internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
20-02-25-lexus-lc-f-rendering-1024x546.jpg

At the recent reveal of the IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition, Lexus executives revealed some interesting nuggets, including that more F and F SPORT models are planned and coming very soon. The information comes via Kirk Kreifels on YouTube.
The video shows an interesting dialogue between Townsend Bell and Andrew Gilleland, group vice president and general manager of the Lexus Division.
Bell: [The IS 500 F SPORT Performance] is the first in the F SPORT Performance line… does that mean we will see other vehicles in the F SPORT performance line?
Gilleland: There will definitely be more vehicles – there’s a lot more where this came from. I’m not going to be able to get into it…”
Bell: Is there another F anything coming?
Gilleland...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeavelli

Reactions
My god I was there. Did they hear the same thing lol.
There is more product coming, Nothing was specific for those in attendance. What is most important is from the top down in Japan and the USA, we got gear heads in charge and they want to shake things up and they know us enthusiasts are key to this success.

I linked the Racer article in the track thread and everyone missed it.

Reactions
What about RC? They still believe in coupé? 🤔
Possibly? The article Mike linked in another thread sort of hints that. Although maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Wilson sees IMSA’s GT Daytona class, which uses GT3-based models, as a perfect and ongoing fit for Lexus. The RC F GT3 is currently races in partnership with the Vasser Sullivan team, as insiders know, put up a big fight in its early development. After undergoing two significant rounds of improvements the RC F GT3 platform found its competitive stride and has been a championship contender over the last two seasons.

As it reaches the end of its time in GTD, Wilson can’t wait for the RC F GT3’s replacement — somewhere around 2024 — to carry the brand into the future.

“What we’re hearing from our colleagues in Japan is giving me that same level of confidence, because behind the scenes, the product is following,” he said. “Getting a little glimpse into the future of the product plans for Lexus, I’m thrilled. There is product coming that will be very well suited for a GT3 category; a very natural fit for global GT3 racing. More than the RC F.

Last edited:

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Sounds good. Take care!

5a1s.gif
Fine, make a laugh at me. 20 years a Lexus fan and always a new Lexus. After your reactions I feel like selling my recent Lexus, just not buying one but two cars of another brand.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Fine, make a laugh at me. 20 years a Lexus fan and always a new Lexus. After your reactions I feel like selling my recent Lexus, just not buying one but two cars of another brand.

Nobody is laughing, but also, nobody can fix your current predicament either. It is clear that you are looking for a place to complain, which is what this thread is for. So, going into numerous other threads and saying, "Wahhh, I'm not happy! Wahhh!" doesn't really help anyone else or you, because we can't do anything about it.

So, indeed, perhaps Porsche is better for you at this time. Very well then.

Reactions
Didn't see anyone post this.

Article just basically says that future sports cars from Lexus will be electrified. They also confirm that a future sports car is coming. Potentially the RC F GT3 replacement?

“Our customers expect to have more emotional vehicles offering engagement between driver, passenger and car,” said Tasaghi-san. “One area we think we can do that is providing sport vehicles in the future. I can’t mention specifics, but towards 2025 we will be working on such a vehicle for the future.”

Last edited:

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I keep hearing LC F is dead... again this weekend. Not sure...

It would be interesting if we would ever see that 4.4TT at this point. From my arbitrary conclusion I guess Lexus US is fighting for it. Maybe we see it in some F-Sport Performance package, I doubt we will see it in dedicated F model as those are dead at this point and they are not coming back until performance PHEV/BEV powertrains takes off.

Will1991

Reactions
According to Creative311 this might go deeper than expected, and Lexus killed the future LC F and it was replaced by a second generation LFA!
They even say, and this seems a bit of a stretch and hard to swallow, it will be based on a modified platform that’s going to underpin the next all-new IS!
As for the engine, they say it may be a Electrified TwinTurbo V8.

Source: https://creative311.com/?p=117367

For me, I hope it’s true but not called LFA if indeed It’s not going to be built on a dedicated platform.