engine has an MSRP tag of $156,000 because of the exotic and bespoke construction (and that it is also tested in F1 facility). I believe the LCF would be no more expensive than $175,000 - $190,000. That V10 masterpiece would probably never be seen in a production Lexus.
Correct me if I am wrong, I remember reading years ago that the LFA engine has a price tag of $75,000.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Correct me if I am wrong, I remember reading years ago that the LFA engine has a price tag of $75,000.

Nope. As stated, $156,000 MSRP for the 4.8 Liter V10. Confirmed. Forgot to add, the 5.3 Liter V10 can easily produce 630 - 640 HP completely N/A even if it retains the 117 HP/Liter the LFA V10 produces.