Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
>> Tesla still makes the best EV in all segments it competes in - obviously true.
I doubt anyone would drive a BMW iX and Model X back to back and still want the X. Different leagues in terms of quality, comfort and features, one is a show-off vehicle and one is a road trip king.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I doubt anyone would drive a BMW iX and Model X back to back and still want the X. Different leagues in terms of quality, comfort and features, one is a show-off vehicle and one is a road trip king.
Tesla aren't even as good as a lucid air let alone cars like the lyriq

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I find it quite fascinating in general to see how to folks reacts to new company developments. Preface this with, I dont have an iota of understanding in the robotics space to understand what kind of achievement and furthermore competition this tesla bot brings to the landscape. However some observations:

-A lot of opinion in the air, whether its coming from industry insiders, Social Media Experts which can vary between Youtube University PHDs to actual academics to academics who lean heavily on their degree from Clickbait & Rumor University.
-Surprisingly whether it involved Boston Dynamics indirectly or supporters of the company, almost all social media platforms have the company trending in some way.

In other news, Tesla dropped delivery count for their quarter?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
In other news, Tesla dropped delivery count for their quarter?
The supposed news is Q3 delivery numbers did not meet Wall Street expectations.

Q3 delivery numbers were huge and did not drop, but YTD they are off last year’s pace due to supply change challenges. .

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The supposed news is Q3 delivery numbers did not meet Wall Street expectations.

Q3 delivery numbers were huge and did not drop, but YTD they are off last year’s pace due to supply change challenges. .
I'm paying valuation multiples that price in decades of growth and market leadership but this quarter was flat and missed expectations but that's ok.

Edit also we are reinventing robotics and achieving general AI in the next few years

Edit2 tesla never claimed its cars are Full self driving or have autopilot you can't hold us to that

Edit3 we have always been at war with eurasia

Edit4 buying Twitter takeout secured at Marijuana reference

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

The top electric car maker said "it is becoming increasingly challenging to secure vehicle transportation capacity and at a reasonable cost,"

Weird. Massive scale is hard. Weird.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Note : Fremont is not really an old factory for Tesla by industry standards. It is an old ugly factory purchased for cheap and made into something highly productive by American automotive industry standards.

I'm going to assume that is the old Toyota/GM NUMMI plant that used to build Corollas, Novas, Prizms, etc.....

These vehicles all had an excellent reliability reputation, but, of course, producing a Tesla may be a different story.

Lol, should of got a Nissan Leaf.

Actually, I'm beginning to believe it LOL. ;)

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I'm going to assume that is the old Toyota/GM NUMMI plant that used to build Corollas, Novas, Prizms, etc.....

These vehicles all had an excellent reliability reputation, but, of course, producing a Tesla may be a different story.
So soon we forget that pre-NUMMI days, that GM Fremont plant had a terrible reputation, which is why GM brought in Toyota. So it would be no surprise if, with Toyota gone, it is back to producing poor-quality vehicles. It is not the factory, it is who is operating -- managing -- the plant that foretells quality.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

Tesla drivers are majority male and their most common jobs are engineer and manager of operations, a new study found.
Most Tesla drivers were 34-years-old or younger and lived in areas with median household incomes that averaged $85,000.
An insurance company surveyed 62,000 drivers, including 228 with Teslas, to compare.

Isn't the average entry level tesla like $60k?

The analysis found that 83% of the Tesla drivers included in the data set were male. For comparison, men represented only 49% of drivers across all other brands in the study. About 49% of licensed US drivers are male, per the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).