Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Ive got my lc out for summer now, and the idea of that beautiful dash having some slab of plastic on it hurts.

Especially when everything else they added is so good.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I really don't get it.
If you are gonna make it a touchscreen, can't you find a freaking supplier that at least slim those huge ss bezels down and make it curved alongside the dashboard??

BMW has done it what's the problem? After so many years of waiting this is yet again another LS fail attempt?
P90458166-highRes.jpg

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
I really don't get it.
If you are gonna make it a touchscreen, can't you find a freaking supplier that at least slim those huge ss bezels down and make it curved alongside the dashboard??

BMW has done it what's the problem? After so many years of waiting this is yet again another LS fail attempt?
View attachment 6895

Looks like a still image was just attached for visual representation. Don’t think those are bezels.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• New multimedia system with large touchscreen and greater functionality
  • New cabin colour schemes
  • New exterior paintwork colours
  • Suspension and body changes sharpen the driving experience
  • More capabilities with Lexus Safety System +
  • Exclusive rear wing, bodywork colour, and styling details for the Ultimate Edition

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
That is embarassing.

Nearly turns me off the brand on principal.

I can see why people dont like Toyota culture in general.

A car company run by boring, werthers original dinosaurs who ruin everything they touch after a lifetime spent deservedly being bullied.

Its probably because they locked into some supplier agreement and are stuck using this junk.

God forbid these people not constantly operate one generation behind. Corner cutting, risk averse cowards.

You would think Seppuku would be a useful cultural moor to help clean out the cobwebs.

Last edited:
Reactions
That is embarassing.

Nearly turns me off the brand on principal.

I can see why people dont like Toyota culture in general.

A car company run by boring, werthers original dinosaurs who ruin everything they touch after a lifetime spent deservedly being bullied.

Its probably because they locked into some supplier agreement and are stuck using this junk.

God forbid these people not constantly operate one generation behind. Corner cutting, risk averse cowards.

You would think Seppuku would be a useful cultural moor to help clean out the cobwebs.

you had a lot saved up there huh

let it out...

mikeavelli

Reactions
Y’all knew this was coming. No way the interior was being completely revised. Everyone has slap on tablets. They all look slapped on. I agree the thickness of this is at odds with everyone else.

The original interiors were designed for remote touch. Americans bitched at it and well this is what we asked for. Touchscreens.

The new NX, RX, RZ integrated their screens and people are saying it’s too much and not luxurious. So honestly what is a designer to do?

I’m not defending the move but damned if they do, damned if they don’t lol, Will need to see in person but I don’t think it would prevent me from owning a 2024…..

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Y’all knew this was coming. No way the interior was being completely revised. Everyone has slap on tablets. They all look slapped on. I agree the thickness of this is at odds with everyone else.

The original interiors were designed for remote touch. Americans bitched at it and well this is what we asked for. Touchscreens.

The new NX, RX, RZ integrated their screens and people are saying it’s too much and not luxurious. So honestly what is a designer to do?

I’m not defending the move but damned if they do, damned if they don’t lol, Will need to see in person but I don’t think it would prevent me from owning a 2024…..

lc6044-g.jpg

1. They literally slapped a giant pad that looks arguably worse than current ipad onto the dash.

2. At least tuck the left side part into the padding area so it does not look "tacked on".

3. It must have been too hard for them to get contract from an actual supplier that are able to trim down those top and bottom fAT bEzELs.

4. Leave the clock where it's at behind the plastic cover.

I understand making it a touchscreen will never look as good as it sitting inside the dash but there are certainly ways to make it look more integrated.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If all LCs are bespoke now anyways you should offer custom order takumi artwork inlays for areas of the car like the part next to the display.
If you want to utilize your base of talent do it, dont just talk about it. Go get the best artisans in japan and offer ludicrous customizations or coachbuilding. For how big TMC is, youd think a team of high margin generators that doubles as marketing would be justifiable.