Official 8th Generation (2018+) 010B Camry Discussion

Reactions
I think the current Accord is ugly, too. The exterior lines are weird (and the few that I see often have the goofy spiral rims), and the interior has one of the worst cases of "we superglued an iPad to the center stack" on the market.
Unfortunately, the iPad plastered to dashes is getting worse. It permeates the new Corollas and C-HR as well. The knock on the Camry against the Accord was previously NOT having Carplay, which now has been resolved with it being retrofitted to 2018 models, and I think Android Auto that will be introduced and likely also be retrofitted to the rest of the current Camry lineup.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Unfortunately, the iPad plastered to dashes is getting worse. It permeates the new Corollas and C-HR as well. The knock on the Camry against the Accord was previously NOT having Carplay, which now has been resolved with it being retrofitted to 2018 models, and I think Android Auto that will be introduced and likely also be retrofitted to the rest of the current Camry lineup.

This is literally what is stopping me from buying a benz. I just cannot stand their approach to the digital aspects of their interiors. Between the LEDs and the tablet screens, it's just not attractive (despite how great their higher end interiors are/can be).

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
This is literally what is stopping me from buying a benz. I just cannot stand their approach to the digital aspects of their interiors. Between the LEDs and the tablet screens, it's just not attractive (despite how great their higher end interiors are/can be).
Tablet screens are great, just need it to be more integrated part of the dash rather then an afterthought

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I had a feeling we'd hear about AWD Camry/Avalon before ES. Only makes sense as everything else has been "Toyota first" so far.

Reactions
1977? VW's inside and out don't look designed at all outside the Arteon which also has an interior for the 1980s.

It looks NOTHING like the 80's (or f*ck me, the 70's).

A VW from the 1970's.

This is their progress several years later.

Not saying any of these are bad. But what you're saying is downright ridiculous.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It looks NOTHING like the 80's (or f*ck me, the 70's).

View attachment 3462
A VW from the 1970's.

View attachment 3463
This is their progress several years later.

Not saying any of these are bad. But what you're saying is downright ridiculous.

1569824096256-png.3456

I dunno you seem to be proving my point. Angular, blank buttons all over and pretty dreadful compared to the competition.

Don't take me to literal lol.

Will1991

Reactions
This past weekend was able to do a small test-drive on a full spec Camry, really impressive interior confort and refinement.

Was already surprised how good it seemed just by seating, but driving, it's a really big step forward regarding previous Avensis.

My girlfriend was with me and she drives a A-Class Mercedes or her fathers E-Class and even her was impressed by the Camry Hybrid.

It does makes perfect sense how well this car is selling!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
This past weekend was able to do a small test-drive on a full spec Camry, really impressive interior confort and refinement.

Was already surprised how good it seemed just by seating, but driving, it's a really big step forward regarding previous Avensis.

My girlfriend was with me and she drives a A-Class Mercedes or her fathers E-Class and even her was impressed by the Camry Hybrid.

It does makes perfect sense how well this car is selling!

Too bad they built it as fleet car in Europe and are missing more stylish versions with two tone colors.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Its selling well for the segment, which is shrinking. Still the best selling midsizer, but the focus is on crossovers that are selling even better.

I feel like now that Ford and GM are going all in on crossovers that that fad will now evaporate to spite them (and to make Lexus look even later with the LF-1), but we'll see.

Reactions
I feel like now that Ford and GM are going all in on crossovers that that fad will now evaporate to spite them (and to make Lexus look even later with the LF-1), but we'll see.
Its working for them now, but yeah, its a very short sighted business move that will bite them in the ass when the seas change. For the short term, Toyota isn't making much profit on its cars, but their approach is way different but a better long term solution. Again, its trucks, SUVs and crossovers are carrying the weight of US profits.

FCA is riding the wave now and its working while it lasts