krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus RC F GT3 Teams Start Blancpain Series Season This Weekend

18-04-06-lexus-blancpain-emil-frey.jpg

The two RC Fs will be run by Emil Frey Racing.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
seems that they are in the middle of the pack. I'd like to see better, but the AMG GT3 and others are tough competitors, but its nice to see Lexus out there and Emil Frey is a great racing team. Being in the race is critical! Lexus is right on track being in this competition. Last year I attended an IMSA race at Watkins Glen, I will be at least another IMSA event this year to support Lexus Racing.

Reactions
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THEY ARE IN BLANCPAIN!! A GREAT STEP IN SPORTSCAR RACING. WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS HERE? STOP CUTTING THEM. Anyways I am so proud. :')

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THEY ARE IN BLANCPAIN!! A GREAT STEP IN SPORTSCAR RACING. WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS HERE? STOP CUTTING THEM. Anyways I am so proud. :')

oops, i think I took a slice of an onion there! mea culpa.

You are correct that the fact that they are in Blancpain is fantastic!

Reactions
oops, i think I took a slice of an onion there! mea culpa.

You are correct that the fact that they are in Blancpain is fantastic!

Awww you! ;) Ya got me there. All good though!

Anyways, boy am I really proud for these guys, they are having much more presence in racing. They are winning lots of races in different series and have won titles under Lexus too. Smart on them, build a strong foundation in racing divisions smaller than F1, they can make an entrance in time for the 2021 regulations, where they have attracted a lot of potential constructors and suppliers like Aston Martin, Porsche, Cosworth and Ilmor. Hope Lexus joins in too.

For those who don't follow F1 and are not aware of what the 2021 regulations are:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tech-analysis-behind-f12021-engine-row-974447/
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/4/formula-1-tables-its-proposals-for-2021.html

This can really open doors for Lexus. Plenty of reasons why it makes sense. For those who haven't seen my very first few posts here, it was regarding Lexus in F1, flip to the first page to see why I said it makes sense.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So in general bad week
I remembered the previous yead Lexus had all 6 cars in the top ten of super GT