Lexus LBX Megathread

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
It looks like they're killing F. I hear that every new performance Lexus will have the RR badge, which is silly.

The F nameplate was iconic.
Such a horrible decision 😔 It's strange that the RZ F was registered instead of the RZ Morizo RR, it makes me wonder if the F brand is for EV only.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think Morizo RR might be a standalone thing .. just my thoughts.. but

This is right up my enthusiast alley…

Reactions
Can you elaborate on this a bit?
Autocar reported that every new performance product from Lexus will have the RR badge.

So... what does this mean for the LFA?

Also, while Rookie Racing has truly become a really cool brand, I believe something like Rookie Racing should have been reserved for a F1 or WEC junior team.

Toyoda-san created GR for Toyota, and now RR for Lexus? It just feels... odd. Not that I hate RR, but we had something going with the F nameplate. Had F not existed I would have been fine with this.

sl0519

Admirer
Reactions
Nice one Lexus once again fooled us this entire time. It gives me a good laugh whenever I was reminded of this image.

2021-11-03-lexus-f-sport-pyramid.jpg

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I'm really surprised that they used the Morizo RR name. That said, at 6.5M yen, I don't think they expect to sell very many or in very many markets. Absolutely cool as hell, though. I'd love to drive it back to back against my GR Corolla.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I hope this means more manual transmission Lexus going forward. I don't care about the name change if I can get the next 400PS IS 2.0T with a manual as a spiritual successor to the Altezza RS200.

Plus "RR" sounds way more aggressive than "F" as it's been used in super sport motorcycles that are faster than hyper cars for a long time. The F brand isn't really that marketable as all products that had that badge were uncompetitive, and did not achieve any racing success until last year.

Reactions
The F brand isn't really that marketable as all products that had that badge were uncompetitive, and did not achieve any racing success until last year.
They spent so much marketing everything related to F and F-Sport. They're synonymous with F.

The issue with Lexus is that they throw whatever good thing they have in the trash, they don't care about continuity.

sl0519

Admirer
Reactions

Is it because of the nature of the engine? Dunno if it's special tuned but it sounded a lot like 6 cyl engines!