krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-11-03-lexus-is-500-badge.jpg

Lexus has announced a reshuffling of its performance lineup options, branching out F SPORT out into F SPORT Design, F SPORT Handling, and F SPORT Performance. Here’s how Lexus describes each tier:

F SPORT Design: For those that appreciate bold and unmistakable style, these vehicles may feature sport-inspired exterior design, including unique front and rear bumpers, grille and wheels.
F SPORT Handling will build on Design with sport-tuned suspension components honed at the track, including Adaptive Variable Suspension. Guest can expect confidence-inspiring cornering and responsiveness from the all-new 2022 NX and LX.
F SPORT Performance: In addition to the updated suspension components, these models may receive a higher performance powertrain, as seen in the 2022 IS 500.
F: As the highest expression of Lexus...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
"F models will be further upgraded with innovative components developed for the racetrack, including upgraded brakes, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight materials."

No mention of powertrain...? Only "components"

So technically an IS F is the IS 500 with the with upgraded brakes, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight materials...?

IS F before 2025 and new CAFE regulations?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Its a pretty solid business move that others have been using. Trims pieces and badging=$$$$.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Similar to BMW's 4 tier branding?

Feels like a move to increase profit margins. Now they can drop AVS on many previous F-Sport products and charge a premium for that. I just don't see how they can add a lot of FSPs and Fs given their current lineup.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Weird that High Performance doesn't include engine upgrades.
Also, Lexus please redesign sport seats, they are uncomfortable. More color options would be nice too, not only black and red.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
How long did this take them to come up with? In that time could they have put a TTV8 into a car and already sold it? I'm just so confused with them. Talk about evolution of F? What is there? Like truly. We have the RCF it has it's faults sure but I think they did a pretty darn good job on it but what else do we have? Nothing. I'm just at a loss of words sorry. I know some will say patience but we have been patient. What more do you they want from us?

Reactions
They confuse me with all the changes they make on a regular basis! The products I'm interested in are the LC and IS500, they can keep the rest!

I was looking forward to the LQ/LF-1, but it ain't happening and I'm not surprised! I work for Audi so I guess I'll just have to break away from Lexus and get a RS Q8. A bit off topic but felt the need to voice.

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
Lets just hope Lexus is not doing this to try and please car journalists who have always criticize Lexus products from inception.
This must be strictly a business solution for hardcore performance lexus enthusiast.

Reactions
Not sure if anyone noticed yet, but the new NX build configurator is live and already displays the “F Sport Handling” nomenclature.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Similar to BMW's 4 tier branding?

Feels like a move to increase profit margins. Now they can drop AVS on many previous F-Sport products and charge a premium for that. I just don't see how they can add a lot of FSPs and Fs given their current lineup.

Lexus imho opinion was testing this out in 2015 with the advent of the NX f sport package (not sure if the IS had the same thing); an appearance package in the US, while otherplaces AVS was included. And truth be told F sport was in high demand.

The rollout was on the 4th Gen RX. MY16-MY19 RX F sport included AVS. MY20 forwards the US gets two variations of F sport. AVS is only added in once you get the higher "handling package"

And you are correct on profit margins.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
yeah I walked in to my Lexus dealer cause my lease is almost up and they asked me what my next car would be and I'm like not sure Lexus got rid of my GS which sucks and the GX/LX are too old (yes I know brand new LX is coming) but I said I was disappointed that Lexus still doesn't have a bigger engine for any of their SUVs. I was like BMW has 2 4.4 V8s too choose from with their X5 and he was like well yeah but that's if you want to spend 100k...I was like isn't the LX 100k?? Anyway a little off topic with that but like dude it's not like Lexus cars are inexpensive (thank god wouldn't want that) but like Lexus literally has no choices to compete with the bigger engines. Is this a sign to come from them? Not sure as we have been down this rabbit hole before with no new F engines or even F cars. Yes IS500 looks pretty awesome and I think it will do well for them but does anyone really believe that in a dying segment we will have an IS350, IS500, and ISF?

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
V6 determines their floor and V8 determines their ceiling . TTV6 hybrid is good, but not enough , Lexus really need the V8 to remain competitive. I really hope Lexus understand that V8 is unreplaceable.

Adrian

Fan
Reactions
V6 determines their floor and V8 determines their ceiling . TTV6 hybrid is good, but not enough , Lexus really need the V8 to remain competitive. I really hope Lexus understand that V8 is unreplaceable.
In a way I agree because Lexus started and is known for their V8's. We arent asking for multiple V8's just one that can be put into multiple vehicles to really compete. Sadly with Toyota being Toyota and how the world is moving to smaller displacement and electrification we won't be getting a new V8 in the future :(

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Besides being a v8 can you describe any thing that the TTV6 is lacking that substantially will change how most end consumer experience and interact with their products?