Lexus Trademarks LM 350 & LM 300h Nameplates in USA

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think I've mentioned this before, but there was a Tundra crew cab running around Orlando circa 2006 with perfectly-done Lexus badging. Given this was around the time of the Lincoln Blackwood and the Escalade EXT it made perfect sense. (I never for a second thought it was anything other than an aftermarket mod though).

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
350 & 300h is nearly just as displacement as the X-Class

It's amazing if they do it correctly to be a European pickup as the Amarok & X-Class

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@FujiSpeedway

Even though you maybe right the LQ will be EQ competitor but I have a few points

1) Lexus is not Mercedes-Benz to make a new dedicated model in fact when Lexus start building their own BEV they will be a variants from the current models with the new powerhouse, take a hint in the 2020 Lexus LS face-lift will come with Fuel cell variant that's it.

2) to say Lexus LS LQ is so odd than to say Lexus LSe which I think they will go the second way.

3) Lexus registered two small capacity engines for a car like LF-1, the 350 is the entry level current LS found in EMEA / ASIA OCEANIA, but the 300h is very small in the car in this category its even smaller than the hybrid variant found in the much smaller FWD RX and nearly the same one found in the more smaller NX.

4)the capacity of the registered LM makes it perfectly head to head with Mercedes X class especially the hybrid unit as Toyota already replacing all the diesel with hybrids.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
@FujiSpeedway

4)the capacity of the registered LM makes it perfectly head to head with Mercedes X class especially the hybrid unit as Toyota already replacing all the diesel with hybrids.

Designating a rebadge of the Hilux/next gen Tacoma with an "L" flagship designation would not happen, IMO. I really do not believe Lexus is going to move into the luxury pickup space. Mercedes is just giving it a shot, while Lincoln and Cadillac have both tried and failed.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Amarok is doing well in Europe and so Benz will do that's why we start hearing rumors that Benz will do a V8 if many customers asking for it, honestly I we all speculate now, but if it is LF-1 with these capacities it will be a flop

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Luxury pickup is an oxymoron. X-Class and Amarok are in no way more luxurious than a Ranger. A car with solid rear axle and hard suspension setting for load, can not be luxury. I wish cars got more utilitarian. The Dacia Duster lacks a 200 PS engine.

I really do not understand what this trademark means. 350 and 300h are not "L" worthy. If a "luxury" van or pickup, it should use the first letter G. GM? Something else, but not L.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@Levi
In short what I means is that those low displacement numbers are in match with Benz, Toyota and other companies regarding the mid trucks or the minivan

But way too small regarding what the production LF-1 shall face I mean the low end X5 / X6 / X7, GLE / GLE coupe / GLS, Q7 / Q8, even XC90 the LF-1 will be a flagship RWD based SUV, in comparison we never saw until this moment RX with 300h title!!!

Reactions
I believe the LM trademark will be a Lexus Multipurpose Van on the likes of the Veilfire or Alphard, available in the South East Asian region as the Alphard also has 2 drivetrains (3.5Ltr v6 and 2.5Ltr Hybrid), hence the LM350 and LM300h nomenclature . Will probably not make it to the US.

RAL

Reactions
I believe the LM trademark will be a Lexus Multipurpose Van on the likes of the Veilfire or Alphard, available in the South East Asian region as the Alphard also has 2 drivetrains (3.5Ltr v6 and 2.5Ltr Hybrid), hence the LM350 and LM300h nomenclature . Will probably not make it to the US.
Welcome! @Lexuslife

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
I do like the sound of that! I hope Europe gets it.