maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Let me answer point by point

*Supra is already here and they said they may add another body options

*Mark will return as a lot of rumors based on Mazda new FR chassis / engine which can be amazing opportunity for the Soarer

*MR / Celica already rumoured to return back again even Toyota confirm that they will make one of them

*86 is already due for the next generation, and they shall make it hatchback AE86 like the past and also to be differentiated from the coupe body BRZ

*Harrier is already here and they will already have a next Harrier based on TNGA

*ES is already the reason why Avalon sales is not much even it's better than the ES in every single way

*GS if the rumoured 4 doors coupe are true it needs to be named just GS with SC as it's own 2 doors coupe in a Panamera/911 relation not S coupe / S sedan relation

*LQ/GQ already here with the LF-1 limitless

*Now just remaining is the LandCruiser brand with all the BOF

So there won't be a lot more money to spend actually as most of what I said already rumoured and the other part just engine/chassis swap

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
Let me answer point by point

*Supra is already here and they said they may add another body options

*Mark will return as a lot of rumors based on Mazda new FR chassis / engine which can be amazing opportunity for the Soarer

*MR / Celica already rumoured to return back again even Toyota confirm that they will make one of them

*86 is already due for the next generation, and they shall make it hatchback AE86 like the past and also to be differentiated from the coupe body BRZ

*Harrier is already here and they will already have a next Harrier based on TNGA

*ES is already the reason why Avalon sales is not much even it's better than the ES in every single way

*GS if the rumoured 4 doors coupe are true it needs to be named just GS with SC as it's own 2 doors coupe in a Panamera/911 relation not S coupe / S sedan relation

*LQ/GQ already here with the LF-1 limitless

*Now just remaining is the LandCruiser brand with all the BOF

So there won't be a lot more money to spend actually as most of what I said already rumoured and the other part just engine/chassis swap

Supra and 86 arent even real Toyotas. If your points consider TMC just to collab or rebadge with other brands then good for you, if the average buyers don't care about "not being a real TMC product then they won't care about sporty vehicles as well. So even less reasons for TMC to make any "enthusiast" models.

The Soarer (Z30-Z40) was the SC which is the modern LC, or (Z20) based on the A70 Supra, or the (Z10) to replace the Mark II and Crown coupe. So you want a Mazda Mark II Crown Supra SC Soarer LC coupe? Might as well just ask BMW and make something based on the Supra, and might as well just get a BMW. Then you want Altezza and Cressida to come back, arent they pretty much the same thing? RWD sporty sedans. Too many overlaps not even Mercedes would consider it.

A hatcback 86? Better make a 4 door 86 sedan, an 86 grancoupe, an 86 shooting brake and an 86 convertible along with the 2 door coupe. Add Supra into the equation too so now we will have 5 different body style for bo the Supra and 86, let's saturate the market like potatoes.

The Harrier to sit between the RAV4 and Highlander is realistic but doesnt mean it will come to NA.

If the GS GC ever happens it would mostly likely be based on the LC or the next IS which we know will be bigger than the current model. Lexus need a coupe below the RC more than between the RC and LC similar to BMW's 248I lineup. A halo coupe is needed when the time is right for a Lexus BEV. So potential lineup would be (U)rban(C), RC, LC, (L)exus(F)uture(C) or (S)uper(C).

Avalon is not bettet than the ES in anyway, heck they are mechanically identical at most they are on par with each other, and why would people choose the Avalon when the Camry exist for a lot less? The Avalon still carries a Toyota badge of course it will sell less than a Lexus badge that is very similarily priced. The Avalon's horn sound like a Chinese knockoff and the info quality is worse than a Windows XP desktop.

The next RX should just be what the current RXL is, medium size with optional 3 rows, and make a RQ for the medium SUV coupe that is sportier than the potential RX. The current RX already has a coupe-ish exterior and Lexus should follow the Q8, Velar type of design rather than the horrificly fake coupe design from BMW and MB. The coupe should be an essence rather than literal translation. FWD based vehicles can still be sporty as long there's a good AWD system in place.
The GX should be the true 3 row family SUV like the Escalade (BoF), GLS and the Navigator while the LX should be the niche offroad flagship similar to the Gwagon.

Land Cruiser brand for all the BoF, we should have a pure F brand with F LC, F RC, F LS and better have F BMW and F MB as well. A Century brand for the ultra luxury models like a LS Century. Change all of the Xovers to RWD platforms and put them under a "Q" brand. Dissaolve the Lexus brand and let it rest in history. TMC===>Japanese VAG

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Calm down
I don't know why all of this

We are just talking and have like a brain storming about what should be better and what not

Anyway I got your opinion

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
While I never agree with maiaramdan's overly unrealistic dream scenario, he does bring a valid point. It seems that Lexus is overly zealous about creating highly optimized models (ES being the prime example) that target very lucrative markets at the cost of total addressable market (TAM).

Right now Lexus has a much narrower range of addressable market than BBA, mostly concentrated at the lower end of the entire luxury segment. Their sales distribution is very unbalanced and the sales figures tend to mask the underlying problem.

The Germans are going in the completely opposite direction: maximizing TAM by going after every segment possible. This is not always a great strategy since it's less efficient to engineer lots of products, making these companies more vulnerable to recessions. BBA cannot maintain six or seven Ms or AMGs plus half a dozen coupes and cabriolets and god knows how many crossovers when the next recession strikes. But this strategy does build the brand in a positive way by offering maximum variety for buyers.

I do give Lexus credit for staying in the BoF luxury crossover segment and have a de facto monopoly there. They also made a great move in the luxury minivan segment recently. I do understand it's important to have an efficient supply chain and production system to be always prepared for a magnitude 8.0 earthquake. But even their parent brand Toyota is becoming more willing to take risks these days so there's little reason for a luxury brand to be this risk-adverse.