My 2014 LS F-Sport Build Thread "Big Bertha"

mikeavelli

Reactions
Question on the Skipper lip. Did you clear coat it or is that how it comes from the factory?

Its clear coated from the factory. They have the usual black carbon or grey carbon...

http://www.skipper.co.jp/products/aeroparts/ls004.php

105.jpg

Reactions
Good to know. I see others like Aimgain & Artisan Spirits that say CFRP and assume you need to clear coat them. How was the fitment and install? Pretty straight forward? I really like how this one small piece sets the whole car off.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Good to know. I see others like Aimgain & Artisan Spirits that say CFRP and assume you need to clear coat them. How was the fitment and install? Pretty straight forward? I really like how this one small piece sets the whole car off.

I had trusted shop install it. In reviewing the directions it seemed fairly straightforward. Fit and Finish was very good. The front lip really transforms the front of the LS and it gets tons of compliments.

mikeavelli

Reactions
There are not many companies that cater to the V-8 LS 460 in regards to adding an exhaust...luckily Fujitsubo still does, they supply most of the JDM (and some other major brands) racing teams and have been around since 1931!

I have their titanium exhaust on order for the LS!!

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Great idea for exhuast on a (V8) LS, will make the car much more engaging to drive.

I noticed Mercedes with its newer "AMG lite" models is doing some nice mild tuned exhaust setups from the factory, a nice way to increase sporty appeal.

mikeavelli

Reactions
image.jpeg image.jpeg

A funny story to come on this full titanium Fujitsubo exhaust! It's cleared customs in Cali and is currently at my friends at Cusco USA and will arrive to Miami Shortly!

EACH SIDE WEIGHS ONLY 9LBS!!!!!

image.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
13307221_573753579470596_7193344159461214507_n.jpg

More to come very soon. Stock exhaust on the left and Fujitsubo Titanium Exhaust on the right. Easy as pie to install.

Also note the stock LSD on the LS F-Sport :)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks good. Looking forward to the sound clip.

Short clip we put together at Vossen.... (Thanks Dela)! Install was a breeze..After a couple of days I am in LOVE....

1. Wife noticed it... "Hey whats up with your car is sounds louder"
2. 2 year old noticed...only in the RC F and other sports cars does he go "Vrrrom Vrrooom when the car starts".....he did it for the first time in the LS :)
3. The LS actually SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING! :D At idle it has a low rumble, finally showcasing it has a nice big V-8..under constant throttle it also has a nice sound but not overbearing, it is still a LS 460.
4. Much quicker throttle response I note, including being able to rev into redline!

Reactions
That looks like a professional commercial! You did all that for the install? What about a longer video like a walk around or acceleration?

mikeavelli

Reactions
That looks like a professional commercial! You did all that for the install? What about a longer video like a walk around or acceleration?

In a month or so..I'm already noticing a difference in sound after a couple of days...:)

mikeavelli

Reactions
A clip of one of my Forged Wheels being cut...

Whatever happened to the wall around video for th exhaust. I'm curious as to how it sounds.

I'm behind...might try an iPhone video for now....its really not that loud outside the car, the best sound to me is upon initial startup and idling, which is hard to capture. Revving it, it really doesn't sound amazing, just louder.