bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
According to Creative311 this might go deeper than expected, and Lexus killed the future LC F and it was replaced by a second generation LFA!
They even say, and this seems a bit of a stretch and hard to swallow, it will be based on a modified platform that’s going to underpin the next all-new IS!
As for the engine, they say it may be a Electrified TwinTurbo V8.

Source: https://creative311.com/?p=117367

For me, I hope it’s true but not called LFA if indeed It’s not going to be built on a dedicated platform.
hmmm. And the plot thickens. All new IS and LFA?

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
A source on the SupraMKV Forums (A70) pretty much confirmed the LCF was back on track. He supposedly works at Toyota and was working on a Lexus high performance product.
The source is fabled A70TTR I'm assuming? We haven't heard an update from him in over 6 months (which makes me a bit sad).

While all of this is speculation, even if a certain product is already well in the development process, that doesn't necessarily mean we will see the final product (i.e. the GS turned Mirai). @mikeavelli's vague non-denial may mean that this speculation has more substance than we know.... :D

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
The source is fabled A70TTR I'm assuming? We haven't heard an update from him in over 6 months (which makes me a bit sad).

While all of this is speculation, even if a certain product is already well in the development process, that doesn't necessarily mean we will see the final product (i.e. the GS turned Mirai). @mikeavelli's vague non-denial may mean that this speculation has more substance than we know.... :D
Yeah it’s very possible. I’m just happy Toyota/Lexus just said let’s make more crazy performance cars, as like a swan song. I would be shook if we got both a LCF and a LFA (I doubt it but a guy can dream)

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
A source on the SupraMKV Forums (A70) pretty much confirmed the LCF was back on track. He supposedly works at Toyota and was working on a Lexus high performance product.

If one claims to work at Toyota and are not in a position to talk about future product...it's all hearsay.

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
If one claims to work at Toyota and are not in a position to talk about future product...it's all hearsay.
Well of course, it’s no different then us sharing a magazine about a future product. I just find it interesting.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Cancelling LC-F and then reviving it makes no sense unless they are just doing the engine swap without any extras that supposedly went into LC-F. Anyhow the story will unfold quite soon, if LC facelift comes up and LC F-Spot Performance/LC-F is not the first thing you hear about that facelift then it's not coming at all.