Status
Not open for further replies.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
So do people think that the IS will eventually become a BEV only vehicle and ES the hybrid/petrol and GS hydrogen (via the new mirai)? I really love the IS I really do...but ive said before (maybe here maybe not) I just don't see the point of a smaller, more expensive car to manufacture (compared to a fwd ES that shares a platform with the camry/Avalon/everything that sells well for Toyota) and sell it at a similar price point as the ES. In my perfect little world I would ditch the ES and have the IS and GS soldier along...And as a current IS owner, I just cant bear the fact that I may end up going FWD (with or without eAWD) for my next car when I will eventually have to retire the IS for probably an ES...or GR camry...but yeah...2 similarly priced sedans in a SUV crazed world doesn't seem to make sense. Unless something special is planned for the IS that is...

If anything I could see certain models being the first to offer certain power trains, with it eventually becoming ubiquitous aside from certain niche ones e.g. V8TT or FCV, I wouldn't be surprised to see the IS be the first luxury sedan they do on a full BEV platform, but there's no way they'd only offer it with that in the next ten years. Hybrids will be a big and persistent part of transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.