Reviews: The 2019 Lexus ES 350 & ES 300h

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
8.4s is really strange considering its power-to-weight ratio. A 1,700kg regular car with 215hp is usually sub-8s even on low resistance tyres, and hybrids should be faster at the same power-to-weight ratio.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
8.4s is really strange considering its power-to-weight ratio. A 1,700kg regular car with 215hp is usually sub-8s even on low resistance tyres, and hybrids should be faster at the same power-to-weight ratio.
I haven't double-checked if those numbers are truly accurate. i'm just going by what this fellow journalist told me.

JJohn341

Fan
Reactions
Published 0-60 time 6 the gen ES300h was 8.1s, but the 2019 es300h brochure does not mention 0-60 time.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
^
That does look good from the outside. Inside is completely opposite especially with that bright red tacky leather.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Video: Matt Farah Reviews the 2019 Lexus ES 350 F SPORT
18-09-21-lexus-es-smoking-tire.jpg

"The most comfortable, refined modern car I've driven."
View the original article post

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The 7ES is indeed, the most comfortable car I've ever sat in, period. Been in the 3LS and the Crown Majesta before, some say these are the best luxobarge but they are so soft I want to puke in the rear seats. I also don't like the completely isolated feel of the old school Toyota luxobarges. Sampled a ES300h, very good ride quality and surprisingly good driving dynamics in class. The 5 series L is a boat, E-class L feels big and unwieldy (very hard to park), and A6L is hard as a rock. The ES gives confidence and I'm certain these low resistance tyres are sufficient for any spirited driving on normal roads. Power is a bit lacking and I hope it had the power-optimized FKS version instead of the FXS. It definitely feels underpowered if you are used to the 2GR V6. Also the hybrid system is a bit lazy in giving electric boost, it comes on instantly but not in a fierce manner I would expect from a hybrid. It almost gives an impression it's slower than a Corolla Hybrid, which has a very aggressive boost deployment strategy, in the city. But I guess that's the compromise to make acceleration less jerky.

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Awesome! I've always enjoyed Matt's videos and it's nice to hear him compliment the ES so much. I'm really impressed with this new F-Sport :thumbsup:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Don't know, I still have mixed feelings towards the ES, maybe something change after adding the AWD

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
So far now multiple reviews have commended the ride quality, with some saying it's better than the 6ES (including on bad roads apparently). This is very impressive to hear, given that the 7ES also has improved handling. I guess it's to be expected though. TNGA platforms are such a massive step forward in so many ways. It also makes sense from a physics point of view. Given how stiff, strong and rigid the TNGA platforms all are, that allows great flexibility in overall shock and spring design, setup, compliance and tuning.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Crazy to see an ES being driven more like an IS 350... there are some points where you can really see how fast he is going - and how well the car is taking it. Super impressive!

he got a little bit confused with gear selection being the max gear, not the current gear... but i know that is something people did not like when it was changed in... was it GS? In the end, setting max gear is actually more useful in traditional automatic, in most cases.

Will1991

Reactions
The seats are quite a looker... I want to try them just for the experience.