Lexus Future BEV Thread

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Looks like 90% of us will be waiting for the 2nd gen Lexus BEVs.

I don't admire Tesla but it's done a few things like announced giga casting that has sent reverberating waves across the industry. Hoping that means eventually lower manufacturing costs for BEVs, and resulting slightly lower pricing.
carrot.jpg

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
“IS has a strong image of being rear-wheel drive, but installing the e-axle, an electric drive module that integrates a transaxle, motor, and inverter, only in the rear would require a large size in order to obtain high output. , it is disadvantageous as a package. Therefore, instead of rear-wheel drive, 4WD with two motors in the front and rear is considered to be the most likely option. However, since it will be released in 2025, it will introduce new technologies such as electric torque vectoring that independently controls the left and right rear wheels (two motors), which is currently under research and development, and a system equipped with a two-speed transmission. There is a possibility that it will come.”

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Reactions

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I was very confused looking at this angle thinking it didn't aline with the front teasers, but I realize this is the rear not the front

Correct.
1697052561647.png

If you look, the white segment over the rear wheels and to the back seem to be haunch-like, flat/horizontal, with a tapering greenhouse roofline into a point.

1697052611465.png

This confirms the suspicion, greenhouse tapers to center.

This could look quite alien. I hope it makes it to production without losing too much.

1697052892692.png

1697053689415.png

Some of the styling is remiscient of the below.
Doesn't mean it's not a different vehicle, or a more refined version of the below. But it's pretty clear where the styling is headed, and I'm quite the fan.

I am personally leaning to the above being some different, larger vehicle.

1697053729164.png
1697053947667.png

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
I don't think it's going to be just one concept:

"Next-generation concepts ", plural.

"A line-up of next-generation BEV concept models will be revealed." line-up being the keyword.

Looking forward!

Also, there're two new trademarks!

LF-ZC and LF-ZL!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I don't think it's going to be just one concept:

"Next-generation concepts ", plural.

"A line-up of next-generation BEV concept models will be revealed." line-up being the keyword.

Looking forward!

Also, there're two new trademarks!

LF-ZC and LF-ZL!

Don't be too optimistic.
It's only a concept......it can have whatever specs you can dream of
just look at how RZ turned out to be lmao......

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
What do "C" and "L" represent in these trademarks?
  • Compact and Large?
  • But "C" has also been used (in IS C, for example) to represent "convertible". (But I doubt that it will be a convertible.)

Will1991

Reactions
Don't be too optimistic.
It's only a concept......it can have whatever specs you can dream of
just look at how RZ turned out to be lmao......

The LF-Z concepts according to the newsletters are "The LF-Z Electrified previews the future of Lexus, with design, driving and advanced technologies that will feature in new models to be introduced by 2025."

Source: https://newsroom.lexus.eu/world-premiere-of-lf-z-electrified--a-vision-of-a-new-era-for-lexus/

So I believe this is the facelift spec for the RZ.

What do "C" and "L" represent in these trademarks?
  • Compact and Large?
  • But "C" has also been used (in IS C, for example) to represent "convertible". (But I doubt that it will be a convertible.)

I would guess "C" for compact and "L" for Large, meaning IS and LS EVs.

Coupe and Luxury?