krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Lexus RC F GT3 Scores First Victory in IMSA WeatherTech Championship
18-05-07-lexus-rc-f-14-gt3.jpg

Drivers Dominik Baumann and Kyle Marcelli were dominant throughout the race.
View the original article post

Reactions
YESS!! I AM SO HAPPY! Isn't anyone taking note how the Lexus LC and the RC are dominating the GT segment in motorsports? Simply amazing.

Is this thread will be only Lexus or for Toyota also?, as Toyota won the first race in the WEC2018

Hey man! I was considering to take on the role of starting my own thing. Honestly though, tell me about it! I wanted to have an entire thread dedicated to Toyota Motorsports GMBH/Gazoo Racing and such. I was going to do news and such of the WEC, and the other amazing things Toyota does. The WEC is absolutely legendary, and is one of my favorite racing series of all time. I was going to report it, but then I was like its fine. Even though we have the garage. Still though, I am BUZZING like no other and still screaming internally for Toyota in the WEC. What an amazing race. It was scintillating. The pure speed and finesse of the TS050 Hybrid made it fly throughout Spa-Francochamps. There isn't a Porsche or an Audi to fight them anymore, so they finished the race 2 LAPS ahead of the next LMP1 car (not including the other Toyota car, which finished a few seconds behind the winner). This is an easy championship for Toyota, unlike 2014, where they had to fight a little, this season will be a home run. Go Toyota! I'm rooting for you, your car and your legendary drivers!

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Hey man! I was considering to take on the role of starting my own thing. Honestly though, tell me about it! I wanted to have an entire thread dedicated to Toyota Motorsports GMBH/Gazoo Racing and such. I was going to do news and such of the WEC, and the other amazing things Toyota does. The WEC is absolutely legendary, and is one of my favorite racing series of all time. I was going to report it, but then I was like its fine. Even though we have the Garage. Still though, I am BUZZING like no other and still screaming internally for Toyota in the WEC. What an amazing race. It was scintillating. The pure speed and finesse of the TS050 Hybrid made it fly throughout Spa-Francochamps. There isn't a Porsche or an Audi to fight them anymore, so they finished the race 2 LAPS ahead of the next LMP1 car (not including the other Toyota car, which finished a few seconds behind the winner). This is an easy championship for Toyota, unlike 2014, where they had to fight a little, this season will be a home run. Go Toyota! I'm rooting for you, your car and your legendary drivers!
Indeed, there's nothing or no one to stop you if you want to start a Toyota WEC Racing (or even Toyota Racing if you want to throw in the Yaris WRC) Megathread. ;)

Reactions
This is amazing. Lexus showing its presence in motorsports is huge for them, especially in Europe.

If you guys haven't heard, Japan (Super GT) and Germany (DTM) are making strides to merge into a series that has been initially dubbed as "Class One". Both bosses have been trying to extend their hands in terms of friendship and widen their presence around the world. Now for Lexus, this is good news because they now have the opportunity to have a huge presence in Germany, that they didn't have before (was only WRC and WEC with Toyota generally). This will boost Lexus' image like no other and we won't have to worry as much in terms of competition and image much longer for Europe. German car manufacturers are hoping the same, as they're also trying to have a huge presence in Japan too. Both Europeans and Japanese have huge amounts of respect for each other, so this process of a merged, single, high profile GT racing series is really good news for everyone. I really cannot wait for this to happen, some reports say the merger may occur somewhere in the next 2 years. This is a big step for everyone, and this represents how relevant GT racing still is.

Now for the "nitty gritty", there has been some demonstrations both in Japan and in Germany to give fans a taste, and they have been raving from both sides. There has been talk of regulations, where DTM has made strides to make the move from the V8 engines that has made them so popular, to a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, very similar to Super GT regulations for 2019. This was at a pause because Mercedes-Benz still wanted the V8's to happen, but now that this is their last season in DTM, it has made the merger much easier. It was apparent that the merger was going to happen a while back, and also the switch in power units, but Mercedes-Benz were adamant on the V8 engines, so it stayed.

Now that things are going to clear up a little, with 2019 being a transition year, probably being the last year for both series on its own, the merger will probably happen in 2020. I hope this comes true, because this move will make Lexus hugely successful in Europe (and other manufacturers of course).

Last edited:

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Great job Gazoo for another great win, continuing the legacy of the LFA. Although IIRC LFA competed in SP8 class and was finishing 1st in class and something like 14th (or maybe 30 something) overall? I truly miss the LFA days, maybe if they went up in class, the LFA could've been winning the N24 outright? I'm not a big racing fan so excuse my ignorance but LFA days were truly exciting for me.

Some of the photos included were really nice, thanks for the update!